Prepared Society Forum banner
181 - 193 of 193 Posts

·
Tired of Posers
96 Posts
Dealing with alarmists. That's my primary concern.
This is indeed the biggest issue we face. Not only will it be a major problem, it IS CURRENTLY an issue going on right now. We have so many conspiracies being thrown about that are so inane and unfounded, it's pathetic. Most of them are scientifically impossible, and all of them totally improbable. Without exception, they all involve distruction of the things the {otherside} would want, so the idea of them setting up some nation andworld wide conspiracy to get it would not happen as the resources expended would be greater than what would be gained.
HOWEVER what these false conspiracies all add up to is one major false flag operation here within the US. It's called the spread of Proaganda. AND why would they do this? To dissillusion the people and destroy the "american dream", and it IS working. Look around you and pay attention to the attitudes of those who are spreading these myths and lies, they are not happy with life, they are angry and bitter, and believe that voting will not give them the representation they want within the government. And THIS is the goal of those spreading the propaganda. If they can not suht down the elections by law, which they cant, they will control the masses which they are doing. Yes, the alarmists are our biggest concern, and we must make them see that they are the tools of the "Destructor"

·
Walk About Prepared
4 Posts
I agree with many of Dragon5126's recent observations. I am most concerned that our political parties have been highjacked by Extremists on both side. One side bends over too far to try to help everyone without fiscal responsibility while the other side has been manipulated by some millionaires who payroll racist and religious bigots into thinking anything and everything Obama does is wrong. Barack holds many of the SAME positions as Ronald Reagan but his taxes are lower and he took a larger step toward Universal Healthcare.

I'm no friend of O'RomneyCare - let us be honest. It Was Romney's Idea and Barack was honorable enough to give him credit. Romney has waffled on more issues than Waffle House has put on tables. I too fear the government. I cry at the monthly horrors our troops have done recently in Afganistan, or the Secret Service, the GSA Las Vegas trip,

Most of us are the 80% in the middle caught between these extremes. We are the cannon fodder in wars. We are the 'average guy' who pays the price stolen by the liars and thieves who destroy our lives and our society from Enron, Identity theft, Medicare Fraud, Government Corruption, unnecessary bureaucracy, etc.

We are responsible for ourselves, and our families. Let's be very honest again. No one can get through "what's coming" alone. No one has figured out the right way. None of us has all the answers. No one has enough food, water, toilet paper or ammunition. Prepare! Prepare your family. Prepare your friends. In Colorado, we have a large CERT's training coming up for Tornadoes. Neighbors training Neighbors. What works is 'selfishly helping people' because it's in your Self Interest for them to be better prepared. The less Zombies, the less ammunition I waste.

·
Survival of The Smartest
42 Posts
dragon5126...... It sounds to me like you're the only "alarmist" here. I have been preparing for a long time and I know many others who are doing the same. Many of these people are average Joe's and Jane's, but many are professionals like doctors, lawyers and law enforcement folks. I was a private investigator (a trained observer) for a long time and we all simply watch what's happening and adjust accordingly. No amount of loud mouthed fanatical talk changes what we are doing. We prepare for what we see coming. As far as having a happy life, I'll wager that we all are living very happy and are comfortable knowing we will be ready for what will probably come sooner rather than later. None of us are bitter or angry with anything but the government. Also, if you are still under the false security that your vote has any effect on anything then you are the one who is terribly disillusioned. Please, settle down, look around, do some research and don't be such an alarmist. God bless and keep the faith.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Alright, whatever the reason. My prepping won't really change. Still need shelter,food and water. Adjust as the situation presents itself. My area is hurricane prone. Economical strife is inevitable. Still need to be prepared and as self sufficient as possible according to family needs and location. Some people will not handle well and others will adapt. We may see bad things happen and bad people, and will see the good in people come forth just the same. Opinions are like AH's, everybody has one. (Boy I must be in a mood today. Lol!)

·
Banned
55 Posts
What are you prepping for ?

Im sure somebody out there has already posted something like this but im gonna anyways :) . So what are you prepping or preparing for ?
Personally i prep for

Nuclear war
Economic collapse.
But my biggest fear is a new plague ,so i prep for a pandemic

·
985 Posts
It's been posted before but here it goes.
Natural disasters such as blizzards, or storms that knock power out for extended periods (days).
Economic disaster (national or personal)
Prepared to "bug in" or bug out short distance or long if needed.
Not too much we can do in the case of nukes. My town may evade the initial blast but we're going to be hit with fallout for sure due our location. :/
Earthquakes, we had one here in 2011. Odd for the East coast but not too worried about those.
Intruders/Burglars/Roving bandits, you have to know how to defend yourself and your family.

Being prepared has served me well. Ran into the economic disaster in the spring when my job dried up. Able to go back to school and gain new useful skills. Living OK even though my family lost 60% of our yearly income. Things are tight but we're making it thanks to having some preps and the forethought of buying the supplies to pressure can, dehydrate, hunt, fish and forage before an event happened. Learned how to fix and make many things to save money and cut out a lot of extras.

Never stop learning how to do more for yourself.

·
Banned
55 Posts
ContinualHarvest , I also prepare for natural disasters , where i live wind easily knocks out power all the time , for hours . Also are you a prepper from Georgia ?

·
Supporting Member
507 Posts
Natural Disaster, our electric always goes out as it is
Economic collapse
EMP/Solar Flare

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
Im sure somebody out there has already posted something like this but im gonna anyways :) . So what are you prepping or preparing for ?
Personally i prep for

Nuclear war
Economic collapse.
But my biggest fear is a new plague ,so i prep for a pandemic
Merged with an existing 19 page thread on the subject. Happy reading. :)

·
985 Posts
ContinualHarvest , I also prepare for natural disasters , where i live wind easily knocks out power all the time , for hours . Also are you a prepper from Georgia ?
Not from Georgia. We get a bunch a wind from the Appalachians. Either off the mountains around Frederick Co. or comes down through PA.
For example, we have frozen snow here on the ground, you drive 20 minutes south and you don't see a spec of it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm wondering what people are preparing for ?

tornadoes we dont get here but think they would be similar to cyclones we do get

presonally i am looking at larger , more global problems

reversal of the global magnetic feilds is on the cards, just when ..

meteor strike , the world goes through a meteror cloud every year in August some of these are 30 miles acros but most are pea size or smaller

the polar ice is now melting at a rate thought to take 1000 years but its taken 3. if this does not stop, the sea could rise 20 meters globally. reducing living areas by 60% .. 90% of cities are below this level.

what do you or are you preparing for ??
war buy guns n take as many as u can with we are looking at a war with the top .001 % billionaires their theory is that being how rich n how big their corps r that they r the chosen from god to rule ...........sad but watch something called the Corporation. It should give u some of the answers u r looking 4 I know it's on Canadian Netflix n I may have seen it with my vpn in the US Netflix not positive but it's all done under the falsity that they r doing this all 4 Jesus. they think they r like rulers ordained by god himself just because they are so much ahead n feel better than everyone else it's like there's no proof but they say they r working 4 thru god. total manipulation but how long have we know there's no separation between state n church the bible itself calls church false, and whores, the gov't's and the Vatican are the 2 biggest Mafia's in the world n i'd put the Vatican on top.

181 - 193 of 193 Posts