Whats for dinner?....

Discussion in 'Recipe Share' started by readytogo, Jul 3, 2014.

1. readytogo

readytogo ExCommunicated

Well today was a lazy day,nothing fancy roll of Italian bread,canned apple crumb pie and french quiche Loraine,served with ice cold tea and a nice green salad.
    The pie dough is used in both pies so is simple the quiche is nothing more than 3 eggs,1 cup heavy cream, black pepper ,bacon,spinach and slice Swiss cheese on top, pre-baked the shell for a few minutes and then add the mixture cover it with the cheese and bake till is done,1/2 hour or so.The no knead bread is just as simple,3 cups bread flour,1 pack of yeast,1 teasp salt,1 teasp sugar ,a little olive oil and warm water.In food processor mix everything then add warm water a little at a time till the dough comes clean from the side of the processor
    it doesn`t take long the dough will be a bit wet,place it in a bowl wet with a little oil and let it rise till double ,punch it down and shape as you like or in any mold,a cast iron pot will do find,baked till is nice and brown and it sounds hollow or you get a inside baked temperature of 180 degrees,done ,is better the next day.
    ps.make sure that he oven is hot and the bread mold is well coated with oil or parchment paper to prevent it from sticking .
    DSCF0269.jpg
    Enjoy.:D

2. notyermomma

notyermomma Well-Known Member

Last night I went shopping in the fridge to make fried rice ... I reached into the freezer for some pulled chicken and found a dab of curry sauce! So it wound up being curried rice instead. I brewed some mint sun tea straight out of my garden to go with it. I do love cooking! :D

3. Genevieve

Genevieve I'm done - gone

last night was left overs. hubby had some unstuffed cabbage rolls skillet dish and I had greenbeans and potatoes. with bread

tonite I'm making fish. I think I'll be rolling them in melted coconut oil then in some crushed stuffing mix and then baking and I'm going to make some cheesy zucchini( sliced tossed with olive oil, sliced onions,chopped fresh basil and some italian cheese mix ( it's what I have in the fridge) and then bake, 350 for about 30mins and then add more cheese on top to melt for another 10mins) to go with and always nice warm crusty bread or rolls ( hubby is a bread freak. seriously lol)

4. tsrwivey

tsrwivey Supporting Member

Well, last night it was a New Mexican casserole I threw together because I needed to use up so corn tortillas & I was too busy to roll enchiladas. I layered corn tortillas, refried beans, enchilada sauce, Mexican cheese, & taco meat. Put cheese on top & baked. Everyone loved it so it's a keeper! :2thumb:

I have no idea what's for dinner tonight, need to come up with new uses for chicken.

5. Genevieve

I've been looking for those kinds of meals. like the unstuffed cabbage rolls. it's all the same ingredients but it's faster and in one pan. I have a soup recipe called stuffed sweet pepper soup that I use up extra sweet peppers with. it's all the same ingredients but much much faster than stuffed peppers. anything thats easier, faster and little cleanup like using only one pan/skillet,etc I'm all for it :D and I find that those types of recipes can use up the preps easier too. Like most everything in those 2 recipes could be done with freeze dried and canned foods

6. goshengirl

goshengirl Supporting Member

Leftovers! :) I'm just thankful we have some, because the weather is so nice, I don't want to spend any time cooking, just working outside.

7. readytogo

readytogo ExCommunicated

You got me going with the mint sun tea,thanks.:D

8. readytogo

readytogo ExCommunicated

Had leftover rice so tonight I will be making ham fried rice.:D

9. Freyadog

Freyadog Member

deviled eggs
    blackeyed peas
    collard greens
    fried squash
    cornbread
    water with lemon

10. Urmomma

Urmomma Active Member

I've fixed that Mexican casserole. It's a family favorite and adding beans are a good idea. We add a little chopped onion to the layers. Sometimes I use corn and sometimes flour tortillas. Tonight we are having spaghetti.

I have left over beans and corn on the Cobb. In a couple of days some of the beans will be rinsed, corn stripped from the cob and onion, bell pepper, sweet relish, tomato tossed with Italian dressing. It will make a nice salad. Spent part of the day looking up bean recipes.

11. Urmomma

Urmomma Active Member

Orange chicken similar to Panda Express. Didn't batter and fry the chicken just sautéed in sauce over rice. We don't need the calories. Easy and a keeper. Good use of supplies and a little different.

12. Lake Windsong

Lake Windsong Well-Known Member

1/4 cup orange marmalade, 2 tsp soy sauce, 1 tsp white vinegar. Mix together & toss in chicken nuggets, strips, or pieces for chinese orange chicken.
    This is the recipe I use. Good stuff.

13. tsrwivey

tsrwivey Supporting Member

We're going to try honey chicken over rice made in the crockpot tomorrow :).

14. hashbrown

hashbrown Peckerwood

Celebrating tonight, bacon wrapped prawns and a ribeye

Attached Files:

15. Urmomma

Urmomma Active Member

Wind song, Panda Express's orange chicken is spicy and wouldn't be good for most children. It has garlic, red peppers, ginger and onions. Ur recipe is nice and I've used it but DH loves spicy.

16. Genevieve

I have absolutely no idea what I'm making today lol

since it's still fairly cool I may make some spaghetti with garlic toast. I only have to thaw some sausage for that for in the sauce. I can throw in some peppers and mushrooms while I brown the meat and maybe some home canned chopped tomatoes and then the sauce.

yep. sounds like a plan :)

17. labotomi

labotomi Well-Known Member

Smoked pork ribs, fresh blue lake beans, fresh corn, tomatoes, banana and bell peppers, cornbread muffins.

18. notyermomma

As I cook ahead for my mother's housewarming gift, I'm trying to clear out some space in the fridge and freezer to accommodate it all. Tonight I threw together a bunch of old salad bits - lots of greens, tuna salad, some old quinoa, and lots of cheese. Not bad at all!

This morning I dropped off a frozen "mongolian beef" stew, a brick of quinoa/white bean salad, and a homespun lemon dill pilaf mix. I'm not done by a long shot - I'm also making gazpacho, asparagus soup, quiche, and one of my favorite dips. I'm making double versions of most of these to feed me for the coming few weeks too. Life is good.

:yummy:

19. notyermomma

Wow! What's the occasion? :factor10: