West Coast Preppers Stand by!

Discussion in 'International Current News & Events' started by Salekdarling, Mar 15, 2011.

1. Salekdarling

Salekdarling Member

2. goshengirl

goshengirl Supporting Member

Things that make you go 'hmmmm....'

3. IrritatedWithUS

IrritatedWithUS Well-Known Member

:ghost: I'm on the ring of fire and I am prepped. Going to go through my B.O.Bs and other supplies and make sure my water supply is kept outside in the shed so it doesn't get crushed on the bottom story of the house in case this happens.

I have heard about this guy. He's predicted other earthquakes besides the earthquake in San Francisco.

4. Salekdarling

Salekdarling Member

Yeah so I've read. He said to pay special close attention to animals. If there appears to be more animals "lost" or to have run away, in the newspapers, than something is definitely on its way to happening. I remember my cat Oreo going crazy for hours before earthquakes...no matter how subtle they were.:dunno: Guess its all part of the balance of life!

5. backlash

backlash Well-Known Member

We had a dog that would go crazy before an earthquake until we let him outside.
    Not the normal I got to pee, let me out crazy, but panicked crazy.
    Within a very short time there would be an earthquake.
    Sometimes we could feel it and some times we couldn't.
    He always seemed to know.
    He also would not stay in the house during a big storm.
    Just stayed under the deck where it was dry.
    I remember reading that before the tsunami in Thailand the animals all took off for high ground.
    I'll be watching our dogs and cats to see if they start acting strange.
    Assuming the cats wake up long enough.

6. wildman800

wildman800 Well-Known Member

Jim Berklund Methodology

Jim counts the number of Lost and Founds ads in each day's newspaper and keeps track of those numbers. When he sees the numbers going up, he notes the areas that those ads are originating from (via phone numbers?). The locations and sizes of the increases indicates to him where the EQ will happen, how strong it will be, and when the window of time the EQ will occur in.

Jim is currently accurate somewhere in the neighborhood of 92 - 97%.

7. MrSfstk8d

MrSfstk8d Well-Known Member

WTF? What a wierd metric.

8. IrritatedWithUS

We had a cougar in our backyard yesterday. First time I've ever seen one back there. we don't have any wildlife back there near the pond but ducks and geese and an occassional squirrel. Surprised the hell out of me

9. *Andi

*Andi Supporting Member

I remember a time, as a child that we had an earthquake ... my moms 'lap dog' went nuts about 30 minutes before ... none of us could calm him ... as the quake started he ran under a bed ... he would come to the edge of the bed and bark at us but not come out.

Mother Nature has giving the critters an edge, one that we have forgotten.;) When Mother Nature Speaks, we should listen. Imho ...

10. rhrobert

rhrobert Happy in the hills

I started looking into this when my son seemed to feel "off" frequently in the past few months. After checking, it seems it was always just before ( 1/2hr- 1 1/2hrs) the minor swarms here in in AR. It wasn't just an isolated incident, which could be explained away easily. Kinda freaks me out.

Still, maybe it's just a coincidence, who knows.

11. Salekdarling

Salekdarling Member

I agree! Folks think that humans are the ultimate creature in the world but we just don't have or have lost our instincts that deal with nature. I would love to stay out in the woods for a few months away from Society and become friends with nature but alas, I have responsibilities. :(:D

12. IrritatedWithUS

Russian scientists back up Berkland's predictions:

A new report released today in the Kremlin prepared for Prime Minister Putin by the Institute of Physics of the Earth, in Moscow, is warning that the America’s are in danger of suffering a mega-quake of catastrophic proportions during the next fortnight (14 days) with a specific emphasis being placed on the United States, Mexico, Central America and South American west coast regions along with the New Madrid Fault Zone region.

Raising the concerns of a mega-quake occurring, this report says, are the increasing subtle electromagnetic signals that are being detected in the Earth’s upper atmosphere over many regions of the World, with the most intense being over the US Western coastal and Midwest regions.

Ring explains his methodology for predicting earthquakes as follows:

“The planets very much affect the earth, indirectly, by having an effect on the Sun. Some planets are very large. If the Sun was a basketball the gas giants Jupiter and Saturn would be the size of grapefruits, and the Earth would be, on that scale, the size of a peppercorn.

Jupiter and Saturn cause extra tides on the Sun when they get on either side of the Sun (as with Moon – Earth-Sun when the moon is full) and when these gas giants get on the same side as the Sun, (as with Earth -Moon – Sun when the moon is new). These greater solar tides become sunspot activity and solar flares and can be understood as akin to the increase in tides caused by the Moon when it too gets alongside Earth or opposite Earth.

At the moment we have Jupiter and Saturn on either side of the Sun and creating a tug of war with Earth in the middle. That started last September and will continue until about May. In September the Earth was right in line with Jupiter, Saturn and the Sun too.

Most ominous in this report, though, is its warning that the fault-riddled State of California may be about to suffer its most catastrophic earthquake in decades as new reports for this region show the mass death of millions of fish is now occurring, and just like the mass stranding of whales on New Zealand beaches days prior to the February 22nd destruction of Christchurch.

Interesting to note in all of these events is the United States Army announcing this week that it is holding a rare training event involving the US Military, the CIA, Canadian officers, US Treasury and State departments, the US Agency for International Development, the Defense Threat Readiness Agency and the International Red Cross between March 21-25 at Fort Leavenworth, Kansas, and which should the worst happen they will certainly be prepared for it.

Before It's News
    ==============================

13. BadgeBunny

BadgeBunny Well-Known Member

I watched a show the other night about the Indian Ocean tsumani of 2004. They interviewed survivors and showed video that was taped before and during the event.

There was one guy who was vacationing there with his family. They had gone scuba diving the morning of. He said that looking back they knew something was different, they just didn't know what. Mentioned the way the waves moved was different and that there were NO FISH in the water. He said that in all his years of diving he had NEVER been in water that had NO FISH in it. Commented that it seemed the animals knew what what coming, but not the people.

14. Clarice

Clarice Well-Known Member

I don't think it is a coincidence that animals react to up coming earthquakes, they are more intune with nature than we humans.