Where Do You Get Info?

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by Meerkat, Jul 15, 2011.

1. Meerkat

Meerkat Seeking The Truth

I have a problem since so many went to upgrades.Now my news and information sources are getting slimmer by the week.
    I try to get different sources and figure out who to half way listen to.
    So far I can still visit city-data a mostly liberal site and free repulic a mostly rino type conservative site.Both banned me so I can't go there to post.:dunno:Must have made them mad somehow.The sites I was a member of since the first day I got online upgraded,they were more libs than conserves.They even offered to buy me a computer to stay,I refused,not much into charity.
    Anyway does where we get our information determine our outlook on this preperation thing?
    But you can weed through both if you don't have a choice.Plus they discuss the news and always have articles.:scratchI think I just mixed up this subject,but no way will I peck it all out again.

2. TheAnt

TheAnt Aesops Ant (not Aunt)

I get my info from lotsa places. Mostly websites and talk radio. All of it you have to take with a grain of salt and take into account the source and past bias. In the end you just have to make the best decisions you can based off the information you have to come to conclusions about the news. It can be frustrating for sure!

3. Meerkat

Me too,I forgot the radio,I get plenty of news there.Plus I can listen online to radioliberty.It has all kinds of guest who talk about the fall of America'click on 'listen here'.Very interesting one I listened to a couple days ago was 'Muslim and the Military'About how the CIA financed the radicals.Don't know if its terue but they make a good case.
    One article is about the Georgia GuideStones where Yoko lennon visited who is another one worlder.

4. OldCootHillbilly

OldCootHillbilly Reverend Coot

speakin a radio, shortwave ones ain't all that expensive, ya get news from round the world with all sorts a point a views on things.

I always enjoy hearin what other country's say about the major news here an sometimes be totally different from what ya hear from out news service. Ya just gotta sort through the propaganda be all.

Got a old Halicrafter's tube type with all the dials on it, fun ta sit an play with plus be entertainin ta boot.

5. Jason

Jason I am a little teapot

I have had Dish Network and Directv at various times. Way up in the goofy channels there are a few news (and documentary) channels from around the world. Mostly I just watch local news or your basics-CNN, MSNBC, etc for as long as I can stand to. There are many good websites as well.

6. efbjr

efbjr Well-Known Member

Up here in the North East, early in the AM, and early evening, I can often tune into Canadian AM radio stations. As Old Coot Hillbilly says, what you hear from a foreign perspective can be quite enlightening as to what is really happening around you. Whatever source you listen to, be sure to activate your BS detector (that little alarm in your head! :scratch) before listening. Every source slants the news to fit their agenda(s).

7. Sourdough

Sourdough ExCommunicated

All of the information that I need (Really Need) I can get by looking out the cabin window. Everything else is just "Drama" being spun by some entity expecting to profit from the spinning of said drama.

8. Immolatus

Immolatus Just getting started. Always.

We have FIOS here and we get RT (Russia Today, rt.com/usa) its a great news source. Adam vs. the Man, Max Keiser Report, lots of great shows on there. I also listen to a lot of NPR, cause I cant listen to sports radio if/until the NFL season starts.
    Any alternative news source, and if its not owned by that (insert insulting adjective here) Rupert Murdoch, all the better.
    Illegal wiretaps by the gubt is bad enough, but when its done by a company for money (like thats the only reason) its even worse. Lets hope the feds dig up some dirt on his US operations, and follows through.

9. Calebra

Calebra Well-Known Member

Pretty much just internet. Wnd.com,debkafile,jihadwatch.org. My mind if whitewashed by right wing,zionist propaganda --but hey, what are you gonna do lol?

10. Meerkat

Shortwave,might look into that but I do get BBC on my fm radio.I've almost listened enough to speak original enlish,took me awhile to figure out schedule was scheddual.

11. BillS

BillS Well-Known Member

I like listening to Rush Limbaugh. Michael Savage is strident at times but he's informative. I check out Drudgereport.com on a regular basis along with Newsmax.com. I like to check out the British newspaper links on Drudge too. Here are some other links that you might find useful:
    Before It's News
    Financial News, Investment Ideas, Business News, Financial Insights
    National Inflation Association
    SHTF Plan - When the **** Hits The Fan, Don't Say We Didn't Warn You.
    Welcome to Michael C. Ruppert's Collapse Network - holding a lantern at the crossroads
    The Burning Platform
    Bearish Market News | By Adam Sharp