Weather Websites

Discussion in 'General Preparedness Discussion' started by Avarice, Oct 3, 2008.

1. Avarice

Avarice Member

What website do you guys use to check your local weather? I have noticed that the Yahoo weather is not that accurate. I would like something as close to accurate as possible that you know of. Thank you!

2. Gene Backus

Gene Backus Member

I use www.weather.com
    Seems to be pretty reliable. Plus you can look at an hour-by-hour screen of the weather.

3. Neuromancer

Neuromancer Member

sometimes I use khou.com or other news station satellite image sites

4. netandtim

netandtim Well-Known Member

5. CeeCee

CeeCee Member

khou.com...what does that stand for?

6. DarrylS

DarrylS New Member

Here's a good one I found to zero in on weather in virtually any area of the states. It also makes satellite or radar views of the specific areas available...Nice site.
    http://www.weather.gov/

7. socofn

socofn New Member

NOAA or accuweather. JP

8. Adk Rebel

Adk Rebel Outside the box

Crown Weather

For those that like too much information, I like to use www.crownweather.com

It's based in the northeast (Maine), but their website is loaded with information, especially the tropic stuff. If you enter you zipcode you get a pretty good NWS forecast for your area.

;)

9. WxSteve

WxSteve New Member

10. *Andi

*Andi Supporting Member

Have any of you thought to learn how the read the weather signs, The ones Mother Nature gives us each and every day?

Just a thought ... you know ... It is only a guess but when the SHTF I don't see many web sites/tv weather station being up and runnng ... ;)

Exit to add: No weather rocks PLEASE! lol

11. UncleJoe

UncleJoe Well-Known Member

Well you're no fun! :p

12. Jason

Jason I am a little teapot

I usually use the local TV news website or some of the ones others have mentioned already.

13. lucaspm98

lucaspm98 Well-Known Member

+1 for weather.com they have different detailed forecasts, weather maps, and short video clips with the forecast.