Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Meoww
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever seen a watermelon with swirls like this? If so, what kind is it?

·
Meoww
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Blob. It probably is a hybrid. Mom got it at the store.

·
performing monkey
4,230 Posts
Thanks Blob. It probably is a hybrid. Mom got it at the store.
hybrid doesn't necessarily mean 'evil', as much of a shock as saying that is to many people... most if not all food crops today are NOT the same as they were thousands, or hundreds (or sometimes mere decades) of years ago...

even GMO isn't evil' in & of itself, it's the irresponsible, greedy, and oftentimes ignorant utilization of the technology that is misanthropic

·
Premium Member
6,660 Posts
looks like a Sorbet Swirl (Citrullus lanatus var. lanatus) hybrid? SS is supposed to be yellow, but they do have the swirl pattern

look here:
Vegetable Research & Extension Center
Cool link! :wave:

But the Cream of Saskatchewan just looks right down odd ... lol :D

catsraven, sorry I have no clue.... was it just the swirls that made you question what kind of watermelon it was? (Oh and I love the plate.)

·
Meoww
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cool link! :wave:

But the Cream of Saskatchewan just looks right down odd ... lol :D

catsraven, sorry I have no clue.... was it just the swirls that made you question what kind of watermelon it was? (Oh and I love the plate.)
No I wanted to know if it was some sort of mutated watermelon or a breed. The flavor is average to boring.

The plates I got for xmas. I love them too.

·
performing monkey
4,230 Posts
I've never tried a yellow melon. Does it taste the same?
IMO they have a milder flavor & once they start to over-ripen even slightly are almost inedible (to me)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.