Weather March 2011

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by *Andi, Mar 1, 2011.

Tags:
  1. *Andi

*Andi Supporting Member

March in like a lamb here ... back to more normal temps, upper 50's and lower 60's for the day.

2. sailaway

sailaway Well-Known Member

March in like a lamb here also, sunny balmy 43 today.;)

3. Jason

Jason I am a little teapot

Lamb here too. Maybe 40 out and really sunny. Cold during the night in the predictions for this week though.

4. Tirediron

Tirediron RockyMountainCanadian

March is more of a lambsickle here -39 C this morning , not much wind till later in the day

5. kyfarmer

kyfarmer Well-Known Member

29 and frost this morning suns coming out around 50 ish today. Weather to get sick in for sure. If ya work out side don't sweat.

6. *Andi

*Andi Supporting Member

:eek:

Dang that's cold ... burrrrrrr.

We are cool at night (30s) and warm in the days (50's and 60's). More thunderstoms on tap for the weekend.

7. Bigdog57

Bigdog57 Adventurer at large

Nights in the fifties and days approaching 80 here in sunny north Florida. We are about three weeks ahead of schedule - Puxatawny Phil was right - an early spring! :cool:

8. Jason

It's a rainy muddy mess here. It was close to 60 when I got up about an hour ago.

9. goshengirl

goshengirl Supporting Member

Wet and muddy, muddy and wet! (Part of it is that our clay soil doesn't drain well.) More rain in the forecast. I'm iching for it to dry up enough to go out and work the soil! :D

10. gypsysue

gypsysue The wanderer

:eek: You win, that's pretty bad!

In the low 70's here in southern Nevada, and sunny.

Back home in Montana it's warmed up to 40, but additional snow in the past two weeks has the groundcover over 3' deep. Our son had to shovel off all the roofs.

:D Glad I'm not there!

11. Jason

We've gone from deep freeze to deep mud.

12. *Andi

*Andi Supporting Member

Flood warning around the area today ... We had a good amount of rain over night, with more on the way.

The cows pasture has a green tint to it now. :flower:

13. Jason

Our yard has a white tint...it started snowing about an hour ago. Big fat flakes. It's 40° but snowing so hard that we probably have a half inch piled up. It'll all melt off as soon as it stops coming down-the ground is way too warm for it to stick around.

14. ajsmith

ajsmith Well-Known Member

It's been in the low 30's at night here but the past few days the day time highs have been 48 to 49 :)woohoo: heat wave). Yesterday was the first day in a week we didn't have 30 to 40 mile per hour winds, hard to keep my Jeep on the road at 60 MPH with a 40 MPH cross wind, beats getting run over buy a semi tho...:eek:

15. BadgeBunny

BadgeBunny Well-Known Member

Been unseasonably nice here so far. Bradford pears and maple trees are in full bud ... another day or two and I'll need to mow the weeds in the front yard.

Still gets below freezing about twice a week at night but can't complain the rest of the time, even with the winds ... sure could use some serious rain though ... half the state is under a burn ban.

Got about an inch or so last week. A couple days later when the firefighters when out to fight a brush fire the trucks got stuck in the mud. Grasses and what not were so dry though that it was still going up like nobody's business ... It's kinda strange to watch a fire burn so hot and move so quickly and then see people and equipment up to their knees and axles stuck in mire ...

16. Jason

That's kind of like what we had last week. Nobody was in danger of getting stuck during our brush fire but it was unbelievable how dry the grass was and how wet the ground underneath was. Even fire fighters with years and years of experience were surprised.

17. UncleJoe

UncleJoe Well-Known Member

Ain't that the truth!!!

It's been raining for 24 hours now. I'm afraid to go outside for fear of the ground swallowing me up. :gaah:

18. *Andi

*Andi Supporting Member

Flood Watch - 1 TO 3 INCHES OF RAIN WILL BE POSSIBLE ...

1 inch fine but 3 in 24 hours, never good.

19. tyler_kd0bsa

tyler_kd0bsa Well-Known Member

Raining here in southeast nebraska currently and hovering just above freezing.

20. Bigdog57

Bigdog57 Adventurer at large

Here in sunny northern Florida, we are running about three weeks ahead of normal. In prior years, March gives us a 'last gasp' of frost, usually just as many trees and bushes are putting on their first buds! This year it's different - everything is budding out very nicely, and it's been warmish. Supposed to rain a bit today (Wednesday) then get down into the thirties again for a couple days.
    But no frost! ;)