Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Supreme Court, by 5 - 4 vote has reaffirmed Americans individual right to keep and bear arms! Perhaps there is hope after all.

·
The wanderer
4,350 Posts
Yeah, you betcha! Let's hope it keeps going that way! Long live the right to keep and bear arms!

·
I invented the internet. :rofl:
3,698 Posts
Sounds good. Of course they'll (Chicago, New York, etc.), will still try every way imaginable to keep people from owning guns. What a bunch of idiots.

Washington D.C. is going back to court again against the same guy (Heller). While it's theoretically possible to own a handgun there they've made the rules to do so so onerous most people won't even try.

Best option is still to live in a gun-friendly environment when you can.

·
Registered
38 Posts
The founding fathers would be shocked that is was 5-4 and not 9-0.

This is good news, but while gun control was necessary in dictatorships of the 20th century, it's not necessary in modern dictatorships because the real leaders are unseen and they control the money (and thus the people).

Sorry, I'm being negative today. :eek:

·
Administrator
2,248 Posts
The founding fathers would be shocked that is was 5-4 and not 9-0.

This is good news, but while gun control was necessary in dictatorships of the 20th century, it's not necessary in modern dictatorships because the real leaders are unseen and they control the money (and thus the people).

Sorry, I'm being negative today. :eek:
And the technology that would be used to ensure the freedom of the future is no where near the technology they currently posses. The only people that are helped by gun control are criminals.

·
Registered
638 Posts
It's about time, now we will see how the local city weasels try to squeeze around this one. The poor left i say a whole lot of exploding heads in DC. :D They will not quit you can bet on that. A victory for now anyway. :2thumb:

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am thrilled about the decision, but the fact that 4 voted against, and at least one -- Ginsberg -- even referenced gun control in other societies is outright disgraceful.

Our Founding Fathers were forced forced to declare their independence because of many of those very same "societies" because of the oppression they were suffering from those societies. So, why would we want to model our government after any of theirs? Those societies are responsible for the greatest calamities in the history of mankind -- communism, WWI and WWII. Yet she has the gall to reference them as a model for our government?!

Outrageous!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts