Prepared Society Forum banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Seeking The Truth
7,938 Posts
Thank you,

We sure are happy with each other..

She was a drop dead gorgeous girl when we married , and in my eyes she is even more gorgeous today.

You will rarely ever see one of us without the other. We don't do anything alone.

Jim
That makes for two happy campers. If one is not happy none is. I married a frog but since I was a princess he thought he was turned into a prince. So " not as attractive " is not in stone. The biggest whorehopper on the planet or at least in the race. 3 kids later I got enough and left. Mama called us Beauty and The Beast, she hated his ways. even my freinds thought he was a bad match,but he had a good personality. 1967 was a bad year to be married. Hippy everywhere.

·
Winston Smith Sent Me
4,996 Posts
Does this mean I should gain all my weight back to make my wife happy?

·
Seeking The Truth
7,938 Posts
Does this mean I should gain all my weight back to make my wife happy?
No! The study is seriously flawed. :D It is in the character not the looks. If you marry a Deliah or King David [before his correction] you will pay the piper big time and to certain extent for life if kids are involved.:eek:

·
Seeking The Truth
7,938 Posts
I'm not buying all these marriages here made in heaven though. After 3 tries of marrital bliss I drastically improved my relationship,but it still ain't perfect close far as it goes but not like these fairy tales I'm getting from yall. :confused: ;)

·
Registered
10,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
My boss says the same thing as he regales me with stories about the nonstop trainwreck that is his wife / marriage. Every tale of woe is another example of how selfishness and lack of properly prioritizing your spouse over work, children, hobbies, etc. create barriers to happiness. They are less in a marriage and more in a competitive partnership of convenience. I feel for them, but these are the choices they make.

I don't have to wonder about fairytale marriages, I am living in one. It takes a lot of work by both of us, all day everyday, but the payoff is amazing. Not only for us but for our children and their future spouses too. I know because my parents set the same example for me. Not a day goes by that I don't get a text or a call from her telling me that she is thinking about me. I send her random notes reminding her that she is still my everything. We end everyday together and we start everyday together. We sit together at the dinner table, in the living room, at events and at church. We hold hands when we are in public and we hug each other every single time we come back together after being apart. Neither of us pass on an opportunity to bless the other. We go out on dates often and make each other our highest priority. Our worst day together is better than the best day could be apart. That's not a fairytale, it's our life together.

Reactions: FrankW

·
Banned
2,601 Posts
I feel sorry for the Husband/Wife who points out their Mates Flaws, not realizing that there are Three Fingers pointing back at them.

·
Seeking The Truth
7,938 Posts
My boss says the same thing as he regales me with stories about the nonstop trainwreck that is his wife / marriage. Every tale of woe is another example of how selfishness and lack of properly prioritizing your spouse over work, children, hobbies, etc. create barriers to happiness. They are less in a marriage and more in a competitive partnership of convenience. I feel for them, but these are the choices they make.

I don't have to wonder about fairytale marriages, I am living in one. It takes a lot of work by both of us, all day everyday, but the payoff is amazing. Not only for us but for our children and their future spouses too. I know because my parents set the same example for me. Not a day goes by that I don't get a text or a call from her telling me that she is thinking about me. I send her random notes reminding her that she is still my everything. We end everyday together and we start everyday together. We sit together at the dinner table, in the living room, at events and at church. We hold hands when we are in public and we hug each other every single time we come back together after being apart. Neither of us pass on an opportunity to bless the other. We go out on dates often and make each other our highest priority. Our worst day together is better than the best day could be apart. That's not a fairytale, it's our life together.
Well that is good you must be a good match. I'm glad for you. I once heard if you care more about pleasing your spouse they will usually want to return the favor. Not in all cases though. :wave:

·
Registered
10,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
We follow a system of love and respect. I love her, she respects me and we both get what we want / need. We also work diligently to rise above natural pettiness, which is not easy, and to be tolerant of each other when one of us falls short. As long as one of us is willing and able to stay off the crazy train we both are. I can't even remember the last time we both climbed aboard, has to be well over a decade ago. Marriage is not a part time job nor is it a full time job, it is a 24/7 commitment to your soulmate that should rise above everything else except your faith (which enhances your marriage even more).

·
Seeking The Truth
7,938 Posts
We follow a system of love and respect. I love her, she respects me and we both get what we want / need. We also work diligently to rise above natural pettiness, which is not easy, and to be tolerant of each other when one of us falls short. As long as one of us is willing and able to stay off the crazy train we both are. I can't even remember the last time we both climbed aboard, has to be well over a decade ago. Marriage is not a part time job nor is it a full time job, it is a 24/7 commitment to your soulmate that should rise above everything else except your faith (which enhances your marriage even more).
A full time job it is. And some don't want to put in their time to make it work. It takes two to make it work and only one sometimes to destroy it. Some of my friends who married when I did are still together 52 yr.s later.

·
Winston Smith Sent Me
4,996 Posts
I'm not buying all these marriages here made in heaven though. After 3 tries of marrital bliss I drastically improved my relationship,but it still ain't perfect close far as it goes but not like these fairy tales I'm getting from yall. :confused: ;)
My first marriage was certainly not the bliss I enjoy now. Fortunately, I learned enough from it to treat my beautiful wife in the way she deserves allowing me to enjoy a truly wonderful marriage. Also helps I found myself a true angel willing to put up with the likes of me :) I know how lucky I am and dont allow myself to forget it or take it for granted.

·
Banned
399 Posts
My first marriage was certainly not the bliss I enjoy now. Fortunately, I learned enough from it to treat my beautiful wife in the way she deserves allowing me to enjoy a truly wonderful marriage. Also helps I found myself a true angel willing to put up with the likes of me :) I know how lucky I am and dont allow myself to forget it or take it for granted.
You are a very lucky man. Women like that are not easy to find.

·
Registered
10,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
It's amazing how being the man she needs will help her be the woman you need (and vice versa). A good marriage is deeply symbiotic.

·
Banned
687 Posts
Love and respect are huge. A woman was created by God with a need for love and a man with a need for respect. We've been married almost 40 years now, the earlier years would have been way easier if we had known the truth of love and respect. I wouldn't trade any of those years for anything but you can bet there are a lot of things I would have said/done/thought differently had I understood earlier.

·
Registered
10,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Love and respect are huge. A woman was created by God with a need for love and a man with a need for respect. We've been married almost 40 years now, the earlier years would have been way easier if we had known the truth of love and respect. I wouldn't trade any of those years for anything but you can bet there are a lot of things I would have said/done/thought differently had I understood earlier.
When my wife and I were engaged and looking for a new church home (we came from different christian backgrounds) we found a church we both liked. We were married and began attending weekly services. A few months later they happened to be having a 3 day "Love & Respect" conference that we attended. It was incredible and provided us so much insight and knowledge that over the years we went to it again and again at other venues. And now we present the same program ourselves to others.

Every young couple should attend it before getting married. As well as many couples who have fallen into complacency.

Reactions: crabapple

·
Seeking The Truth
7,938 Posts
I'm glad for you CB. Some people are blessed with good spouse's. I have a good one too. Not perfect but neither am I but a good man and great step father to our kids. They don't consider their biological father their father. They consider hubby their father.

One time he was here and my son called from ship [Navy] to wish hubby Happy Fathers Day. Bio father answered the phone cause hubby was busy. He said he called to wish hubby happy fahers day, look on bio fathers face was telling.

Now bio father is dying of cancer and none will visit or call. We told them they should forgive and call or visit. Son did visit once but daughters wouldn't even call. I wish they would for their own sake. I kid and call him SOS but have forgiven him and it feels good not to hate.

·
Seeking The Truth
7,938 Posts
When my wife and I were engaged and looking for a new church home (we came from different christian backgrounds) we found a church we both liked. We were married and began attending weekly services. A few months later they happened to be having a 3 day "Love & Respect" conference that we attended. It was incredible and provided us so much insight and knowledge that over the years we went to it again and again at other venues. And now we present the same program ourselves to others.

Every young couple should attend it before getting married. As well as many couples who have fallen into complacency.
A family that prays together stays together.:) Very good advice.

·
Seeking The Truth
7,938 Posts
You are a very lucky man. Women like that are not easy to find.
Very true nor are good men,but they are out there. Just few and far in-between. Maybe seek one in a good church. Although even there some are not what they seem. But better chance than most places for sure.:wave:

To paraphrase Ghandi " be the change you want to see in the world".'be the change you want to see in a woman'. :wave:

21 - 40 of 42 Posts