Why some of us will never get along...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by SurviveNthrive, Dec 20, 2010.

1. SurviveNthrive

SurviveNthrive a dude

Several years ago we had a nice Marina, owned by a friendly Chinese-American named Paul Wang. If a child came by and wanted to fish, he lent him or he a fishing pole and gave the child some bait. If you spoke to this man, he'd put things aside and he'd talk to you. He was in business for the love of it and for his love of dealing with people.

Two animals attacked him. At the time, we heard that they were among the children he lent poles to. They stole candy bars and ate them while Paul bled to death and they stepped over his body with their loot. This case outraged our local community.

We're supposed to get along, but here we have the NAACP and top religious leaders of the African-American spiritual community fighting to free these monsters...who savagely killed an Asian American. One might figure that lives were saved by locking up these killers. Freeing them as still young men will void justice and allow their actions to continue.

A person might be inclined to believe that the NAACP would rather help brutal, remoseless African-American killers than support justice, and if so, they're detrimental to society and cultural progression.

Clemency rejected for 2 who killed Steilacoom marina owner as teens

Two Pierce County men convicted in the gruesome slaying of a Steilacoom marina owner in 1988 were refused clemency Thursday by the Washington State Clemency and Pardons Board.

ROB CARSON; Staff writer
    Published: 12/17/10 6:22 am | Updated: 12/16/10 9:33 pm

Two Pierce County men convicted in the gruesome slaying of a Steilacoom marina owner in 1988 were refused clemency Thursday by the Washington State Clemency and Pardons Board.

Michael Harris and Barry Massey, who were 15 and 13 at the time of the killing, both were convicted of aggravated first-degree murder for killing Paul Wang, a popular Steilacoom businessman. They shot him twice and stabbed him several times during a robbery.

Despite their ages, both were tried as adults and and given life sentences without possibility of parole.

The Clemency Board rejected Harris’ petition with little discussion, voting unanimously after just two hours of testimony.

Massey’s case, which has attracted national attention because of his age when sentenced, took 5½ hours to resolve and was narrowly rejected on a 3-2 vote of the board.

Massey’s supporters, who packed the hearing room and included the NAACP and top religious leaders in the African-American community, portrayed Massey as an impressionable child who did not realize what he was doing.

Pierce County Deputy Prosecutor John Sheeran passionately urged the board to deny clemency in both cases, in part because of what he said would be the effect on the people of Pierce County.

“The town of Steilacoom remembers this crime to this day,” Sheeran said. “This is not a case where we look at it and say, ‘Two wayward boys made a mistake a long time ago.’ This case ripped the heart out of the community.”

In Massey’s case, the Clemency Board essentially reversed a decision it made four years ago.

In October 2006, the board voted 4-1 to recommend that Gov. Chris Gregoire change Massey’s sentence of life without parole to a sentence of 25 years, which would have put him out this year.

Gregoire didn’t take that advice and denied the clemency in March 2007.

Board member John Turner cast the only no vote in 2006, and Thursday he voted to deny clemency again, this time joined by board members Raul Almeida and Cheryl Terry.

Turner and Almeida said they were swayed by what they believed was Massey’s lack of judgment in having a sexual relationship with a corrections officer, a woman he later married.

“It troubles me that this relationship happened,” Almeida said.

Board Chairwoman Margaret Smith and member Amanda Lee, who was not on the board in 2006, favored clemency.

“I don’t think a board that approved this last time would be swayed by the fact that he engaged in the most basic and positive human endeavor – loving another human being,” Lee said.

The board’s recommendation now goes to Gregoire, who can accept or reject it.

Rob Carson: 253-597-8693 [email protected]

Read more: Clemency rejected for 2 who killed Steilacoom marina owner as teens | Crime News - The News Tribune

2. OldCootHillbilly

OldCootHillbilly Reverend Coot

“I don’t think a board that approved this last time would be swayed by the fact that he engaged in the most basic and positive human endeavor – loving another human being,” Lee said.

Where was that love in 1988 when they shot an stabbed that feller? I don't think his kind could ever love anybody er anything. Best ta despose of trash like that. I doubt there be any savin them. Religous leaders an the NAACP have long lost focous on what there positions be.

3. The_Blob

The_Blob performing monkey

somebody REALLY needs to explain to that libtard that fulfilling base carnal desires is NOT "love" :gaah:

4. NaeKid

NaeKid YourAdministrator, eh?

What I get from that article is that there are two people behind bars, have been for about 22 years and are now 35 and 37 years old. They have been behind bars longer than they have been out in public.

Does anyone honestly think that they could become honorable members of society after all the lessons they have learned in jail? Personally, I think that each of them should be executed on their 40th birthday ... but what do I know, I am just an outsider lookin' in ..

5. The_Blob

The_Blob performing monkey

let's make Antarctica a privatized Global Penal Colony for violent offenders

6. HozayBuck

HozayBuck Well-Known Member

But I like the Arctic idea too except it would cost a fortune to keep it barely livable..

how about the middle of oh say death valley.. tools to work the earth and grow food... grow it or starve....

7. horseman09

horseman09 Well-Known Member

Well now, we don't wanna trash up the pristine ice or the desert -- let's ship them to France! :)

8. Calebra

Calebra Well-Known Member

A bullet in the back of the head for each of them. Another for everyone who defends them--by defending what they did a person approves their actions.
    And I don't really care what they are .This naacp bullcrap is pure evil--that organization is pretty much the same as white arian brotherhood to me. As a matter of fact they are exactly the same--just better pr.
    On one hand they whine about racism and at the same time want special treatment because of their race.

9. SurviveNthrive

SurviveNthrive a dude

I'd like to see their ardent supporters also placed in confinement. They're the ones that enabled and created these monsters in the case of the family. I believe one family is a bit more honorable than the other and kicked their little beast to the side or some of them have.

10. goshengirl

goshengirl Supporting Member

oh please

that lack of responsibility crap ticks me off every time...

11. Bigdog57

Bigdog57 Adventurer at large

Two 'human' monsters born and raised into a 'society' bereft of basic mores and laws, and with no regard for human life. Why waste money supporting them, or wasting good ammo. A couple stout ropes, and an unmarked grave is all they deserve. :mad:

12. kyfarmer

kyfarmer Well-Known Member

I much approve of the hemp highway for those two. I,am sick and tired of the libtards sopping about some, human pile of crap, period. Yep let them loose but make them live with those who are trying to put them out on to the public. That would change their minds very fast. Not in my neighborhood would be their cry. :mad: