·
Who am I and where are my pants?
193 Posts
At the moment, Neal Morse Band - Waterfall

But I'm also a big fan of his latest concept album The Similitude of a Dream

·
Banned
2,601 Posts
I like "In the Garden", "How Great Thou Art" and "On the Other Side of the Cross" all by the Statler Brothers.

·
Banned
592 Posts
I have two... the family theme song and my personal fav

In WW2 my dad flew with VP-54 the " Black Cats" out of Guadalcanal, he was what they called a Silver Eagle, an enlisted pilot that wore silver wings instead of the gold wings of an Officer Pilot . He and his crew got shot down over Vella la Vella on a night raid and crash landed in heavy seas .. they all got to shore ( a PBY is a sea plane, but it sunk) and spent a week hiding and dodging the Japanese until they found an Australian Coast watcher who lined up some natives and canoes to eventually paddle them out to a waiting PT Boat to take them home.

The natives, when they showed up, identified themselves as friendlies by singing this Hymn

My personal is

not a Hymn but close enough in my family and there is a story here as well.. by all rights "God save the Queen" would have been the Australian National Anthem in WW2, Dad wasn't fond of Royalty. so we all learned to sing

so that coast watcher would never be forgotten.

·
Who am I and where are my pants?
193 Posts
Too each his own, not sure who this is but guess its ok if you like it. :wave:
He used to be the lead singer for Progressive Rock band Spock's Beard. He left to persue a career as a Christian Progressive Rock artist. His albums Testimony and One are some of my favorites. Sola Scriptora tells the story of Martin Luther and the Reformation. Wild and sometimes esoterical stuff, but with a message...

·
Seeking The Truth
7,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
He used to be the lead singer for Progressive Rock band Spock's Beard. He left to persue a career as a Christian Progressive Rock artist. His albums Testimony and One are some of my favorites. Sola Scriptora tells the story of Martin Luther and the Reformation. Wild and sometimes esoterical stuff, but with a message...
I just never heard of them glad you told me who they were. :wave:

·
Seeking The Truth
7,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have two... the family theme song and my personal fav

In WW2 my dad flew with VP-54 the " Black Cats" out of Guadalcanal, he was what they called a Silver Eagle, an enlisted pilot that wore silver wings instead of the gold wings of an Officer Pilot . He and his crew got shot down over Vella la Vella on a night raid and crash landed in heavy seas .. they all got to shore ( a PBY is a sea plane, but it sunk) and spent a week hiding and dodging the Japanese until they found an Australian Coast watcher who lined up some natives and canoes to eventually paddle them out to a waiting PT Boat to take them home.

The natives, when they showed up, identified themselves as friendlies by singing this Hymn

not a Hymn but close enough in my family and there is a story here as well.. by all rights "God save the Queen" would have been the Australian National Anthem in WW2, Dad wasn't fond of Royalty. so we all learned to sing

so that coast watcher would never be forgotten.
I like all of the old hymn's and the old scot-irish song too.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts