What would you do....

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by mandiex4, Apr 11, 2009.

1. mandiex4

mandiex4 Mom of 4

So, you have a few minutes before you know **** is going to hit the fan. Your ready, your family is ready and safe, and you know the plan. So, what do you do in the last minutes before you world turns upside down...I mean, your family is safe and ready with you.....everything is good to go.....do you smell the roses for one last time? Do you go out and enjoy the sun or the wind? Me, lol, if it was all perfect and ready to go and I could take that last minute to enjoy something....I do believe I would drink that one last glass or more of ice cold milk! I know it sounds silly, but I wouldn't get that for a while (I think) and I would want to enjoy one last glass because it might be a a while....

So, in a perfect world where you have that one last minute to enjoy before the storm comes, what would you do?

2. jebrown

jebrown jebrown

Living in Oklahoma as we both do. It happens every year about his time as you well know, severe weather. The tornado outbreak on May 28, 2008 was only 5 miles from my home. I understand your milk drinking and see nothing wrong with it. I know that everything and everyone is prepared I continue to monitor the weather for any last minute changes. Last minute weather changes during sever weather season is the norm rather than the exception. I have lived here for over 17 years and have gone into my storm cellar several times. Fortunately nothing happened other than funnels.
    Some people won’t understand your activity. Even though you like milk and could be without for awhile it is also a strong stress relief valve for you.
    I hope you have a SAME weather radio. If not I strongly recommend that you purchase. Rick, Gary and Mike are great at their job but they should not be relied on 100%. Many here in Oklahoma do. That is not enough. Also these radios have battery backup if your electricity goes out or if you have to leave your home. A good policy is when it is time to replace the battery in your smoke alarm, replace the battery in your weather radio.
    I urge everyone reading this post to have as many sources of information as possible during any type of emergency.

3. mandiex4

mandiex4 Mom of 4

Well this year has been wild around here. We have felt 4 earthquakes, fires that are unreal, and the wind has blown harder and more than I ever remember it, and I grew up in western Oklahoma. We haven't had the tornadoes here yet and pray we don't. But, with all the rest of the stuff, I wouldn't put it past us getting some of that as well. I live near Sooner road. My house was hit by the May 3rd tornadoes. I didn't own it at the time, but just a few house down from us they were all wiped out. Now, lol, as far as the milk thing goes, I guess I was just saying that would be something I missed. I am glad I am prepared and I am glad I am able to keep preparing. I am also lucky to have friend and family that are like minded. Well, I will check back in a little while, I am going to work in the garden for a bit! Before our rain gets here tomorrow!

4. Canadian

Canadian Well-Known Member

I'd thank God that I have my family around me. I'd pray and give everyone a big hug and then get on with it.

5. Albertan

Albertan Member

Same here.

6. jebrown

jebrown jebrown

I also hope that this is that this is not an active tornado year. Glad that you made it through the My 3rd tornado outbreak. I worked the Red Cross Service Center in Dover, OK. A tornado ripped through there that same day. I worked a Service Center in Carrier Ok. Just Northwest of Enid a few days earlier in April.
    I have seen wildfire destruction here in Oklahoma as well as wildfire and forest fire destruction in Califronia. My heart goes out to all of the peopele who suffered any loss at all from the fires of the past few days.
    I have lived in Oklahoma for over 17 years and can't remember a year with more wind than we have had lately.
    What bothers me very much is I heard that two of them we intentially set.
    Again hoping that his is a lean year for all severe weather.

7. mandiex4

mandiex4 Mom of 4

Well, Canadian, I would be doing the same! I would be praying and hugging none stop. And, since I am prepared, that gives me that much longer with my 4 babes and the rest of my family. Thank God for letting me be able to prepare! And, to be ready! So many people are not ready for anything. And, I really don't understand any of that, because to me my babies are the most important thing and I can't imagine them suffering. But, if I can prepare and try to be prepared for anything, then I can help ease the suffering or even stop it. I want my kids to grow up happy and healthy. Forget about me saying I would grab a glass of milk, I was just starting a subject and that would be one thing I would miss. And, if everything was perfect, I would grab me a big glass full of it on the way out.

We got some rain today, so hopefully that will stop the fires for a while! Bring on the Rain!!!!

8. Pandora

Pandora Guest

I'm sure I would be running around grabbing last minute items that I think we "need".

Or kissing my precious bed goodbye....

9. SonOfLiberty

SonOfLiberty Guest

Beer. I'd have to have one last Guiness or two, in a nicely chilled pint glass with a nostalgic Guiness logo from the late 19th century on it.

10. sailaway

sailaway Well-Known Member

I would be sitting in my addirondak chair looking at the view I pay $30.00 a day in property taxes for while talking to the Big Guy up stairs and realizing he already knew all of this was going to happen. I would also be telling my wife to relax and join me. Some times all you can do is show up and take your beating.:rolleyes:

11. Canadian

Canadian Well-Known Member

Sounds like a comfortable place to take a beating. In fact it sounds like a gentle spanking. "Oh you naughty boy."