World Map

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by UncleJoe, Jan 14, 2010.

1. UncleJoe

UncleJoe Well-Known Member

I created a map off-site that we can add to as needed. I went back through the intro thread and picked out active members that mentioned where they were located. I have 17 of us on it so far. If you don't want to be listed, let me know. I will delete you. If you would like to be added, give me your location and I'll add you.
    The map is here.

Prepared Society - Google Maps

Ok. That didn't work.

Ok. Now it does.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2011
  2. UncleJoe

I should mention that you can zoom in then click on one of the blue placemarks and it will identify that member. Some only gave a general idea of where they are so it's not precise.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2010

3. Jason

Jason I am a little teapot

Very nice. I'm very impressed. :)

4. *Andi

*Andi Supporting Member

I agree, very nice!:congrat:

5. bunkerbob

bunkerbob Supporting Member

Also impressed, nice to put a place to a face.

6. NaeKid

NaeKid YourAdministrator, eh?

Thanks UncleJoe - I no longer live in the city anymore but on a farm .. sweet! :kiss:

7. Vertigo

Vertigo Member

8. Turtle

Turtle Well-Known Member

Hey, very cool! uncle Joe, looks like you are pretty close to me! My family used to make trips up to Ephrata to go to the Green Dragon amish market on a fairly regular basis, I think that's pretty close to you, if I remember correctly. And Jason, it looks like you are pretty close to my in-laws cabin outside of Deep Creek, MD!

9. UncleJoe

Jason was just a guess. All I knew was south of Pittsburgh.
    I'm about 50 miles SW of Ephrata. 20 miles SSW of Harrisburg.

10. Jason

Jason I am a little teapot

You're pretty colose, Joe. I'm about a mile from the Monongahela River, near the town of Monongahela. About an hour from Deep Creek. I've never been there but would like to get there camping. I have, however, been to the Green Dragon numerous times. My mom and I go to PA Dutch country every once in a while. For me the shoo fly pie alone is worth the drive.

11. UncleJoe

I put you on a farm south west of the cemetery. :)

12. ditzyjan56

ditzyjan56 Well-Known Member

Wow

:2thumb: Looks really great, nice to know I'm surrounded by others like-minded Add me to the list

13. UncleJoe

Don't have any towns to guide me so I dropped you in the middle of WV. :)

14. ditzyjan56

ditzyjan56 Well-Known Member

Sorry Unclejoe

:eek:oops:Buckhannon, WV currently getting bombarded with snow:surrender:

15. UncleJoe

There you go. Just outside of town.
    We're getting pounded with snow also. Getting ready to go plow some of it. Looks like it's going to be a long night. :rolleyes:

16. UncleJoe

I made a change on the map. I didn't realize it was public until tonight. It is now private. You can only access it if you have the URL on page 1 of this thread. If anyone has trouble accessing it, let me know, I'll change it back. :)

17. HozayBuck

HozayBuck Well-Known Member

Scares the crap outta me !! I zoomed right down to my street in Helena MT and looked at the front door where I lived till recently...damn!!... I wan't home, my truck was gone!! :wave:

They know too much!!!!!

18. UncleJoe

Thanks.
    It doesn't hold a candle to what you have contributed to this site with your writing. Thank You :congrat:

19. UncleJoe

We've had quite an influx of new members recently so I thought I'd bring this back up for them to see and be added if they like. :)