wheres obama

Discussion in 'International Current News & Events' started by marlas1too, May 30, 2010.

1. marlas1too

marlas1too Well-Known Member

on this memorial day when we honor our fallen dead and our armed forces wheres obama----he's off on a vacation --some president he doesn't care about us in the least or America--my opinion hes a commie and a Muslim. I look forward to the day he's out of office he makes the carter years look good

2. Asatrur

Asatrur Well-Known Member

Please realize the administration was a real patriot also in that he spent a bit more time at crawford that working most years. Also, I have to ask why does it matter if he is a muslim unless of course you mean an extremist muslim or do you believe that one must be an xtian to be president and maybe even an American?

3. gypsysue

gypsysue The wanderer

How many of us good, patriotic Americans plan to be at a Memorial Day service of some kind tomorrow? At the cemeteries? Seems like the populace in general sees it as a 3-day party weekend. Kick-off to summer.

Can you fit an hour or two into those plans to go honor those who have Served?

4. kenny

kenny Member

A good point ,every memorial day our family attends the annual parade in our town and we attend a graveside service hosted by the town were kids from the local schools read why they give thanks to those that have served and died. they can be rough at times I also make as big a donation to the wounded warriors project as I can,some years its more than others but at least I know I can help those in need somehow.
    I hope one day wars will only be a part of our history classes,such a waste.God bless all who serve their nations

5. kogneto

kogneto The Skeptic

lol you don't even know what the president's plans are for memorial day and yet you're bashing him for your own ignorance

I'm sure you'll be pulling a 12 hour work load on memorial day just to show your patriotism.

6. gypsysue

gypsysue The wanderer

I just did a news search. The president is still in Chicago and will attend a ceremony at the Abraham Lincoln National Cemetery there tomorrow (Memorial Day).

I don't like the guy and I think he's ruining our country, but I guess there can't be much wrong with his family having a barbeque yesterday. At least it wasn't pouring rain in Chicago like it has here all weekend...sigh.

7. mosquitomountainman

mosquitomountainman I invented the internet. :rofl:

I guess Obummer is "honoring" our fallen vets in his usual dis-respectful fashion. I'd hate to see him strain himself with a trip to Arlington to honor those who paid with their life but what can you expect from a POS president like him. He's given veterens lip service but that's about it. I pity our soldiers who have to list him at the top of the Chain of Command. Clinton was the Commander in Briefs, Obama the Commander in Drag.

Last edited: May 31, 2010
  8. Asatrur

And what would bush jr. be considered? Most assuredly not Commander and Chief!

9. mosquitomountainman

He did produce proof of an Honorable Discharge. Clinton was a draft dodger and Obummer is in the pockets of homosexual activists. As far as I can remember even Clinton had enough respect for those who did serve and make the ultimate sacrifice to be at Arlington National Cemetary on Veteren's Day (even though it seemed hypocritical that a draft dodger would even be Commander in Chief).

10. Asatrur

Wow, I do not even know where to begin with a statement like that. Maybe it should be, but it is not, so why does military service matter? He has never claimed to in recall? As to the gay comment, I know many a gay service member who has fought in hiding for our country so you have the freedom to make these comments, funny huh? Also, if they are brave, willing to fight for the right reasons, etc., why does their sexuality matter or is it okay for hetero service members to harass and hit on the opposite sex? If one does not like "being hit on" by someone who is gay, do what heteros do, say no thank you and move on. Do not take it has an insult.

11. mosquitomountainman

The military is not like a college class or Rotary meeting. It isn't even like law enforcement. The anti-gay sentiment doesn't have as much to do with the ability to serve as it does with the social structure within the military. When you house large numbers of men together in close quarters you have to take different things into account.

You said, "Also, if they are brave, willing to fight for the right reasons, etc., why does their sexuality matter or is it okay for hetero service members to harass and hit on the opposite sex? If one does not like "being hit on" by someone who is gay, do what heteros do, say no thank you and move on. Do not take it has an insult."

When I turned 18 in boot camp (USMC) I would have loved to use your argument for coed training. After all, why would a woman who showered with the men be upset with being ogled, harrassed or "hit on?" She should just say "no thank you" and go on rubbing soap all over her naked body. What right would she have to expect privacy and she'd sure be labeled a prude or bigot for wanting such privacy. She should take it as it was, a complement instead of as an insult.

And why not apply the same "logic" to peeping "toms." Why would any woman be offended if a male neighbor liked to watch her undress or shower. She should take it as a compliment that he found her attractive. The same for teenage girls. Heck lets just do away with gender specific bathrooms and showers at the schools. Let the boys and girls shower together. It would do them good to "broaden their minds" instead of being so... Elizabethan or Puritanical.

And heck. if a homosexual male was wounded on the battle field he shouldn't be upset if his "buddies" were a little hesitant to apply first aid measures due to his chosen lifestyle that just happened to leave him open to an entire host of blood born diseases.

Man, what rational father or mother wouldn't want their children serving in an environment like that?

There's a reason that it's the non-veterens who are conducting their social experiments with the military. They don't have a clue as to what they're proposing. So, should we listen to the testimony of homosexuals serving in the military? Sure lets give them the same credence we'd give to teenage boys arguing for coed bathrooms. And then we can force the girls to abide by their decisions and quit being such Puritanical Bigots.

12. mosquitomountainman

And just in case I get misprepresented here. I don't care what a person's sexual preference is. I don't believe they should be harrassed for their sexual choices as long as they are done among consenting adults. On the other hand, don't try to tell me it's normal or acceptable behavior. But in regard to military service ... they can keep it to themselves or get out.

13. gypsysue

gypsysue The wanderer

Here's some of what I came up with on a news search:

In 2007 Pres. George. w spent Memorial Day in Texas.
    In 1992 Pres. George. H spent Memorial Day in Kennebunkport, Maine
    In 1983 Pres. Ronald Reagan was in Williamsburg, Virginia, yet did not attend at Arlington and the wreath was laid by a Defense Dept. Official.

According to the article it's not a complete list. I read more "absenses" on the article I read yesterday but can't find that one today.

Here's something else I read recently: "The danger to America is not Barack Obama but a citizenry capable of entrusting a man like him with the Presidency. It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of an Obama presidency than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their president."

And for humor, I got this in my email: Top 10 Reasons Obama Won't Be At Arlington for Memorial Day:
    10 Jane Fonda told me not to.
    09 I’m not resting until oil crisis is over.
    08 Ill be reading Liberty and Tyranny for the fourth time and I still won’t get it.
    07 I’m video taping a interview with myself.
    06 Joe Biden’s kid ripped off hub caps from my limo.
    05 Its not March 14th, is it?
    04 Not listed in Rules For Radicals as a must do.
    03 Someone told me Rush Limbaugh would be there.
    02 If I can’t tax Memorial Day I don’t want any part of it.
    01 I just celebrated May Day what else do you want from me!

14. PragmaticWorm

PragmaticWorm Member

He's not the first president to do this. I guess knee-jerking is easier than researching.

snopes.com: President Obama Not Laying Wreath on Memorial Day?

15. Aemilia

Aemilia Zookeeper

I love #7 and #1! My husband is not to happy about Obama's choice. I never really expected him to care.

And I was hoping to take the kiddos to the cemetary today (I may still do it). I wish I could visit my Grandfathers grave, but 1500 miles is a long drive!

16. SurvivalNut

SurvivalNut Retired Army

Actually, President Bush was at Arlington Cemetary in 2007. That according to the Dept of Defense.

Defense.gov News Article: Bush Honors Fallen Heroes on Memorial Day at Arlington

Anybody can paste any "news" on the internet and and call it a fact.

I did not bother to check the other dates. It is all a silly argument. Gotta go, my preps are more important than the "news".

17. gypsysue

gypsysue The wanderer

amen to that, survivalnut! We need to get our focus back on the right things! I guess the news article I saw about Bush in 2007 was wrong. Never believe anything without checking it out as well as you can! And I didn't. Now, back to my preps... *wanders off muttering to-do list to self*

18. HarleyRider

HarleyRider Comic Relief Member

Personally, I don't care what Obama does... I didn't vote for him. I am, however, a Veteran and I will be remembering a lot of my fallen Brothers and MIA's this Memorial Day. Since I made it back, I'll certainly remember the ones that didn't. :usaflag: :thankyou:

19. TechAdmin

TechAdmin Administrator Staff Member

You manage to get work done with members of the opposite sex around you right? I asked my cousin, who served in Iraq, and is now recieving officer trainipng what he thought about gays in the military some time back. He said "When your not screwing any one, what do you care who some one else is not screwing too." He was a little drunk, and I'm paraphrasing.

My only point in this then I keep my mouth shut is that my generation cares less about sexual orientation than any generation before it. Why would it not count for the military as well? Really, very few people in my age group even care.

20. marlas1too

marlas1too Well-Known Member

i dont know how this thread wound up talking about sexual matters but i get upset as i said before so let me say this i get upset if ANY commander-in chief does not honor the soul of the soldiers he sends to fight other nations battles and as for obama i dont like him or his cronies he will be the downfall of this nation and before you start to defend him--think--America IS the only free nation in the world