whoa christian militia raided by fbi

Discussion in 'Religion' started by kogneto, Mar 28, 2010.

1. kogneto

kogneto The Skeptic

just woke up and saw this posted on google news

2. Al-Thi'b

Al-Thi'b مسلم Member

News doesn't tell what caused the raids, I am guessing they were doing the same similar nutty stuff as the Davidians or whatever they were called. Sucks to be them but at least there was no gun battle.

3. kogneto

kogneto The Skeptic

i heard they apparently thought Obama was the antichrist and were out to kill him

4. Al-Thi'b

Al-Thi'b مسلم Member

:scratch uhh... Alrighty then.
    That's a little insane, more insane than the Davidians.

5. truthismyname33

truthismyname33 Member

Can YOU handle truth?

How well did you KNOW the "Davadians"? Or....do you only "KNOW" them according to heresay? Just curious.....

6. Logic

Logic New Member

I know quite a bit about the Davidians. Was there something you wanted to know?

I see Koresh claiming to be god incarnate as heresy. So should the rest of you. I also worry about all of your love for soothsayers when Jesus makes clear he is the only word that matters. He is what will make right. No one else.

7. TommyJefferson

TommyJefferson Living the American Dream

What made it acceptable for Bill Clinton to kill Koresh and all those other people?

8. Logic

Logic New Member

Nothing at all.

9. allen_idaho

allen_idaho Well-Known Member

Other than the whole having forced sex with children thing. Hell, that's damn near catholic.

10. horseman09

horseman09 Well-Known Member

The real reason BATF raided them was $$$$. Yup. It was budget time. That's why they contacted the local TV station in Waco prior to the raid. They wanted TV converage to produce a high profile bust to justify their budget increase request.

The two reasons BATF gave was child sex abuse and possession of illegal automatic weapons. I'm not sure either of those two claims were ever proved.

IMHO, the BD's were the whackos from Waco, but it's not illegal to be whacko. Remember folks -------- most people think we're whacko for being preppers.

11. kyfarmer

kyfarmer Well-Known Member

The whole koresh thing is not about what that idiot was doing, shouda been shot just for that, but it was the way the fed's served the search/arrest warrant. They could have gotten him in town without any or minimal problem's by their own admission. Instead they waited for him to get back to the compound, this was done by bloody reno's order to try and make a big new's arrest and a point, but didn't work out that way. Who woulda thought the fed's would have screwed something up like that. Waco and Ruby Ridge, there's another around the corner. Maybe in your own neighborhood. :mad:

12. horseman09

kyfarmer, you are absolutely right but it isn't just the feds. Because of the huge influx of confiscated drug money even some small town police departments have their toys. Ninja outfits and equipment, assault weapons, flashbangs -- even helicopters. If ya gottem ya gotta usem' doncha know.

So as you stated, instead of a low-key bust when the perp gets out of his car in the morning at work, it's a swat team bust at 2 AM, terrorising women and and children and shooting the family pets and sometimes innocent homeowners. Oops. Wrong address.

Pure and simple -- government out of control.

Government is like hemorrhoid surgery: It might be necessary, but it's best to have as little of it as possible.

13. TommyJefferson

TommyJefferson Living the American Dream

What is your goal in repeating Janet Reno's lie?

14. gypsysue

gypsysue The wanderer

Talking about toys even the small town police department has...

Our son is on a rural volunteer fire department out here in an area of only small towns, and they have a cool toy. It's a thermal imaging device, handheld, that they scan with to find people in fires. Based on size, shape, and temperature they can locate someone who has, perhaps, passed out or a child who is hiding, etc.

They also use it at car accidents, especially after dark, to search for potential victims who might have been thrown from a car.

Wonder how it could be used for less-than-honorable means?...

15. horseman09

Glad that the fire company has thermal imaging -- a great lifesaver. But even tho the S Court ruled against using police using them to drive people's houses scan without suspicion (looking for pot growing operations) ya have to wonder if they do it anyhow. We have a 4 foot by 4 foot greenhouse to start garden plants -- hate to get busted for that.

16. TreeMUPKennel

TreeMUPKennel Well-Known Member

You got it right """Pure and simple--government out of control:2thumb:

17. truthismyname33

truthismyname33 Member

No, nothing I need to know, but there's things YOU may need to discover.....don't be quick to believe everything you hear, eh? Just saying.....