Why the usa economy will fail in 2010

Discussion in 'Politics' started by watchman220, Jan 25, 2010.

1. watchman220

watchman220 ExCommunicated

Solid predictions come true in 2009. More predictions to come true in 2010. It is simply a matter of time before economic meltdown.

Doug McIntosh explains THE HOW AND WHY. Based on the basics of economic reports...this is short and to the point...and easy read. You should check it out.

WHY THE USA ECONOMY WILL FAIL IN 2010

2. pdx210

pdx210 Well-Known Member

i can't tell you when it's going to happen i though in 2003 -04 it didn't

3. kyfarmer

kyfarmer Well-Known Member

The world is scared crapless of the dollar dumping. It will mean bad thing's for them as well as us. A heck of a lot of foreign investment in this country and if those stinking out sourced cheap labor factories stop. They will lose the $5 a day they live on and their masses will not be happy. If it last's another 2 year's i,d be very surprised. :dunno:

4. Vertigo

Vertigo Member

Of course we are scared ****less of a failing dollar. The only reason we europeans have been living in relative comfort and peace for the past 60 years, is because of the US carrying a big stick. Without a strong dollar, say bye bye to you deterring capabilities and us europeans are suddenly in a world of hurt...

V.

5. Turtle

Turtle Well-Known Member

There was actually an article in The Washington Post yesterday about how China holds so much US currency in their reserves, but they would never dump it because it would destabilize the world scene, not just the U.S.

6. Vertigo

Vertigo Member

yeah, it's pretty much between a rock and a hard place for them. If they decide to sell their dollars, by the time they sold 1% of it, the rest will be worthless. On the other hand, while they are holding on to it, they are also seeing the value going down.

On another note, they cannot really allow their biggest customer to go bankrupt now can they :)

V.

7. sailaway

sailaway Well-Known Member

I feel that China should float their currency, but since they wont, we should devalue ours. I have several fixed rate mortgages that I would just love to pay off with cheap $s!:D We just announced the laying off of 23 police, fire and other employees to balance our cities budget. It is a sad week this week. I am a commissioner on our city council and getting a first hand look at how our system is being erroded. Since the tax base is all but gone, you cannot have all the services a city of 28,000 has come to expect. There are also empty houses everywhere around here. You can buy a home around here for less than $10,000.00. Of coarse there are no jobs to make the payment either. Since our manufacturing base went away it is only logical that our construction industry die also. Every community I know of wants to develope their tourist industry or build high priced condos for millionaires, give me a break!!!:gaah::surrender:

8. NaeKid

NaeKid YourAdministrator, eh?

A home for less than $10,000?? I paid more than that for my tent-trailer! :gaah:

9. Vertigo

Vertigo Member

I actually studied that to some extent in class. It makes a lot of sense for them to keep their currency as low as possible, if not they would lose too much of their competitive edge and their economy would not be able to grow as fast as it is now. From their perspective, although the people in the street have less access to imports, it is the fast track to being a fully developed superpower. Not very nice for the rest of the world, but it was to be expected.

yeah, that's just a dream around here as well. A typical three bedroom house around here, goes from 300.000 euro to about 600.000 euro. And that's without a garden or anything.

V.

10. Turtle

Turtle Well-Known Member

Yeah, that was exactly what this article said; it seems that China has been keeping the value of their . . . what the hell ever their monopoly money is called . . . currency . . . artificially low for years simply to remain a player on the world scene.

11. Turtle

Turtle Well-Known Member

The housing market in rural Ohio is very low, for exactly the reason mentioned: there are tons of houses available but no jobs available to pay for said houses. People cannot find a job, they move away, and suddenly there are more empty houses. Pretty sure that Ohio and Michigan rank #49 and #50, respectively, for the worst housing markets.

When I was living there, I had a bartender who worked for me whose day job was a real estate agent. I used to bring her real estaste magazines from Maryland and she couldn't believe the price differences. My house in Findlay, Ohio was around $180,000 and a comparable house in Anne Arundel County, Maryland would easily go for $400,00 or more.

To be fair, however, when I was in SW Virginia, prices weren't much better. The house we rented down there was only $750/month for a beautiful house in a great neighborhood on the side of a mountain with an unbelievable view. A comparable house up here would be $3,500/month, easily. It really just comes down to rural houses costing much less.

This is also a HUGE reason why we are trying to buy land at least an hour or two away from our current location. You can simply get a WHOLE lot more bang for your buck away from urban centers. Unfortunately, this also means that you have to drive at least an hour to find a decent job.

12. kyfarmer

kyfarmer Well-Known Member

In the sticks of old Kentuck a 50x100 ft. lot can go from 5,000 up to 15,000 yep they are full of it here. All because they base the land values on the coal economy here. Every time a pay raise in the coal jobs was got. A loaf of bread and a gal. milk went up and the price of everything else followed. Well not near as many coal jobs as they use to be, but the prices keep going up anyway. Soon if the present bunch gets its way. This whole area of the state will be like a ghost town, yours and everyone's electric will sky rocket. No jobs who is going to pay the taxes to keep this train wreck going. I do believe they full well know what they are doing to us and count on it all crashing down around us. :mad:

13. NaeKid

... and then the powers-that-be move in, condem whole towns, destroy everything in sight because it is a "safety hazzard", and then leave those areas untouched for a little while, then declare it a "historical site" and then put up fences and signs stating that those tresspassing will be prosecuted ...

It kind of reminds me of the story about the area in California known as Rubicon Springs.

14. TechAdmin

TechAdmin Administrator Staff Member

Looked up Rubicon Springs and couldn't find anything Vance. Link?

15. NaeKid

Rubicon Springs: Rubicon Springs, California - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Rubicon Springs is a former settlement in El Dorado County, California. It lay at an elevation of 6165 feet (1879 m). It still appeared on maps as of 1940. The natural springs were harnessed for a resort by the 1860s. By 1909, a hotel and summer cottages had been erected. The road to Rubicon Springs is now a trail that Jeep has named its most famous off-road enhanced model after.

JeepForum.com - Rubicon Trail needs your help

Pirate4x4.Com - Save the Rubicon trails

JeepForum.com - More info from NORA

The more that the bleeding heart-do-gooders try to close off the back-country and areas, the fewer places that we, as preppers, have to Bug-Out to ..

Closures like this have been happening quietly with only a few people ever finding about them. One group that is really trying hard to close things up is the Y2Y group. In the US, their website describes that they just want to turn a very small zone into wilderness. Their Canadian version of the site describes closure from Yellowstone to Yukon through the Canadian rockies. Another group, in their US site is trying to close off areas where wolves live - well, just in the US. Their Canadian counterpart shows the areas in the US plus hundreds of thousands of acres in Canada that would be closed to all humanity.

Each of these groups have lots of money that they have no problems using to grease the pockets of politicians in order to create their inaccessable zones ..

I get much of my information about these groups through local / regional hunting, fishing and backcountry groups and magazines / publications. Some of the information is even posted on state, provincial and federal government sites that only people with amazing google-fu would be able to locate. The information on the government sites is normally burried so deep that average surfing-skills will never uncover the relevant information.

16. sailaway

sailaway Well-Known Member

Naekid, They need a little work,
    . Naekid, they need a little work, and you may not like your neighbors, but they are still a good deal.

17. ampastor69

ampastor69 New Member

china selling bonds n glorious leader screwing w them

imposes tarriffs on china tires,tells them about treatment of thier ciizens,gonna sell arms to taiwan, gonna host dali lama, Japan is now our largest dept holder not China, FUNNY 2 weeks ago china was. GREECE percentage of dept to gdp is 17% ours is 15% boy were nothing like them, REMEMBER OUR KING SAYS WERE BACK FROM THE ABYSS. YEA>

18. Ponce

Ponce Well-Known Member

About the US economy.......I'll keep it as simple as I can........

"No Export = No Recovery"... Ponce

Is not what we produce and consume internally but what produce and export in order to bring in some outside money....