You can't buy a freezer anywhere

Discussion in 'General Preparedness Discussion' started by BillS, Apr 10, 2020.

1. BillS

BillS Well-Known Member

I read on Drudge Report that multiple meat packing facilities are closing down due to employees catching Covid 19. I thought of buying a freezer and filling it with meat but you can't buy them anymore. I checked Home Depot. They're all out of stock until at least July.

2. youngridge

youngridge Active Member

Check the FB swap and shops, usually find them in all shapes and sizes on there, picked up a second one on there last year in my area, works well, just got a quarter beef a couple weeks ago. Have a hog going in beginning of may to the local butcher. Should be set for awhile....as long as the power stays on.

3. 101airborne

101airborne Well-Known Member

Plenty here! I was at Home Depot Friday and the display floor was fully stocked. There was a couple looking at a HUGE double door upright.

4. Geeky_Gort

Geeky_Gort Newbie

I just got a small (6.5 cubic ft) upright for my apartment at Sam's Club. Very excited for it - I didn't think they made uprights for small spaces.

5. gabbyj310

gabbyj310 Not so new

I just bought the small freezer at Home Depot,They come in but even they don't know when and they don't last long!!Check every time you are close to the store..