What Would You Miss The Most?

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by HarleyRider, Apr 1, 2010.

1. HarleyRider

HarleyRider Comic Relief Member

The United States has just suffered a cataclysmic disaster... all of the Super Market shelves are bare... and we are left to our own devices. Just for curiosity's sake, what food or snack would you miss the most? A Hershey bar, a bag of potato chips, a bottle of Coke, Moon Pies, a bottle of YooHoo, Mountain Dew, 6 pack of beer, etc? What would you really miss?

2. Woody

Woody Woodchuck

Fresh head-on green tail shrimp. The trucks just don’t come up here anymore from the coast so Harris Teeter is the nearest local place to get the tasty little buggers.

That and anything Little Debbie. They have to put crack or something in their stuff, all are addicting and delicious!

3. allen_idaho

allen_idaho Well-Known Member

Dr. Pepper. I'm addicted to the stuff.

4. SurvivalNut

SurvivalNut Retired Army

Yep, the only thing I would miss is DP. When is the desert I'd drink it hot as tea. Nothing to slow me down, always kept a case in the Hummer.

Everything else I have. The (grown) kids keep getting in my stash so I gave up stockpiling it.

5. pdx210

pdx210 Well-Known Member

good coffee, imported beer, i'm fond of chimay white

sugar water & candy is really bad for you

6. HarleyRider

The thing I would miss the most is a good hot cup of Black Bean Wine..... got to have my coffee!:surrender:

7. bunkerbob

bunkerbob Supporting Member

Do I detect a little "Blast from the Past" in that, you don't drink that hot do you?:scratch:sssh:

8. bunkerbob

I like that, must use that term in the future.:D:wave:

9. truthfulwon

truthfulwon Junior Member

Sugar anything sweet. So I need to stock up on a lot more sugar. Forget the meats and all the other junk. I crave sugar!!!! But that would be something I really would have a problem going without. Cookies cakes pies, cupcakes, candy, anything sweet. I know what will be on my stockpile list.

10. kyfarmer

kyfarmer Well-Known Member

Coffee, i hate to say it but after 2 day's at the most i,d be a basket case. :p I could do the make believe thang, but that takes a whole day to get and dry. ;)

11. UncleJoe

UncleJoe Well-Known Member

Hershey Dark Chocolate Bars.

12. mdprepper

mdprepper I sold my soul to The_Blob. He had candy...

Coffee and dark chocolate

13. kogneto

kogneto The Skeptic

Diet Pepsi

I blame my fiance for this. Her family, a long time ago, gave up drinking non-diet flavored soda's and then eventually only diet-pepsi. Now it's the only drink in the house, and I since I spend most of my time with her, I usually only drink the stuff now. It's an accursed addiction, they changed so they wouldn't get cancer from too much sugar, but aspartame is just as bad.

Really any carbonated beverage, love me that burn

14. mosquitomountainman

mosquitomountainman I invented the internet. :rofl:

Chocolate in all of it's various uses.

15. bunkerbob

Kinda 'corny', the comradery of our forum.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2010
  16. kogneto

kogneto The Skeptic

yeah my internet IV would be my most desired addiction, but this is about snacks/food :p

Edit: nevermind, this forum=corn :ignore:

17. HozayBuck

HozayBuck Well-Known Member

While I had never seen nor heard of it, the Lady of the Manor, The Self Proclaimed Queen of the Universe, does the hot Dr Pepper thing at times... I thought she was crazy but it ain't bad..

I don't drink much of anything anymore but I would miss having a jug of Jim beam around, in case of Snow Snakes ya kno...or a bad case of Ice Worms...

But I'd really miss coffee, and I plan to have a lot more stockpiled then I now have...got lax.. I buy the whole beans from Costco, 3 full pounds for about 11.00 In MT and no sales tax... I'll be bringing a hefty load back in the fall...IF I'm not running for my life..

I also believe that all the possible making for cakes and pies is a must simply because in a SHTF life style, working from can see to can't see your going to really need the feel good foods!...

We also really need to put together a good Sour Dough starter...

While we are talking about it...

several years ago a buddy of mine got a wild hair and tapped into a weeping birch tree and collected the sap, boiled it and made like a syrup and while being a bit different it was pretty good, sweet enough for hot cakes or sweeten coffee and tea...he said he thought most any non pine type tree would work.. I have no idea...

18. UncleJoe

UncleJoe Well-Known Member

I read that somewhere. The sugar maple, which is most often used, has the highest sugar concentration in its sap, that's why it's used, but all the deciduous trees have sugar. It just takes more to get a decent amount syrup.

19. HarleyRider

Actually, I think the highest concentration of "sap" is in the Senate. Sorry, that should be "saps". Followed closely behind by Congress.:rolleyes:

20. Bigdog57

Bigdog57 Adventurer at large

Coffee, definitely! Though my sweet tooth occasionally must be dealt with too. ;)