WHY do member Profile's not show up for me.......????

Discussion in 'Website Comments and Suggestions' started by Sourdough, May 23, 2010.

1. Sourdough

Sourdough ExCommunicated

Is it because I am a forum New-bee, or some other reason....? If I click on a members name all I get is a message box, and no profile. Why????

2. gypsysue

gypsysue The wanderer

Well...I thought I had the answer but I tried it too and got the same result. Maybe that's all it shows? Someone else will have to answer that one!

Last edited: May 23, 2010

3. UncleJoe

UncleJoe Well-Known Member

When I click on your name ( actually both of you) a box drops down with options. I clicked on "view public profile" and it took me to your profile page page. It's worked that way for as long as I've been here. :scratch

4. Sourdough

Sourdough ExCommunicated

Uncle Joe I just clicked on your forum name and then clicked on "Member Profile" and all I got was a Visitor Message Box.

5. UncleJoe

On the right side there are several "boxes". Mini stats, friends, albums, groups and recent visitors. I saw you were there in the recent visitors box. If your monitor isn't wide enough or not configured to display the entire page, you may need to scroll over. One of the computers I use is like that. If that's not the problem, :dunno:

6. *Andi

*Andi Supporting Member

Coool... I have had 324 visits ... :scratch is that good or bad ... lol... I can hear it now ... Who is this crazy person.:D lol

7. Sourdough

Sourdough ExCommunicated

No that did not work, I see what your talking about and that is not it. On most forums above the visitor message box, are several (Maybe 5 or 6) Tabs one of which is titled "About Me" which would give a short Bio. what you do for a living, where you live roughly, Hobbies, etc. all stuff that is on your "EDIT DETAILS" under your user control Panel.

It is how I would learn about someone before I responded to there question. Am I talking to a 11 year old girl, or a 74 year old farmer. For example if I asked about sleeping bags, before you answered me, you might check and know what my skill set is.........So before you said they have a rating for comfort range ( which might be an appropriate response to a 11 year old city girl, would not be the response you would give to a retired Alaskan Guide. So before I respond I like to know something about you. Some people want to be elusive, and that is cool.

Last edited: May 23, 2010
  8. UncleJoe

OK. One more idea. At the top of any page, click on the "community" button. Go down to "member list" and try accessing a member from there. If that doesn't work, send a PM to bunkerbob, Naekid or Dean. One of them may be able to figure it out.

9. Sourdough

Sourdough ExCommunicated

When you click on any members forum name, can you find a tab titled "About Me".....???

10. UncleJoe

Not that I'm aware of.

Now that I'm looking though, I don't know how any one but me can see the small amount personal information I have listed in my profile. I only seem to be able to access it from the UCP and I don't believe anyone else can get to it.

Hey Dean, Vance, Bob? :help: :help: :help:

11. Sourdough

Sourdough ExCommunicated

They must have it turned off. Strange as they talk about that function in the standard Welcome letter they send when one joins the forum.

12. NaeKid

NaeKid YourAdministrator, eh?

The message-box that shows up is a "quick-note" to that person that anyone can read - kind of like chatting on someone's FaceBook wall. There is an option to send a PrivateMessage from that same-screen on one of the drop-down menus.

Your account statistics also show up and should show any social-groups that you have joined, any blogs that you have written, etc. If someone has chosen to hide age / birthdates in their ControlPanel, no-one can see that information.

I am not sure what other information you are looking for about other members - most of us are looking to be fairly annonymous, so, most of us will hide as much information as possible just in case there are those who wish to do us harm will be able to track us down.

13. sailaway

sailaway Well-Known Member

Depends who's looking for ya!:eek: