Your Prepping Wish List...

Discussion in 'General Preparedness Discussion' started by kejmack, Jun 26, 2011.

1. kejmack

kejmack Texas!!!

What kinds of things are left on your prepping Wish List?

For me, I want to have a pond put in. I want to expand my solar. I would like to add a few more hand tools.

2. ajsmith

ajsmith Well-Known Member

It would be a shorter list if I put down what I do have rather than what I still need.:D Maybe when I have more time I can post up a partial list of wishes...

3. Herbalpagan

Herbalpagan Well-Known Member

more storage, clean out the pond for future hydro, summer kitchen, bigger orchard.

4. Centraltn

Centraltn Well-Known Member

I'd like a stocked pond.. maybe a 1/3 acre pond. If we are dreaming big here...Solar panels enough to run the ref, waterpump and ac. I have lights taken care of.
    I'd like a small 'guest cottage' no larger than a storage shed. I'd like to have a few guard points, like a kids tree house, built in a few select trees around the property. I'd like 2 more years of edible supplies. I'd like a govt that would act responsibly and pass a flat tax.
    I'd like about 100 gals of gasoline and 300 of deisel (just for tractor use to do the heavier work like tilling the garden each spring and maybe hauling cut wood out of the woods with the truck.). WOW this is taking some real thought.. more on this later

5. Meerkat

Meerkat Seeking The Truth

A solar panel for cooling in hot weather.

A couple large standard jennys ,from good stock ' eat very little compared to a horse' [mammaths are too big to handle for us seniors] to guard the other animals and work a plow for small field of food,pull a buck wagon. Won't store gas it will be too appitizing for others,plus it is dangerous,imo.

Mulch for our new garden.Canning jars.

6. TheAnt

TheAnt Aesops Ant (not Aunt)

I would LOVE to be able to afford to move back to the south (AR) and buy 10+ acres bordered on as many sides as possible by federal/state lands (four sides would work). That way I can start to dig in -- seriously dig in.

Where I live now a person could not hardly survive without 18-wheelers bringing everything in and pipes to pipe in our water. Especially a problem with all the people in the area -- if SHTF quickly without warning it would get ugly quick! I probably have just enough preps to get outta dodge and wait and hope things got better or MAYBE just MAYBE think about traveling. If SHTF in a slow orderly fashion I am getting out of here!

7. Clarice

Clarice Well-Known Member

For us I would like a milk cow. A storm shelter. A couple of pigs. More storage, but that could be in the storm shelter. A strong fence around our property and a dog that would bark at strangers. (Our boxer never barks, but her size is intimidating 65 lbs) Also need time to get more organized.

8. power

power ExCommunicated

I don't have much of a list. Can't think of anything to put on it. Just setting back enjoying life.

9. Jerry D Young

Jerry D Young Well-Known Member

CBRN gear

And, of course, a well equipped, well stocked retreat.

10. Genevieve

Genevieve I'm done - gone

I'd like a hand pump for our well. It's a deep one.
    Also would like my rootcellar finished ( rolleyes lol)
    More raised beds to garden in

Thats the biggies.

11. Emerald

Emerald Well-Known Member

I'm with Genevieve I want a Bison deep well hand pump-thinking about borrowing the cash for it from my mother it is under $1600 at the moment but how long will that last?

12. Meerkat

LOL good for you.:congrat:.Not only am I not 'sitting back'but not enjoying it too much either!:(.Need more fun in our life.But fun is expensive.

13. PamsPride

PamsPride edirPsmaP

Ummmm....EVERYTHING! I agree, I would be easier to list all the things I have instead of all the things I still want. I want a BIG farm to start with! Then I want it outfitted to be self sufficient.

There is not to much more I can or want to do to my place now because I would like to save toward the farm.

14. TheAnt

TheAnt Aesops Ant (not Aunt)

Awww! Good old fashioned fun is free! The funnest things in life are free. I agree that we are smart for prepping but you gotta have a good time as well! Take a step back, take a deep breath, enjoy the little things! God gives life and he gives it abundantly. I intend to live it abundantly! :beercheer:

15. Meerkat

We had a hand pump put in a few years ago,but it was too slow a flow,so I told him to pull it out and take it back and he was'nt gettign a dime for it.Talking about a mad well man!No madder than I was,when I saw that slow small stream of water.

Make sure it is put in right nd does what they say it will do.Make them guarantee the amount pumped per minute.

That pump would have put me in the hospital or grave .

We do want a pump that will work.

16. Meerkat

Your right Ant,all work and no play makes for a lost soul.From what I hear the jewish religian thinks its a sin not to enjoy life. Think we christians should too.:flower:

17. power

power ExCommunicated

It doesn't take much to satisfy me. I don't feel the need to impress others with my belongings. I just want to live a comfortable life. It really doesn't take much to do that. I am very lucky.

18. Meerkat

A big farm is ok for large hard working families,but a small farm is more practicle today.

We only use about an acre the rest just gets ignored.Now if you want cattle you need more.Just plan on possibly having to grow feed for them if TSHTF [ why we only have chickens].Or get handy with scythe's or sickles and swingblades.Last time I used a slingblade I was hoping it was the last tiem I had to. :eek:

19. Meerkat

You sound like my hubby,he's happy with just me and the animals.But I like to go places sometimes.I like walks on the beach,boating and just swimming and floating in the ocean.He's petrified of sharks since he got disabled he won't swim in the ocean with me.Like he could have out swam one when before he was disabled. :)We use to dance very well together,he can't dance anymore.Neither can I with this bum knee.We don't fish,swim or dance,just work our ***'s off here at the unproductive farm.:nuts:

20. power

power ExCommunicated

I spend quite a bit of time in a kayak fishing. Been thinking about getting a little bigger boat so my dog could go along. I never could dance. Seemed like more work than fun.