Welp, Minnesota is shutting down it appears at midnight tonight!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by lhalfcent, Jun 30, 2011.

1. lhalfcent

lhalfcent Supporting Member

Governor Dayton is a Obama clone and I say "Bring it on!"
    I hope our two houses who are repub controlled don't cave in.
    same for the Feds in one month from now.

Dayton wants to raise taxes and spend more!!! :gaah:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/01/us/01minnesota.html

2. TheAnt

TheAnt Aesops Ant (not Aunt)

Good for them -- I hope they stay the course and shut the whole monster down!

3. Meerkat

Meerkat Seeking The Truth

What?:confused:

4. Jimmy24

Jimmy24 Member

Well Minnesota will be able to figure out what they can get by without. Then when negoitions start back, cuts in the budget will be easier to see.

There is going to be more pain like this throughout the country before it's all over. Everyone worries about the feds, but the states are all in a finance crisis too....

Jimmy

5. lhalfcent

I am happy our new conservatives in both houses have stood their ground. Dayton is not in his right mind. here is a statment he made which makes me sick:

"It's significant that this shutdown will begin on the Fourth of July weekend," Dayton said. "On that date we celebrate our independence. It also reminds us there are causes and struggles worth fighting for."
    Minn. Government Shuts Down as Budget Talks Fail | KSTP TV - Minneapolis and St. Paul

so apparently raising taxes and such is a cause worthy of fighting for???
    I tell you these libtards are mentally incompetent.

6. horseman09

horseman09 Well-Known Member

This is real simple. Real basic. Common sense. Bottom line................Whether it's Joe Schmoe or the governement: You can't spend more than you earn. It will eventually bite you on the butt.

7. lhalfcent

Dayton, Obama and his ilk... their new motto apparently is:
    'GIVE ME TAXES OR GIVE ME DEATH!' and 'DON'T TREAD ON ME...TREAD ON THE RICH!'

8. power

power ExCommunicated

Most of the time when a politician is told of some cuts they could make they justify their spending by saying the savings would only be a couple of billion$$, not any real money. That is a drop in the bucket.
    What they need to understand those drops add up.

I used to work in a shipyard. We built navy ships. The cost to build one of the ships was a bidding war between two ship yards. The loosing bidder actually made more money from building the ships than the winner of the bid.
    The true cost of the ship was approximately 20 times the original bid.
    The American people could see what the bid was but never got to see the actual cost of the finished ship.
    Guess what increased the cost. Changes orders. We would have to do the same work anywhere from 10 different times up to 20 different times. The shipyard that got the contract got paid for the original ship, the other shipyard that built the ship 50% of the time got paid for each change order.

9. TheAnt

Does Minnesota still exist? I looked on the news and saw nothing... Im worried. Are you all OK? Did the streets crumble overnight? Did gangs of thugs take over and start imposing their own wills on everyone? :surrender:

Im guessing since we havnt heard that all of Minnesota has gone to hell now that the government has shut down... oh sad day! :(

10. power

power ExCommunicated

I will sure miss them. One down and 49 to go. Wonder which state is next to disappear?

11. TheAnt

Arizona? Ut oh, what will all the mexican and other illegal aliens do without state assistance? There will be thousands dead and dying on the roadside! Mothers handing their children to passers by hoping someone else can feed and care for them. Our thousands of not-for-profits will go out of business! OMG, the staggering losses to our state!

12. goshengirl

goshengirl Supporting Member

I tend to think government shut downs backfire for the governments - gives people a chance to see just how much government they can live without. :rolleyes:

13. power

power ExCommunicated

But they always find the money to open back up. Usually it just cost the taxpayers more.

14. TheAnt

<sarcasm>Which is why I believe we should have just given in to the libtards and print more money... hell, everyone should have a printing press in their living room in case they need to go to McDonalds or something. Since everything is broke and nothing ever works to fix it we should just lie down and let the libtards do whatever they like. I think im going to take a gun and shoot myself so I dont have to think about it.</sarcasm>

15. lhalfcent

LOL well i stealthily went to the store and stocked up on some needed things then went and filled up my tank which i just found out the price went up 10cents a gallon in the last couple hours. came home and now just about ready for whatever. lol
    :sssh:

16. TheAnt

I am glad you are OK... your secret is safe with me! If I were you I would board up the windows and doors and grab the 12ga. You may be in for a long night!

In all seriousness Im glad they didnt cave.

17. power

power ExCommunicated

I agree. Glad they didn't cave and hope they are able to hold out.
    Might give those on Washington something to think about.

18. Meerkat

Meerkat Seeking The Truth

That was'nt Ingalls Shipyard was it?I had a retired airforce engineer friend who worked there.

Anytime a dem ,independant or repub opens their mouth a lie rolls out,so if they think its a good idea,watch out Minn.

Look all gift horses in the face.

19. lhalfcent

don't have a gun but I do have a very large supply of rubber bands and a big stick! :p

20. TheAnt

Wha wha what? You dont have a what? No, no, you must be mistaken. I said gun... G U N. Surely you have one of those. No, I must have misheard you... I apologize :ignore: