Web bot project apocalyptic search

Discussion in 'International Current News & Events' started by bunkerbob, Jan 4, 2010.

1. bunkerbob

bunkerbob Supporting Member

Have any of you seen or heard of this predictor...Web Bot - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Very interesting concept, so the more we discuss this and other supposedly "doomsday" talk, we can actually change the predictions of a apocalyptic event. Wow!!! what power do we really have.:rolleyes:
    I watched 'Apocalypse Island' last night, how boring.:nuts:Was this guy streching to believe he saw something in that chunk of lava on that island, that was maybe tied to the Mayans, no physical evidence or carvings that I could see, looked a little like Madonna though.:scratch:2thumb:

2. sailaway

sailaway Well-Known Member

I'm with you Bob, I didn't see anything there either. I do wonder about 12/21/12 though, there are alot of different professies on that date comming from alot of different directions.:scratch Sail

3. NaeKid

NaeKid YourAdministrator, eh?

If everyone predicts the same thing, does that mean it is going to happen?

I believe that the majority of PS-members are straight-up people who are not given to the radical predictions of the ancients. Correct me if I am wrong in my assumption of the general membership of PS, but, in general, we see that the style of living in North America is not sustainable and we are personally taking steps to create a life-style similar to that of the late 1800's to early 1900's where gardening, husbandry, hunting, fishing, canning, drying, etc were all considered very normal - but - holding onto our "convience" items (central heating, communication-devices, lighting, etc) - blending the best of the old-style living and new-style living in a way that is sustainable. I guess you could call it - living within our means

4. bunkerbob

Naekid I agree with you, my point was how web talk can effect predictions, PS is very good about using your head, that's one reason I am here and not at those other sites. Does that make sense.:dunno:

5. NaeKid

NaeKid YourAdministrator, eh?

Bob - I really wish that we lived closer because we are in total agreement 99% of the time! I don't believe something because some dead-guy from a thousand years ago told me that the world is going to end (Nostradamus). If the world actually ends then - so be it - there is nothing I can do to stop it from happening. What I can prepare for is the same **** that happens year after year - snow, wind, rain, floods, forest-fires and try to live in a sustainable fashion taking care of myself first and others second (I can't take care of others if I don't take care of myself first .. otherwise, they'll be takin' care of me and I wouldn't want that to happen :eek: ).

6. bunkerbob

OMG!!! what is with the 'Nostradamus' effect anyway, these "code readers", everything from the bible to modern day books. They could find something even in Dr Seuss if they looked for it, doomsayers:nuts:

7. UncleJoe

UncleJoe Well-Known Member

I watched that for a little while too. It didn't hold my attention very long.

The history channel had a show about the Web Bot last spring. :nuts:

8. Stu Padasso

Stu Padasso Member

Re: 2012

There is not a dought in my mind what will happen after 21/21/12........
    ARE YOU READY

12/22/12

9. TechAdmin

TechAdmin Administrator Staff Member

Seems like every decade has a doom prophecy.

10. Turtle

Turtle Well-Known Member

I think the original point of this thread was the idea that if too many people are looking for Doomsday, they will find it. For example, if people start rioting on 21 December 2012, they may set off a chain of events that leads to a collapse, thereby making it a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Is that possible? Sure, I guess. Never under-estimate the power of stupid people in large numbers. Look at "American Idol" and our current President, as prime examples. Enough stupid people get together and decide they want to do something, odds are, it'll happen. So, the question becomes, are there enough rabid idiots out there that believe 2012 will be the end of days? Maybe. We'll have to wait and see. With our guns loaded, Jeeps gassed up and loaded with supplies.

11. kyfarmer

kyfarmer Well-Known Member

I guess that is why i like this site. At least i know there are a few folks with some sense in their topknot. I like to be ready for anything i can, they have been floods, drought, fires, earthquakes and always will be. Being prepared for anything is just common sense to me, but common sense seems to be a rare thing these days. :D