Your choice - Canadian oil or MiddleEastern Oil

Discussion in 'International Current News & Events' started by NaeKid, Sep 13, 2010.

1. NaeKid

NaeKid YourAdministrator, eh?

From this mornings CalgarySun newspaper:

You can read the rest of the article from America over a barrel | World | News | Calgary Sun and make your own decision about where you want to get your fuel to run your vehicles, heat your homes and cook your foods.

It is your money, you choose how to spend it ...

2. gypsysue

gypsysue The wanderer

I may be dumb but...

how do we know which gasoline is from Canadian oil and which from the Middle-east?

3. NaeKid

NaeKid YourAdministrator, eh?

You are not dumb because there isn't a "solid" way to tell where the fuel comes from - even the guys running the pumps wouldn't know because once the fuel reaches the processing plants, it is mixed in large vats with the chemical-baths and then shipped back out to the fueling stations.

I read a report about one gas-company in the US that pumps 20% Canadian gas, 50% US gas and the other 10% is from where-ever it is cheapest that day to keep their costs down, so it could be Mexican or Saudi fuel. Other companies will pump a mix of fuels that could be as thin as 10% mix from 10 different countries ..

I was told that here in Canada, our fuel is processed here, shipped to the USA, mixed and then shipped back to Canada for consumption, meaning that getting gas from "PetroCanada" might have some Mexican mixed in, or some Saudi mixed in, or some ... you get the idea, eh?

4. rflood

rflood Well-Known Member

Personally, I'd go with the folks who have our back, the Canucks (I'm biased as I am an Xpat). The Saudi's and anyone else, lord only knows why we deal with any of them as they can't be trusted. The Saudi's are a bunch of lazy buggers and are furthering the cause of militant Islam across the globe with mountains of money.