Wood heat in the shop

Discussion in 'General Preparedness Discussion' started by OldCootHillbilly, Jul 10, 2010.

Tags:
  1. OldCootHillbilly

OldCootHillbilly Reverend Coot

Got this wood furnace from my oldest boys place. Insurance company wouldn't even insure them till it was gone.

[​IMG]
    A little surface rust otherwise she be mint. Good fire brick, fan to circulate the heat an built well. Goodness knows it was heavy an a pain ta get outa his basement!

Put it out in the shop cause I like to work out there in the winter an is just way to expensive to heat with gas. Besides, we could live out there if we really needed to say if we lost the gas for a bit.

Always got a good supply a wood, however the saw just wen't caplewy so going to have to get a new one of those.

Wan't to get an outside wood burner for the house, maybe next year. Never hurts to have more then one source of heat.

2. ZoomZoom

ZoomZoom Rookie Prepper

Nice wood burner!

Just want to mention that many insurance companies don't allow wood burners in shops.

3. OldCootHillbilly

There's lots of shops round here with em, anything from barrel stoves to wood fired boilers.

I know what yer saying, they don't "like" my 500 gallon fuel tank, they don't "like" my smokers in the shop as well as the don't "like" my wood furnace either, but never have refused to insure the place.

It's well installed an the only time it's in use is if I'm in the shop. I beleive it to be a minimal hazard. Used wood on an off for years, so have a fair amount of experience with it. This one is well built, the outside a the cabinet never gets so warm that you can't touch it. The blower is a nice bonus because it sure circulates that warm air round alot.

4. bunkerbob

bunkerbob Supporting Member

But are yours camouflaged...

Attached Files:

5. OldCootHillbilly

Not yet! When I paint it this summer was thinkin bout makin it look like a refrigerator!:D