What have we learned in 2,065 years?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by HozayBuck, Feb 5, 2011.

1. HozayBuck

HozayBuck Well-Known Member

What have we learned in 2,065 years?

*~Cicero ~ (55 B.C.) "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome becomes bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance."

So what have we learned? Nothing---Absolutely, Nothing!
    **************************************************************************************************************

*~Pericles~ (430 B.C.) “Just because you do not take an interest in politics, doesn’t mean politics won’t take an interest in you!”

*~Homer~ “To speak his thoughts, is every freeman’s Right, in peace and in war, in council, and in fight.”

*~Spartan King Leonidas~ “Molon Labe ” - "Come and get them!"

2. BasecampUSA

BasecampUSA Sr. Homesteader

Oooooh Hozay! - good show, old boy!

I didn't think a hillbilly like you thought as deep as the Greeks and Romans! :D

Most sheeple today take after the Geeks and Morons :rolleyes:

3. The_Blob

The_Blob performing monkey

don't forget, it was only a few of the Greeks and Romans, the majority were sheeple also, the more things change the more they stay the same?

4. OldCootHillbilly

OldCootHillbilly Reverend Coot

Ta get back ta the real smart folks, yall need ta dang near go back ta when we lived in caves! I don't know, seems like mankind sure fergot allota stuff on the way ta bein civilized.

The indians seemed ta be doin perty good on there own till organized white men screwed it up. They hunted, fished, foraged an gathered, took care of the old an the young an perty much had it figured out.

5. HozayBuck

Yea they did, hunted, fished, napped , rode around fighting and stealing horses while the women did all the work...lololol... yep, white man screwed that up...:D:D

6. Jason

Jason I am a little teapot

From the posts above (as well as general observation) it seems that the long and short of it is simply that as long as there are people willing to give handouts there will be people willing to take them, whether they truly deserve them or not.

7. kyfarmer

kyfarmer Well-Known Member

History does repeat and soon we are gona be burning, thats gona suck. I wonder if the great one can play the fiddle ya reckon.

8. goshengirl

goshengirl Supporting Member

I hear a lot of folks talk (usually in a condescending tone) about how history isn't an important subject in our schools - we need to focus on math and science. Math and science absolutely are important, but history is, too. Nothing that we're going through now is new - but without an understanding of history, we have no context. (Same folks tend to think that teaching self esteem is necessary - as if you can teach self esteem instead of earn it - but I digress...)

9. HozayBuck

Ya know, history is a funny thing, as is the ways it can pop up.. in line with that..here's a funny story about history...

My BIL and I were sitting in a restaurant back in 1980 or so , just bs'n and having a cuppa.. when these 6 young girls ( maybe 13 to 15) sat down in the next booth... now at this time a well known rocker had made a come back with a new release called " The old man down the road".. this being of course John Foggerty.. lead singer of the old group CCR... anyway, these girls were going on and on about music groups when one let out a loud squeal like only young teen girls can do... and announced OH!! Wait!! John Foggerty has a new band called " Credence Clearwater Revival " !!!!! this was followed by more shrieks of wonder.. my BIL and I burst out laughing and commented how we really felt old now..

History does come around again and again , usually not in such a nice way as CCR making a come back...

But the problem is that as parents many people don't agree with the stuff being taught today, but how many have gone out and found a history book from their own school days?.. we dump the kids off with a bunch of Liberal leftist " progressives and wonder why we get little "party members" back... counter the propaganda machine by teaching truth in your own homes.. talk to your kids.. show them the truth.. or accept the fact they will become the kind of sheeple we all despise ...

10. goshengirl

goshengirl Supporting Member

We homeschool. ;)

11. nkjones1

nkjones1 Active Member

I agree. We definitely need history as, not only a context to base our future upon, but also to learn from the mistakes of our forebearers. BTW you know who has lots of self-esteem? Sociopaths and serial-killers.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2011
  12. horseman09

horseman09 Well-Known Member

All my kids have said many times that they learned more history at our dinner table (another near-extinct American tradition) than in 13 years of public education.

So, when their college professors told them that our Founding Fathers were little more than white, elitist oppressors, the kids weren't schnookered.

Sad to say.......America's education institutions are America's breeding grounds for lib whackos.

13. RoadRash

RoadRash Member

Damn no wonder the red man is pissed at us......

14. CrackbottomLouis

CrackbottomLouis Winston Smith Sent Me

Logic and Reason should also be taught as a formal class in schools. I had those classes in a different country at a very young age. Teaching kids to think for themselves is just as important as giving them information in my opinion.

15. BillS

BillS Well-Known Member

For the most part, America was run properly from an economic standpoint until FDR. FDR crossed the line of giving people more and more benefits as a way to keep getting reelected. America has never been the same since. People who run for office and tell people that government benefits need to be cut back don't get elected.

Strom Thurmond reportedly told Reagan that he was personally against government subsidies for tobacco but that if he didn't vote for them he wouldn't get reelected and he'd be replaced by someone more liberal.

16. Magus

Magus Scavenger deluxe

NICE!

Yep, same bunch of retards toppled Rome crying for bread and circuses.