Webbing

Discussion in 'General Preparedness Discussion' started by theuksurvivalist, Mar 6, 2010.

1. theuksurvivalist

theuksurvivalist Member

Hi All
    I looking to replace my old british 58 webbing long seen better day plus it has holes in. Im looking at replacing it with something any body had some good reports about there webbing?.
    theuksurvivalist

2. mosquitomountainman

mosquitomountainman I invented the internet. :rofl:

I've gotten to where I don't use much mil.surplus gear. It's tough, but heavy. When I was young and in the USMC it all seemed much lighter!

Load bearing vests aren't bad and there are enough variations to suit most any need. I've gone to carrying my AK magazines in a sachel and everything else fits on my belt or in a backpack. I have several different sizes/styles depending upon what I'm using them for. Sorry It wasn't more specific.

3. HozayBuck

HozayBuck Well-Known Member

I had often wondered why things you write resonate so well with me... and !! Ah Ha !!! Your a former Marine, as am I !! you live in Montana, as do I ( usually) and you shoot an AK !!!! These are all positive things!!

My Ak was built in Las Vegas, by Arsenal Inc. milled rec., I put a red star trigger in it ( very nice) and an Ultimak gas tube rail with a Luppy 2 x scout scope( old eyes ya know ) and had my Gun Smith extend the stock ( my Gorilla arms)

Anyway, back to the OP's question, This is what I use with my AK and Saiga 12 , Shihan Chest Rig During the last big 3 gun I shot I carried 3 AK mags and 3 Saiga in the pouchs and my P-14 mags in the pistol mags pouchs... this was a combo of 30 rounds of 12 GA buck and 90 rounds of 7.62 X 39 and 30 rounds of 45 acp, plus a loaded mag in the pistol and rifle..heavy but at the MGM Iron Man 3 gun you still may run out of ammo... OH...and a 5 round mag with slugs in my leg pocket..

this is the best rig I've ever used and I got it thru One Source , check out Gabes web site, this guy has forgotten more about combat fighting then most people know... he's a no **** real deal...I'm just too old, fat, and crippled up and broke to attend his classes...

for non match carry I use an over the shoulder "FAG" ( fast action gun) Bag from Maxpidion..it holds plenty for just moving from vehicle to work/dinner etc etc, I carry a handgun and extra mags in it along with all kinds of other useful items.. Surefire light, knife, water, well you name it and you can carry it... these are very well made bags and should be checked out...

4. mosquitomountainman

mosquitomountainman I invented the internet. :rofl:

HB: What kind of mount do you have for the scope on your AK?

5. HozayBuck

HozayBuck Well-Known Member

It a QD type and I'll have to get out to the truck in the am and get it out, I'll get the Lady of the Manor to take a few pics and post them.. may as well do the Saiga also...it's a cool piece too...