Westboro Baptist Coming To Pa.

Discussion in 'International Current News & Events' started by UncleJoe, Mar 11, 2011.

1. UncleJoe

UncleJoe Well-Known Member

Most folks in Pa and quite a few nationwide have heard about the house fire that killed 7 young Mennonite children in Perry Co. Pa. If you haven't, you can read it here.
    Farmhouse fire kills 7 kids in Pa. Amish country - abc27 News

What you may not have heard is, the Westboro Baptist Church is coming to protest at the funeral of these children because it was a Pa man that sued them for protesting at the funeral of his son who was killed in Iraq.
    Westboro Baptist Church plans to picket funeral for seven dead Perry County siblings | PennLive.com

If you have a facebook account, there was a page started to help organize a peaceful counter-protest and create a picket "wall" to shield the funeral attendees from the lunatic fringe. If you are local and have the time and inclination, it may be a worthwhile cause to show people how real Christian folks act.
    Login | Facebook

2. goshengirl

goshengirl Supporting Member

For the life of me I don't understand Westboro Baptist. Sometimes you just have to disagree with people, but these guys are beyond that - they're nuts! How in the world do they find satisfaction in adding to the suffering and misery of others?

Just 'cause they call themselves Christians doesn't mean they are...

3. OldCootHillbilly

OldCootHillbilly Reverend Coot

It ain't no church, just a cover fer a bunch a nuts.

I'm lookin forward ta the day they push some poor grieven family over the edge an get the you know what stopped outa em. I don't think there gonna get much help from law enforcement on that day an most folks ain't gonna see a thing.

A sad world we live in when this kinda scum can run amuck.

4. IrritatedWithUS

IrritatedWithUS Well-Known Member

They protested here at a high school ON SCHOOL grounds DURING SCHOOL HOURS and they got away with it! Protesters protesting Westboro had to stay ACROSS the street.

I want to throw hand grenades at them. Seriously, I would have no problem gunning those idiots down. They are sucking my air.

5. Jason

Jason I am a little teapot

Showing anger towards these jerks is giving them what they want. They are trying to raise people's emotions, trying to cause anger and sadness. In short, they're bullies.

Maybe if everyone ignores them and stops paying attention they'll realize nobody cares and just go away.

6. catsraven

catsraven Meoww

Sorry it just dose not work that way. Bullies have to be knocked on there back sides and laughed at or they will just keep coming back. Ignore them and they just get louder and more obnoxious. Nothing just gos away. especially a bully.

7. Tirediron

Tirediron RockyMountainCanadian

The westboro baptists need to be dealt with by the hi tech redneck method, treat them like a computer, PUNCH information into them. nothing like a good sound beat down to pacify a bully

8. HozayBuck

HozayBuck Well-Known Member

I've thought about it a bit for quite a while and decided the best way to deal with them is to show up with an equal number of folks..all armed with a boom box all playing Amazing Grace.. as done by the Royal Black Watch Highland Pipers.. it's a wonderful song.. it's perfect for a funeral and it will drown the AH's out.. and! if they split up each has their own personal "Piper"...

I'd really like nothing better then to just pound the crap out of them... but they do have the right to free speech.. so.. use it against them..bagpipes!!!

9. IrritatedWithUS

IrritatedWithUS Well-Known Member

Remember when their church got bombed? They loved it! They want more bombs. Their own words...ugh

10. Jason

Jason I am a little teapot

I remember hearing a story years ago in college where the KKK wanted to "adopt a highway". I'm sure most folks are familliar with this-the organization "adopts" a section of a highway and does periodic litter cleanup and such and the state puts up signs saying that said group has adopted that stretch of road-basically advertising for the group.

Well, they looked and looked for a reason to not allow the Klan to adopt the highway and couldn't find one, but one individual did have a good idea. They renamed the road, making the Ku Klux Klan the proud adoptors of the...

Rosa Parks Memorial Highway!!!

Not sure if this was true or urban legend but it's a great story about putting hate mongers in their place.

11. catsraven

catsraven Meoww

Now thats knocking them on there back side and laughing at them. :congrat: Make things uncomfortable. It dose not have to be physical.

12. UncleJoe

WBC did not show up. Services and funeral are over.
    May the young souls rest in peace.

13. goshengirl

goshengirl Supporting Member

Thank goodness!!!

My heart goes out to the family and community.

14. BillM

BillM BillM

Westbourogh Baptist Church

Aren't idiots like the Westborough bunch exactly what "Jury Nullification" is designed for ?

If they seriously got their ***’s whipped, and the people who did it pled "Not Guilty" , do you think a jury could be picked that would convict the perpetrators ?

15. UncleJoe

Not in Perry County. ;) :D

16. MrSfstk8d

MrSfstk8d Well-Known Member

I know I've gotten 'dismissed' from Jury selection before, lol.

17. The_Blob

The_Blob performing monkey

what they do isn't Free Speech, it's inciting a riot

18. BadgeBunny

BadgeBunny Well-Known Member

I'm not sure but I don't think they have been back to Oklahoma since their tires got slashed and then they couldn't find a store willing to sell them new tires. Took a bit of talking but it is my understanding that one of the Wal-Marts decided to sell them the tires they needed after the local police "intervened" on their behalf.

I've got friends in McAlester and know the area. Not a place those folks would have wanted to be after dark. ;)

And I don't believe their sites have been up since Shirley got all high and mighty with Anonymous during that radio interview a while back.

It wouldn't bother me in the least if a little more karma befell them. God knows they have it coming ... no pun intended.

19. MrSfstk8d

MrSfstk8d Well-Known Member

Yes, yes He does. I'm am often reminded of what He has said a number of times about being a jealous God.