What? No thread on the package bomb thingie going on?

Discussion in 'General Preparedness Discussion' started by SurviveNthrive, Oct 29, 2010.

1. SurviveNthrive

SurviveNthrive a dude

Looks like there was bomb stuff in there.

2. UncleJoe

UncleJoe Well-Known Member

Kinda hard to be prepared or discuss preparing for a "bomb thingie" :rolleyes: :scratch

3. SurviveNthrive

SurviveNthrive a dude

Two or three bomb thingies send from Al Qaeda in Yeman.

4. gypsysue

gypsysue The wanderer

*yawn* Yeah, so?

Keep preparing. Don't be distracted by every news story you see. The world hasn't come to a stop...yet.

How're your preps coming, SNT? If they're done, what are you practicing, now that you have all this time?

5. lotsoflead

lotsoflead Well-Known Member

Huummm, who would have thought a thing like that could happen right before elections?I'm just speechless,Time to re-enforce the Patroit Act..(sarcasm)

6. SurviveNthrive

SurviveNthrive a dude

Ew! How snippy! Why in the world would you consider a news story an reason to believe the world came to a stop?

Not incidentally, preparedness never ends.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2010
  7. UncleJoe

UncleJoe Well-Known Member

Then let's get back to preparedness and not waste our time on things we can't do anything about. :)

8. gypsysue

gypsysue The wanderer

Same old, over and over. What do you want from this thread, SNT? A debate? A discussion? Hand-wringing? Lot of other things going on in the news today too.

Did you read that N. Korea and S. Korea exchanged gunshots today at their border? Where's the thread on that?

Or gee, maybe we could run with the same theories as arose after 9/11...maybe there WERE no explosives and it's a govenment plot? Or better yet, maybe the CIA or the FBI planted the explosives to fan the flames of hate toward Al Quada or Islam? Oooh, no, I've got it! They did it to somehow bring about martial law and STOP the elections! Or maybe to raise money for another stimulus bill! Well, okay, that last one is nonsense.

Ew, ew, ew yourself. So now that we're done playing on the see-saw, wanna go play on the swings or in the sandbox?

9. SurviveNthrive

SurviveNthrive a dude

10. SnakeDoc

SnakeDoc Well-Known Member

Lotsof lead , hit it. A toner cartridge caused all of this but already Napolitano (easily the most lost of the obama cabinet says to get ready for more frisking). It is a bs excuse to further infringe upon our liberties.

11. SurviveNthrive

SurviveNthrive a dude

It's madness.

We have yet another Fundi Islamic threat so TSA's response is let's get imaging tech to go check everyone, especially the wrong people rather than focus on the likely individuals.

12. SnakeDoc

When they strip searched Joe Foss (who won the Congressional Medal of Honor in WWII) because he had an artificial hip, it became apparent to me that this was about US and not THEM. Remember the police training manual for the Missouri cops? The one that had them looking for us and not Islmofascists?

13. SurviveNthrive

SurviveNthrive a dude

Once the current regime is out, a lot of that stops...but the TSA nonsense will remain.

14. kyfarmer

kyfarmer Well-Known Member

Heres hoping the next plane that they do make a hit on is full of lawyers and judges and those politicaly correct azz holes. That want us to be targeted instead of the R....... well can't say it because that plane is still flying.

15. SnakeDoc

The problem is that these programs always increase and never ramp back down. Obviously they methods don't work (a la the Christmas fruit of the loom bomber), but the increase the intensity of what ain't working rather than fix the problem.

I believe that it is by design and with the intention of getting us acclimated to more intrusive government.

16. SurviveNthrive

SurviveNthrive a dude

I can't seriously worry about some massive government conspiracy threat to me a citizen not doing anything. They pump money, emphasis and effort into TSA, immigration, and the drug war in the face of real problems.

How effective are the Feds?

What's amazing to me is this is a common sequence:

An adult male, between 19 and 40, either from or a frequent or recent visitor to a hot bed of terrorism, Islamic non white, non US citizen, so viciously nuts that even some relatives warn the US State Department, gets into an airport screaming "Allah Akbah!" and wearing a "Death to the Infidels" T shirt and gets waved past TSA scurity where he either succeeds or fails to do his terrorism dirty work, and the official response to a foreign based terrorist threat is:

1. Ensure that TSA screeners focus their scrutiny on families with children, take Medals of Honor from aged World War II vets, pat search shapely blondes, and wave through without out checking any Middle Easterners.

2. Try to ban firearms sold to US citizens and restrict ammunition sales through the threat of imposing draconian marking procedures on each round and projectile.

3. Label returning veterans who fought terrorists overseas as potential terrorists while pouring BILLIONS in untraceable funds into the hands of people known to be strongly affiliated and bank rolling terrorist organizations.

So, since the most recent attempt involved Al Qaeda sending bombs on planes from the Hot Bed of terrorism in Yemen, the natural Federal response will be to condemn the Tea Party as extremists, support building a Mosque on ground zero, forward suggestions to ban certain rifles, step up the set up of some militia group in Kansas who fears reptilian invasion, and more carefully check old white and asian women for AK's on passenger ferries.

I'd love to see their protocal manuals!

Based on that effective response, if short, fat law abiding gun owners like me becomes their focal point, I'm not too concerned.

In such a case, to parallel their TSA efforts, the response to short, fat, law abiding gun owners in the Pacfic Northwest would be to reallocate funds to study panda recovery, conduct deep sea research and develop new standards for phospate discharge in Peoria, spending BILLIONS. Heck, if they tried to control short, fat, law abiding gun owners like me, they'd probably have some department funneling funds to us so we can buy more discounted guns, and chili cheese fries.*

*I have not in the past, not now, and I've no intention of eating something called a chili cheese fry, but it sounded really unhealthy.

17. Bigdog57

Bigdog57 Adventurer at large

This is what We The People get when we get complacent at the voting polls and allow an Islamo-Terrorist Friendly administration to run roughshod over our RIGHTS, and punish US while pandering to the foreign terrorists, making sure THEIR rights are not infringed! NO 'racial profiling'! Nevermind it was a useful and productive crime-detection technique for decades.......

"Hey, strip search that gray-haired granny! She may be smuggling contraband! Here, Mr. Akbar, let's get you to your plane without all this fuss.....!"

:mad:

And now Yemen is closing down the two American-run shipping companies with military forces....... Yeah, closing that barn door after the horses are GONE always helps.......

18. BlueShoe

BlueShoe ExCommunicated

A local councilman man was running for city mayor here and doing poorly. He was well known as a conservative and professed reformer to our corrupt current mayor. As his campaign stagnated, just days prior to the election he claimed to be walking into his business when someone shot at him hitting the door he was walking into. Nobody believes he was actually shot at as he was known to be a friend to gun rights. He did it for the news/TV coverage and to embrace the underdog sympathy vote. He failed and this current bomb thingie will fail too for the current heads of DC.

I don't fear the Islamists. I've lived long enough to see the ACTUAL erosion of my liberties and securities at the hands of those in my midst that are telling me to concentrate on some perceived threat that ISN'T nearly the impact compared to the domestic assault we've been under for decades. We've been provoking the Muslims for decades now. That time will come, but it's ot the biggest threat we face. Think locally. Act locally. You'll be better off.

19. The_Blob

The_Blob performing monkey

NEVER let a CRISIS goto waste... :rolleyes: :D

all I have to say is that all the things that people assumed & were fearful of Bush doing THIS em-effer is doing & receiving freaking ACCOLADES for.

20. thunderdan19

thunderdan19 Shoots to Thrill

It's okay, our fearless leader says we can "absorb" another terrorist attack... :rolleyes: Sure. That's a great strategy.

But yeah, I definitely agree that our biggest threat at this time in our history comes from the from the beltway foxes running the hen house. A big enough hit will accelerate a bad situation though, no doubt.