Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
YourAdministrator, eh?
8,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From this mornings CalgarySun newspaper:

CalgarySun said:
It's a fact of life: if Americans don't fill up their cars with Canadian gasoline, their gas is going to come from another oil-producing country. Even environmentally friendly cars like the Toyota Prius still need to get their gasoline from somewhere.

The oil sands have made democratic, peaceful Canada the number-one source of U.S. oil. But the rest of America's international oil suppliers are pretty ugly. With few exceptions, the other countries on the top ten list are the world's dictatorships, human rights abusers, and warmongers.

After Canada, Saudi Arabia is the biggest source of U.S. oil imports. Saudi Arabia is an Islamic feudal state named after the Saudi family that owns it - some seven thousand princes known for their lavish lifestyles and idleness. For those not lucky enough to be a member of the royal family, Saudi Arabia is one of the world's most repressive regimes, where the Qur'an is strictly enforced as the official constitution, where 6.4 million foreign workers are brutalized, and where political dissent is forbidden.
You can read the rest of the article from America over a barrel | World | News | Calgary Sun and make your own decision about where you want to get your fuel to run your vehicles, heat your homes and cook your foods.

It is your money, you choose how to spend it ...

·
The wanderer
4,350 Posts
I may be dumb but...

how do we know which gasoline is from Canadian oil and which from the Middle-east?

·
YourAdministrator, eh?
8,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I may be dumb but...

how do we know which gasoline is from Canadian oil and which from the Middle-east?
You are not dumb because there isn't a "solid" way to tell where the fuel comes from - even the guys running the pumps wouldn't know because once the fuel reaches the processing plants, it is mixed in large vats with the chemical-baths and then shipped back out to the fueling stations.

I read a report about one gas-company in the US that pumps 20% Canadian gas, 50% US gas and the other 10% is from where-ever it is cheapest that day to keep their costs down, so it could be Mexican or Saudi fuel. Other companies will pump a mix of fuels that could be as thin as 10% mix from 10 different countries ..

I was told that here in Canada, our fuel is processed here, shipped to the USA, mixed and then shipped back to Canada for consumption, meaning that getting gas from "PetroCanada" might have some Mexican mixed in, or some Saudi mixed in, or some ... you get the idea, eh?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Personally, I'd go with the folks who have our back, the Canucks (I'm biased as I am an Xpat). The Saudi's and anyone else, lord only knows why we deal with any of them as they can't be trusted. The Saudi's are a bunch of lazy buggers and are furthering the cause of militant Islam across the globe with mountains of money.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts