·
Scavenger deluxe
6,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The forum looks like a bad phone app!

·
Registered
10,753 Posts
Nah. It's like a good woman, sometimes you have to look past the superficial to get to the amazing person underneath. ;)

The change hit me when it first happened but now that I have had nearly a day to get used it I am adapting and starting to appreciate the new features.

·
RockyMountainCanadian
4,288 Posts
this is in the public domain now

·
Jack of all trades?
8,397 Posts

·
Scavenger deluxe
6,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
looks like crap. you guys need help?

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
The forum looks like a bad phone app!
I like it. What do you not like about it?

this is in the public domain now
What do you mean? I just checked permissions and it's only open to one group like it was.

Yes - I noticed that as well.....
If its because it's showing up in new posts it's because new posts show based on permissions. On Mods, Admin, and the T-Group Vance setup can see in here.

looks like crap. you guys need help?
Guys, constructive criticism, please. We had to upgrade. There was no choice there. We went with the best software. I personally really like it.

·
RockyMountainCanadian
4,288 Posts
@Austin ,Ok thank you for checking into it,
As to the new format it will take a bit of getting used to, then it will feel like home again

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
Can you guys tell me what you meant by it was open? Like I said I've looked into it a couple of times and it does not appear to be open to the public in any way that I can find.

·
RockyMountainCanadian
4,288 Posts
It just came up when I clicked on it where as we used to have to use the password to get in before the update,
It is probably quite secure since no one outside has posted anything on here. sorry for the panic

·
Scavenger deluxe
6,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
While I'm griping, where's all my likes?

·
Registered
10,753 Posts
Found 'em!

Just kidding! Austin said they would be restored soon after the forum software change over is complete and running smooth.

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
It just came up when I clicked on it where as we used to have to use the password to get in before the update,
It is probably quite secure since no one outside has posted anything on here. sorry for the panic
Thank you for the explanation. That function is now controlled by user group. It seems like it always was, but maybe Naekid gave it a pass to make it extra secure? As I didn't set it up, and he doesn't come around anymore, it's hard to say.

We're working on getting those restored.

·
Scavenger deluxe
6,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Now I get a "requested page unavailible" pop up until I click the forums directly.

·
Scavenger deluxe
6,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I like it. What do you not like about it?

What do you mean? I just checked permissions and it's only open to one group like it was.

If its because it's showing up in new posts it's because new posts show based on permissions. On Mods, Admin, and the T-Group Vance setup can see in here.

Guys, constructive criticism, please. We had to upgrade. There was no choice there. We went with the best software. I personally really like it.
OK, sorry. BUT the offer of help stands.

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
Now I get a "requested page unavailible" pop up until I click the forums directly.
Where were you navigating from when you got that message?

OK, sorry. BUT the offer of help stands.
I really appreciate the offer and it means a lot to have members willing to help out, but if you'd let me know more about what you like and don't like it may be something I can take care of on my own.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts