Prepared Society Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Old Member
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen a bunch on tv lately in regards to Israel possibly attacking Iran sooner than later. I was wondering if anyone here thinks they will and what will happen in our country as a result? Also, does ayone think the U.S. will (or should) help Israel in an attack? I am hoping that they do not attack because I think that could trigger a huge S.H.T.F situation, but at the same time I don't think Israel will risk Iran melting their country. John Bolton says he puts the odds at 50/50 that Israel will attack by the end of this year. That is not long off at all. Just looking for opinions.

·
Seeking The Truth
7,938 Posts
Seems it will happen,not sure when. Don't think nukes will be involved since they could affect israel with fallout.

I think this thread belongs in politicle or news forum though.

·
19 Posts
It looks like the UN vote on Palestinian statehood is to take place Sept 23. This is the beginning of the craziness against Israel. Iran is in a whole other league of craziness. The ruler over there has sworn to wipe Israel of the map, calling them the little Satan and the U.S. the big Satan. The dude believes that by causing mass death and carnage, that this is going to hasten the return of the Mahdi, which is their god. All I have to say is it's going to get ugly. Israel is God's chosen people, and if you research the 6 day war, Israel kicked butt and took names. The enemy reported seeing HUGE beings standing on Israel's side, and they turned and ran, trip out on that. We are in for a crap load of trouble if we continue to turn our backs on Israel like this administration has been doing lately. I'm getting off my soapbox now. :)

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
I wonder if Iran will attack Israel along with a number of other nations. I expect the prophesy from Ezekiel 38 to be fulfilled before the Rapture. Based on the things that look like they're about to happen, I expect the Rapture to be soon too.

(Ezek 38:8-9 NIV) After many days you will be called to arms. In future years you will invade a land that has recovered from war, whose people were gathered from many nations to the mountains of Israel, which had long been desolate. They had been brought out from the nations, and now all of them live in safety. {9} You and all your troops and the many nations with you will go up, advancing like a storm; you will be like a cloud covering the land.

(Ezek 38:21-23 NIV) I will summon a sword against Gog on all my mountains, declares the Sovereign LORD. Every man's sword will be against his brother. {22} I will execute judgment upon him with plague and bloodshed; I will pour down torrents of rain, hailstones and burning sulfur on him and on his troops and on the many nations with him. {23} And so I will show my greatness and my holiness, and I will make myself known in the sight of many nations. Then they will know that I am the LORD.'

·
Seeking The Truth
7,938 Posts
From what I understand ,Israel will be destroyed,only a remnant will be left of them.
Israel will be chastened because they have left God.israel is a very liberal ,secular nation now.Most jews there are apostates.
The invading arabs and other nations will also be destroyed ,from what i read and understand.
Some of the predictions about the end have already come to pass.
The time of rapture is still questionable according to who interprets it. I think it will happen after all the trubulations,not before.

·
Just getting started. Always.
1,810 Posts
I'll stay away from the religious discussion about this, and if thats the way this goes (I'm not saying it should or shouldnt) it should be moved to the religion section.

Without US and the rest of the West backing Israel, it would crumble in a few years or less as it would be overtaken by its neighbors. If thats our business, and in our best interests, and worth us borrowing billions from the Chinese to fund Israel, and at least theoretically sending troops to fight (and die) for them is the real question.

This sounds too much like the rumblings leading up to Iraq. Oh, they might be developing weapons to attack us or Israel, so we better invade. I would prefer us not to act this way, but I think theres a lot of people who would say we should back them no matter what, and provide whatever aid they may need regardless of the costs involved. I would assume its the same people who support our own war efforts, no matter the reasons behind them. Which as far as I can tell have nothing to do with defending our country.

·
Seeking The Truth
7,938 Posts
I'll stay away from the religious discussion about this, and if thats the way this goes (I'm not saying it should or shouldnt) it should be moved to the religion section.

Without US and the rest of the West backing Israel, it would crumble in a few years or less as it would be overtaken by its neighbors. If thats our business, and in our best interests, and worth us borrowing billions from the Chinese to fund Israel, and at least theoretically sending troops to fight (and die) for them is the real question.

This sounds too much like the rumblings leading up to Iraq. Oh, they might be developing weapons to attack us or Israel, so we better invade. I would prefer us not to act this way, but I think theres a lot of people who would say we should back them no matter what, and provide whatever aid they may need regardless of the costs involved. I would assume its the same people who support our own war efforts, no matter the reasons behind them. Which as far as I can tell have nothing to do with defending our country.
I somewhat agree although probably for different reasons.
We were warned by Gen.Eisenhower about the military complex,well this past several decades it seems we did'nt believe him.
We have lost many of the best of this nation in politicle wars.Great strong brave young men who were decieved into joining.Also there are soem who joined for other reasons,but still don't deserve this deception.
Israel was our only ally in the middle east until we turned on them for radical islam.Forced to make bad decisions with radicals it has gotten iself surrounded.
Many blame the jews for all the worlds problems,but their ae secret societies who exist that are more diverse.Ron Paul has convinced many israel is the problem,but I think its bigger than that.
I see the roman empire reforming that will turn on israle as they did in the past. Led by the army of muslims its building up now.I may be wrong,but I see no other reasons for all these nations being handed over to radical islam on a silver platter from western bombs and missels.

·
Registered
209 Posts
It won't be as easy this time for Israel. Iran has bunkered deep in their mountains the nuclear facilities feared by the West. If Israel convinces itself it's destruction is imminent, they are reported to have quite a few nuclear weapons, and in that case, I'll bet they launch. Tehran, and Jerusalem could end up completely destroyed, or more.

I hope it doesn't get to that.

I really have grave feelings about the future. I can even see Iran smuggling something into the States, whether it's a dirty one or not, and setting it off.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I do not know with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."
-Albert Einstein

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Just something to keep in mind............

Washington DC and many other US cities are less than 16 minutes from total destruction from sub-launched, nuke-tipped missiles. Iran already has Russian made subs. Supposedly, they have not yet acquired or developed those missiles. The keys words here are "not yet".

Referring to the EPM discussions on this forum, a more powerful missile launched from one of their subs could cripple US for decades -- perhaps even destroy America as we know it. FYI -- ObaMao and Congress essentially scrapped our missile defense program. Does is make anyone sleep better knowing that America is vulnerable to total destruction from any two bit bannana republic with enough money to buy a Russian or Chinese sub armed with a few missiles?

A US presence in the Middle East and Far East gives us critical intelligence bases and also bases from which to launch pre-emptive or retalitiatory strikes. Our very presence in those regions serves as a deterrent.

We live in a very, very small world. Many Americans thought our nation could exist by "minding our own business" in the 30s and early into 1940. December 7, 1941, proved them very wrong at the cost of a horrrendous amount of American blood.

We Americans never seem to learn the lessons from history.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Israel has anywhere from 75 - 400 nuclear weapons. Ahmadinejad has said publicly that Israel has to be destroyed prior to the arrival of the 12th imam. From what he's said he's willing to have Iran destroyed to bring this about.

What is the 12th Imam - How the Mahdi Plays Into Relations With Iran Today

A series of imams was appointed to carry on the Prophet Muhammad's message, they believe, ranking above all other prophets except for Muhammad himself. The 12th, Muhammad al-Mahdi, is believed by these Shiites to have been born in present-day Iraq in 869 and never to have died, only gone into hiding. Twelvers -- not other Shiites or Sunni Muslims -- believe that al-Mahdi will return as a messiah with Jesus to bring peace to the world and establish Islam as the ruling faith across the globe.

·
19 Posts
Very interesting discussion from all. I have my own beliefs but I am never outside of hearing another point of view and trying to figure out how it all could play out. Either way, we are all on here for the same reason and trying to encourage each other in our cause. I like to hear the different points of view, political, religious, practical. Good stuff guys!

·
Aesops Ant (not Aunt)
1,499 Posts
I dont think the US should act against Iran in any sort of war like we did against Iraq, Afganistan, and Lybia (and so many other places around the world) unless two pieces of criteria have been established:

1. It is in our national security interests or absolutely vital to the interests of Isreal (as if they cant take care of themselves).

2. We go into battle determined to utterly pulverize the earth beneath the feet of the Iranians and without undue regard for civilian casualties.

We cannot tip-toe into battle as we have for the last 50+ years. We must go into battle determined to win in the shortest timespan possible. All options must be on the table from the start (yes, nukes too if it makes military sense (i dont give a flip about political sense)). I want a military run by the military given power by the representatives of the people -- not a military arm of the political machine.

You cannot separate spirituality from any discussion in the mind of a Christian. If you try then the Christian will have to start all topics under the "religion" category.

·
Seeking The Truth
7,938 Posts
I dont think the US should act against Iran in any sort of war like we did against Iraq, Afganistan, and Lybia (and so many other places around the world) unless two pieces of criteria have been established:

1. It is in our national security interests or absolutely vital to the interests of Isreal (as if they cant take care of themselves).

2. We go into battle determined to utterly pulverize the earth beneath the feet of the Iranians and without undue regard for civilian casualties.

We cannot tip-toe into battle as we have for the last 50+ years. We must go into battle determined to win in the shortest timespan possible. All options must be on the table from the start (yes, nukes too if it makes military sense (i dont give a flip about political sense)). I want a military run by the military given power by the representatives of the people -- not a military arm of the political machine.

You cannot separate spirituality from any discussion in the mind of a Christian. If you try then the Christian will have to start all topics under the "religion" category.
LOL,"under the religious catagory".
We will soon be joining those against Israel. Indirectly we already are.
Don't look now but we are settign up the beast .

·
The Tech
18 Posts
Israels ultimate goal is to prevent the Iranians from having nuclear grade uranium.Other than that they have no reason to attack.
The virus that is embedded in their nuclear facility network still runs I believe because Iran has not started up these centrifuges since. In fact besides the Stuxnet virus they now have another called stars running amok.
hopefully these games will go on forever and keep the israelis amused and content and no war for nukes needed.
As for supporting the jews to the end, why not. We only share the most highest secrets with them and britain, and they with us.

·
Old Member
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Did Iran's nuclear plant just go online yesterday? Won't they be able to enrich what is left over from the fuel from that reactor that is capable of poisoning Israel or anyplace else for hundreds of years?

·
Seeking The Truth
7,938 Posts
Did Iran's nuclear plant just go online yesterday? Won't they be able to enrich what is left over from the fuel from that reactor that is capable of poisoning Israel or anyplace else for hundreds of years?
Thats like throwing a boomerrang,it comes back to you .Nuking your neighbors is not a good idea,its a lose ,lose situation.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Let's get down to facts, and skipp all the religious bull crap, anything that Iran has related to their nucleat facilities are to wildly disperse all over Iran and to deep for only one assort of planes to do any good.....only with bombs that can go very, very, deep will any good be done..........but.........Iran is not Syria, Iran has teeth and is able to bite back........if not with nukes at least with quemicals and other goodies.

The state of Israel is to chicken shit to do it alone and without the blessings of Uncle Sugar.....if they were to use nukes then China and Russia would also jump into the foray against the Zionist state..........of course those in the Israeli fifth colum serving in OUR congres would make sure to implicate the US in this Israeli mistake.

The US (mano a mano) don't have the men or weapons to do anything on the ground and would have no choice but to use missiles, missiles and more missiles and this would make China and Russia pay us back by sending their goodies into out land.

Only when we find a final solution to the state of Israel, and do something about it, will we find a temporay peace in the world.......at this time we have many enemies who are sitting on the side line just waiting to jump in at the right time...........Japan is one, as is Venezuela and Cuba and many other countries.............the fact alone that 140 nations are in favor of a Palestinian state (going against the wished of the US) shows how many are against us.

Please pardon my English but this language is my third one.

There is no longer any need to worry about what will happen in the world and it is time for you to consentrate in your preps for what is to come because what is to come will last for generations.

Be ready now and you won't be sorry tomorrow for tomorrow it might be to late for you to do any preps.

·
Just getting started. Always.
1,810 Posts
Only when we find a final solution to the state of Israel
I understand that English isnt your first language, but thats an extremely poor choice of words, to say the least. Please tell me that that is not the phrase you meant to use.

·
Aesops Ant (not Aunt)
1,499 Posts
I understand that English isnt your first language, but thats an extremely poor choice of words, to say the least. Please tell me that that is not the phrase you meant to use.
I thought the same exact thing.

Ponce I usually find your comments very interesting if not informative but I think you are incorrect on your assumptions. The Isreali military may be the best trained second only to our own (no proof on my part just that I know they are some bad a$$e$ for sure). There may not be the political will to wage a war with Iran but if their futures depend upon it I wouldnt want to be between the two. I think Isreal can take care of itself for the most part and will do so if provoked. I also think that the US could and should support Isreal if it was in our mutual interest (which it most likely would be) and if we had the balls to send Iran back in time a couple thousand years (this remains doubtful).

Ponce, be careful what you say and how you say it. It sounded very much like you were gonna start calling for gas chambers in your next breath. Sensitive subject to be certain. I look forward to your posts in the future.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.