Where To Shop For Bulk

Discussion in 'General Preparedness Discussion' started by Meerkat, Jul 14, 2017.

1. Meerkat

Meerkat Seeking The Truth

Anyone here buy things like can goods, coffee ,sugar,tissue, etc in bulk and where is the best on name brands? I don't want a brand I never heard of like I saw at Aldi.

I won't be buying enough to pay Sams Club $100 membership fee. So any other suggestion?

2. Flight1630

Flight1630 Junior Member

We have in Canada a place called "Bulk barn" sells al sort of dry goods in bulk like soup stalk. Backing powders, candies and such.

http://www.bulkbarn.ca/en/Home

3. HardCider

HardCider Well-Known Member

Look for restaurant supply places like "the Restaurant Depo". Not as expensive as Sam's but you need someone with a business license (not necessarily a restaurant).

4. Meerkat

Thanks Cider, will sure check them out. :wave:

5. sgtusmc98

sgtusmc98 Well-Known Member

Not groceries but bulkammo.com is good for ammo, only catch is hazardous shipping, think my last 1000 rounds was about $60 in shipping but it was still a good deal for me.

6. Meerkat

I'd love to visit Canada but it is a heck of a trip to grocery store. :wave:

Thanks will check one out. :wave:

Will keep this in mind. Thanks. :wave:

7. crabapple

crabapple I sold my soul to the internet

I work in a food plant & I can get:
    6 kinds of rice, 7 kinds of dry beans/peas.
    Salt,coffee,spice & quick fix dinner packs, all wholesale.
    I know this dose not help you.
    I go the Walmart,Kroger, Whole foods, & a Chef Store that sales to anyone with money.

8. weedygarden

weedygarden Well-Known Member

Sam's Club is $100? Mine was $50, I think, the last time I renewed my membership.

9. Danil54

Danil54 Well-Known Member

At my grocery store I can pick up 25 lb bags of sugar & flour for a very reasonable price. The other items you mentioned are a no. The biggest cans of coffee I find are only 2 1/2 lbs I think and normally go through 2 of these a month. The could only hope one day. . . They also have a good variety of seasonings in bulk.

10. Meerkat

Weedy Sweety then been high down here in Florida don't know about up north. Yes it is 100 to join. :wave:

11. Meerkat

I guess f i just wait for sales like I usually do and load up then I'll do about as good. Thanks Dan.:wave:

12. AmishHeart

AmishHeart Well-Known Member

We shop Sams. I didn't pay $100 either. We have a business membership and I buy memberships for all our employees for $10 each extra. Costco is way more expensive on bulk staples. We also have a restaurant supply store with great prices on 50 lb beans and flour. Also random stuff. For freeze dried #10 cans I buy from Emergency Essentials.

13. crabapple

crabapple I sold my soul to the internet

14. Meerkat

Amish I get the sale paper for Emergency Esst. in teh mail and hope to order from them someday, especially the oxigen absorbers. :wave:

15. AmishHeart

AmishHeart Well-Known Member

The Morman cannery is a good one, forgot about them. Emergency Essentials is kind of pricey for oxygen absorbers. I bought a bunch when I bought mylar bags and they were cheaper that way. I think mymylar.com or something like that.
    I did see on the internet how to make your own. I will someday when I have time.

16. weedygarden

weedygarden Well-Known Member

Yes, the LDS food storage has been the least expensive and I have been very satisfied with the quality. I have eaten the oatmeal more than any of the other stuff.

This is the link to order online: https://store.lds.org/webapp/wcs/st...HbK6/Y+nP4=&ddkey=https:SetCurrencyPreference

This is the link to their current price list https://providentliving.lds.org/bc/...eStorageCenterOrderForm-US-short.pdf?lang=eng

17. Meerkat

All helpful replies,thanks yall.

We really need to hurry and set back up Greenhouse. Everytime I go shopping I get mad at myself for having to pay for food from no telling where its from or what it is. But some things we just have to take chances because we can't make or manufacture those.

I want to grow coffee beans too bought some coffee from a local organic farmer and it was very good. But not in mood for new crop right now.

18. sgtusmc98

sgtusmc98 Well-Known Member

I stand corrected, bought 1000 rds of 5.56 the other day and shipping was just over $16. And tax.

$332.25 for 1000 5.56 NATO

19. tsrwivey

tsrwivey Supporting Member

Certain times of the year Sams runs specials through Groupon. It's usually if you buy a $45 for membership then you get a $20 gift card & specif food items that add up to be $25. There's a Sam's coupon on Groupon now to get $10 of $40 pick up order.