Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to plan for a situation where I might not be able to get to my BOL.
On my property is an old semi disreputable double garage ... old worn paint, missing some siding boards (much higher than eye level), dented/non-working garage doors (permanently disabled), a couple of patches and boards nailed over the windows. You get the idea. It also has a dirt floor, excellent roof, solid lockable doors. The neighbor kids have all had a peek and have seen that I'm just a 'little old lady' that hoards things. Old buckets and drums piled in corners, unused furniture leaning against the walls, garden tools, shelves with stuff piled on them, old camping gear that looks worn out, boxes of junk, etc. ... nothing interesting (to them). Obviously, all is not as it seems. I keep a very, very low profile in this town and only 2 people here know that I'm a prepper.

My question is would it be safe to cook with a volcano stove in this building?

·
Reverend Coot
3,848 Posts
Besure ta have lots a ventilation an never sleep with anything like that or charcoal goin.

A vent in the roof over where the stove be an a panel what could be opened. Ya could even put up a old stove pipe chimney ta help suck out the smoke an gasses. Always besure ta have a updraft.

Just be carefull, ya don't wanna survive an wake up dead!

·
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks OCH. I hadn't thought of an old vent pipe... great idea. Not planning on sleeping out there, just planning ahead in case I run out of fuel for the indoor cooking. I've got enough dehydrated and canned to last a good while and the water collection and filtration covered just needed to make certain I could do the cooking in a secluded area and still be close.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts