wringer washers

Discussion in 'General Preparedness Discussion' started by marlas1too, May 22, 2010.

1. marlas1too

marlas1too Well-Known Member

scored big yesterday-was at the salvage yard and the owner had just got 2 wringer washers in and had not the time to check them over so he said if i wanted them as is $50.00 so i jumped at it and with only about 2 hrs. of servicing them they still run with the original motors just needed a good grease job as soon as i get them cleaned up ill take some pics -they will be able to run off my little gen. and now ill have to put in a long cloths for drying-i think i made a good deal -you cant get better cloths clean than on a wringer as the longer you let them wash the cleaner they get

2. TimB

TimB Member

Sweet! :2thumb: Sure beats a scrub board. ;) I remember my grandmother having one. :eek:

Tim

3. Sourdough

Sourdough ExCommunicated

Wow, nice find.......wish I had one. The ones I grew-up with were electric wringer type. Does it have two rollers or three....??? They can be finger eaters.

4. marlas1too

marlas1too Well-Known Member

2 roller and they work just fine too

5. Granny

Granny New Member

Husband said his father put a gas motor on one of them for his mother years ago.

6. *Andi

*Andi Supporting Member

Very Sweet!:congrat:

Just remember the buttons on the jeans today ... well don't hold up like the ones in the past. lol :eek: Not that I would know anything about that...:rolleyes: lol

7. kyfarmer

kyfarmer Well-Known Member

Fantastic find and congrats on that one. Traded one to a brother in law last year on the condition that if let go i'd get it back. Yep found out he went straight and sold it. I'll locate another it will take a while. Glad ya made such a great find.