Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I find a interesting phenomenon that someone always take a knife for daily use, and someone like to take a flashlight, and I'm the later. I like to take a little flashlight with SOS function. what about you?

·
performing monkey
4,230 Posts
I find a interesting phenomenon that someone always take a knife for daily use, and someone like to take a flashlight, and I'm the later. I like to take a little flashlight with SOS function. what about you?
I don't think I own a pair of pants with less than 8 pockets... ;)

I always carry 2 small (< 4" blades) multi-blade pocket knives and 2 small LED flashlights, along with a 'leathermans' multitool and an adjustable wrench multitool. I also carry 2 lighters, and I don't smoke.

my keyring also has a small knife & gun barrel light/laser pointer on it :rolleyes: the blade on the swiss-army-knockoff knife is only 1" but it has been useful.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I carry a Surefire G2, with at least 2 spare sets of batts, a SOG multitool, and a CRKT M-21 folder daily in my pockets along with my bag that has a variety of essential supplies and equipment in it.

·
Aesops Ant (not Aunt)
1,499 Posts
I always carry a 3-4 inch folding Buck knife on my person but always have a flashlight and .45 in a carry case in the car. Flashlight is mostly to find my way around in the dark.

·
YourAdministrator, eh?
8,000 Posts
On my hip resides a Kershaw limited edition "Jeep" lock-back folder for quick-easy access, in my day-pack resides a Letherman Wave (in black), and I have a mini wind-up LED flash-light in my day-pack ...

My keychain has a flash-light keyfob with digital tire-pressure-guage ...

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
For me it depends on where Im going and the time of day. Day time low threat areas I have a classic swiss army Victorinox and a Gerber shard on my keychain. I also Have a Victorinox tinker. At Night or in bad areas I have same keychain set up. In pockets I have a streamlight micro stream and for a knife its a large variety ; anything from Kershaw's, Cold steel, Spyderco's.

·
The Future?
2,400 Posts
Carried a three cell Maglite when my Jack Russle was attacked by a pit bull, I beat the dog on its spine with the flashlight as hard as I could while he had my Jack in his mouth. I beat him so hard it broke the flashlight and never even effected the pit bull! The owner of the Pit finally showed up and pulled his dog off mine. My Jack survived with a couple of deep puncture wounds that finally healed. Took her to the vet and they wanted $1200.00 to help her. I had them give her a shot of antibiotics and pain killer and paid $250.00 took her home and cleaned her up myself. She is now 17 years old and still kicking.

I carry a Ruger LCP .380 now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts