Weather October 2012

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by *Andi, Oct 2, 2012.

1. *Andi

*Andi Supporting Member

Cool rain for the past two days with day time temps around 60 ...

Great for the winter wheat and grass we just put out. :D

2. *Andi

*Andi Supporting Member

Alright I get it and I'm done...

No more weather post from me.;)

3. We are hitting the mid 20s tonight here in Western PA. Very cold night, but a bunch of us sat around an outside fire just talking, getting used to the idea...lol. Supposed to be back in the 70s by Sunday...weird!

4. Davarm

Davarm Texan

After it got into the mid 40's over the weekend, it was up in the 80's today. Went out to harvest some grass burs in the yard and started them composting for the spring garden.

I got a jump on burning out some fire ant hills while I was mowing. I Bar-B-Q'd those litter buggers and smiled while I did it.

5. mojo4

mojo4 Well-Known Member

Its been between 40 and 70 all month!! Awesome temps but no frost on the punkin' yet :}

6. UncleJoe

UncleJoe Well-Known Member

Had our first frost overnight.

7. AnonyManx

AnonyManx Mama? Mama? MAMA! MAMAAA!

So did we!

8. Jimmy24

Jimmy24 Member

Sorry sweetie....we have been having some absolutly beautiful weather here in south MS. Low 80s, uppers 70s during the day and upper 50s at night. RH has been in the 20 and 30s. We are in pretty good shape water wise.

On a different weather note...SP 1589 is due to give earth it's best shot on Sunday the 14th through Monday the 15th.

Worth paying attention to.

http://spaceweather.com/

Jimmy

9. jpadams

jpadams waiting 4 the new start to begin

We are still in the mid 80's here... Cool at night, 68 to 70... No humidity tho :) Love that part... But we found a Jet Black Willy Worm the other day.. BBBBRRRR (at least thats what they say) :)

10. DJgang

DJgang I put SAs on IGNORE!

Waiting on storms. Hoping they will fizzle out before getting here. I am so not ready for tornado season again..... Ugh!

11. Davarm

Davarm Texan

We had tornado watches yesterday and at around midnight it rained in buckets for about a half hour.

Back up into the 80's today.

12. DJgang

DJgang I put SAs on IGNORE!

Why do they call it a cold front when it's still so dang stifling outside! I'm gonna have to turn on the a/c again today.