Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
more than 40 years ago a social studies teacher told us that America would never be overthrown from out side of our borders, rather we would be over taken from within. Our enemies would be our own greed and selfishness.

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
All you need is enough people who think the government owes them something. The younger people get the more sense of entitlement they have.

·
Seeking The Truth
7,938 Posts
Hey whats a few hundred million more gonna matter.
We need to shp Lady Liberty back to France,shes turned into a whore run by politicle pimps.

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
We need to shp Lady Liberty back to France,shes turned into a whore run by politicle pimps.
HMMMMM. 62,000 lbs. of copper at about $4.50 a lb. There's $279,000 that can be put towards the deficit. What the heck. Washington doesn't believe in what she stands for anymore.

·
Just getting started. Always.
1,810 Posts
While I agree with Bill, the gubt does owe me something for stealing my money for my entire adult life, and giving me wars, inflation, debt...
Even if China stopped buying our debt right now, it would be our fault, not theirs.
We get what we deserve for electing politicians with their own best interests at heart, and not the citizens'.

·
Beginner's Mind
230 Posts
While I agree with Bill, the gubt does owe me something for stealing my money for my entire adult life, and giving me wars, inflation, debt...
Even if China stopped buying our debt right now, it would be our fault, not theirs.
We get what we deserve for electing politicians with their own best interests at heart, and not the citizens'.
Agreement but who else wants the job? I sure wouldn't want to spend the day in the company of Nancy, Joe or Obama. Only people with mental issues could stand it.

I think it was Will Rogers that said: "I wouldn't vote for anyone who wanted to be in politics."

·
Aesops Ant (not Aunt)
1,499 Posts
One thing I learned (by observation) from my years in public schools was that people usually dont mature past the maturity they have accumulated at about 12 years old. In the old days a 12 year old was taking care of siblings, possibly working a job or working the farm, they were expected to be functioning as adults, they were adults. Nowadays a 12 year old is immature, unmotivated, uninformed, misguided and lost -- not any different than they will be when they are 32, 42, 52, etc. Most folks who are successful and mature were successful and mature at 12. Now you've got politicians saying its only right to allow a child to stay on their parents insurance until they are 26 years old! A 26 year old should be independent of their parents and possibly a parent themselves!

·
Supporting Member
752 Posts
amen TheAnt...
when i was 10 i was expected to babysit my siblings. And by the time I was 11 i knew how to make a full course meal, do the dishes, do laundery whatever was required.
I thought this was normal until I got to high school and was inundated with stuff from teachers and such about how I didn't need to listen to my parents, i was my own person blah blah.
well that type of thinking nearly ruined our family and myself. I finally didn't really grow up until past 30 which is sad. I wish i could go back and redo some things but one thing i do is teach my kids NOT to repeat and so I homeschool to ensure there is balance against what the society teaches.
A recent example of immaturity and lack of understanding is my 20 year old daughter.
I let her go to public high school and believe me she was the last one to do so. I still have two grade school kids so ...anyway...
last night watching news about the budget and obama saying the rich should pay their fair share... my daughter says ...'hell ya! the rich should'nt get off so easy'
so i put into perspective for her... hehehee
I asked her...' if you became a successful business woman and say, made a few million dollars, does anyone have the right to take your money and say you can't make that amount it isn't fair? and then give it to another who has no ambition to better themselves?'
of course not she replied.
so I then explained that that was what the libtards and obama were saying. They wanted to level the field so to speak and those who make more than most will be taxed most etc.
then reminded her of this... I asked her.. 'you work for blah blah... a very large chain of stores nation wide right? And one man started it with an idea some years ago and it grew and grew and now here you are with a decent job along with thousands of others right?
she says ya.
I told her... that man with the idea is now making millions and has made thousands of jobs available... now say the government implements obama's plan to force this man now considered too wealthy for societies good and they take most of his income, tell him he has to now pay mandatory benefits like healthcare for every single employee and hike taxes on not only his personal income but also on his business.
Do you think he would survive this? No. Something has to give.
So then she realizes that the guy would close stores, lay off people and do whatever it takes to survive.
I said yep, and you know girl, your job would be one of the first to go under that plan.
so what do you think about rich people now??? LOL
just needed some perspective is all. Not all rich people are born with a silver spoon.

·
Supporting Member
752 Posts
HMMMMM. 62,000 lbs. of copper at about $4.50 a lb. There's $279,000 that can be put towards the deficit. What the heck. Washington doesn't believe in what she stands for anymore.
what washington needs is a huge liposuction job to get rid of all that fat! :p

·
Just getting started. Always.
1,810 Posts
Agreement but who else wants the job? I sure wouldn't want to spend the day in the company of Nancy, Joe or Obama. Only people with mental issues could stand it.

I think it was Will Rogers that said: "I wouldn't vote for anyone who wanted to be in politics."
Yup!

amen TheAnt...
when i was 10 i was expected to babysit my siblings. And by the time I was 11 i knew how to make a full course meal, do the dishes, do laundery whatever was required.
I thought this was normal until I got to high school and was inundated with stuff from teachers and such about how I didn't need to listen to my parents, i was my own person blah blah.
well that type of thinking nearly ruined our family and myself. I finally didn't really grow up until past 30 which is sad. I wish i could go back and redo some things but one thing i do is teach my kids NOT to repeat and so I homeschool to ensure there is balance against what the society teaches.
A recent example of immaturity and lack of understanding is my 20 year old daughter.
I let her go to public high school and believe me she was the last one to do so. I still have two grade school kids so ...anyway...
last night watching news about the budget and obama saying the rich should pay their fair share... my daughter says ...'hell ya! the rich should'nt get off so easy'
so i put into perspective for her... hehehee
I asked her...' if you became a successful business woman and say, made a few million dollars, does anyone have the right to take your money and say you can't make that amount it isn't fair? and then give it to another who has no ambition to better themselves?'
of course not she replied.
so I then explained that that was what the libtards and obama were saying. They wanted to level the field so to speak and those who make more than most will be taxed most etc.
then reminded her of this... I asked her.. 'you work for blah blah... a very large chain of stores nation wide right? And one man started it with an idea some years ago and it grew and grew and now here you are with a decent job along with thousands of others right?
she says ya.
I told her... that man with the idea is now making millions and has made thousands of jobs available... now say the government implements obama's plan to force this man now considered too wealthy for societies good and they take most of his income, tell him he has to now pay mandatory benefits like healthcare for every single employee and hike taxes on not only his personal income but also on his business.
Do you think he would survive this? No. Something has to give.
So then she realizes that the guy would close stores, lay off people and do whatever it takes to survive.
I said yep, and you know girl, your job would be one of the first to go under that plan.
so what do you think about rich people now??? LOL
just needed some perspective is all. Not all rich people are born with a silver spoon.
2 words:Flat Tax. To me, the real issue is the tax laws that 'the rich' use to get out of paying taxes like the rest of us. I dont understand how the average American can say that making the 'rich' pay the same amount of taxes (in %) as the average person in somehow unfair. Perfect example that really sticks in my head. When Ross Perot ran for president, he had to disclose his finances. He paid 3% in taxes that year. Is that 'fair'? Granted, he paid waaaay more in taxes that year than I will ever see in my lifetime, but still. I could not get away with paying 3% in taxes.
GE paid NO taxes last year, and made billions of dollars in profits. Is that fair? Does that make sense?
I dont understand how an average person making an average salary can support the Republicans when they say "Were not going to raise taxes". They wont raise taxes on their uber rich donors is what they mean. But they can get some shlub (like me) to not see the truth behind this?
I just dont get it.
The Democrats feed off this ignorance as well, because they dont want to soak their rich donors either.
Why is there a mortgage interest deduction? Think about it. Who does it really benefit? Yes, it benefits the homeowner. I'll give you one guess who fought for this. The money lenders.

·
Seeking The Truth
7,938 Posts
LOL,yep I never thought of tha,sell the feminist.Sinatra said it best'Thats Why The lady is a Tramp'.I could make up some of my own lyrics to add also.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts