Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For us the Heat is on ... temps in the mid 90's for the next few days!!!!

May have to hit the river to cool off some.

·
RockyMountainCanadian
4,288 Posts
Nice sunny day not too hot here in the high country as Canada celebrates its 144th "birthday" :2thumb::canflag::canflag:

·
Registered
983 Posts
High in the 100's lows in the upper 70's for the rest of the week. No rain in sight going into our 4th week with out a drop of rain.

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
We finally got some much needed rain yesterday morning. Only about 1/2 an inch but it watered the corn, which is a pain for me to do, and it helped replenish the rainwater tank which was below the halfway mark.

·
Premium Member
6,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
HOT ... HOT ... HOT...

Temps in the upper 90's with a heat index of 115. :eek: Did I say it was going to be muggy ... :gaah:

·
The wanderer
4,350 Posts
We went two weeks without rain, then last night it poured. Pretty cool lightening too.

We haven't had frost yet in July but came close Saturday morning at 33 degrees and Sunday morning at 36. I covered the potatoes, peppers, and tomatoes anyway.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Well guys today's temps will break the record for triple digit temps set last year. This is day 21. No rain yet, 30% chance for tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
rained once here since march. a few drops not even wet the pavement. days at 99 plus heat index as high as 110+. wonder when it will end. nites here 75 +. wondering some days if I am in Hell:surrender: garden has quit growing for now. orka and some eggplant is all.:(

·
Registered
65 Posts
rained once here since march. a few drops not even wet the pavement. days at 99 plus heat index as high as 110+. wonder when it will end. nites here 75 +. wondering some days if I am in Hell:surrender: garden has quit growing for now. orka and some eggplant is all.:(
We feel like we are in Hell too......gardens are crying but still producing as I almost kill myself watering every day.....bring on some rain

·
Registered
314 Posts
Its been near or over 100 every day the past couple of weeks. How's everyone garden doin in this heat wave in the mid-south and west?

We are hanging in with ours, having to water every 3 days. Still getting tomatoes, onions, canteloupe, peppers, and some corn looks readu to harvest. This week I planted dry beans, pumpkin and more cucumbers (first cukes already burnt up)

·
Registered
510 Posts
jeeeezzzzzzzz im glad the heats finally gonna break for a day or so......this damnable heat index's of 110-115 is gittin' to be hell on the garden......

·
Supporting Member
752 Posts
it has been soooo hot up here in MN!
today is to be hotter than yesterday with heat index near 115! been so hot since last week goodness. and the humidity! you step out for a few minutes and start dripping.
i like hot and humid but not this long of a stretch.
but makes for good ice tea! lol i am brewing some more green tea with some mint leaves from the garden.

·
Seeking The Truth
7,938 Posts
So much going on we motice it even more.Its hot,humid but not as hot as it was and thank goodness the fires are down some.

·
Premium Member
6,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Dog Days

Dog days are here ...

The traditional timing of the Dog Days as the 40 days beginning July 3 and ending August 11, coinciding with the ancient heliacal (at sunrise) rising of the Dog Star, Sirius. These are the days of the year when rainfall is at its lowest levels and the day time temps rise ...

99 for the high today which felt like 112. :eek:

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
We often have a few hot muggy days in the summer but today was awful! 96°F with humidity over 70 something with a heat index of 106° F -then about 6pm the humidity dropped to the 50's and now at 1030pm it is only about 70 and so nice and cool my skin just doesn't know what the heck is going on! last night at this time it was still over 85° F--as the weather gal said-Air you can Wear!
Gonna sleep good tonight-many neighbors are still outside running around enjoying the cool!

·
The wanderer
4,350 Posts
I sweat just reading all your hot weather posts, people! :D

We got up to 64 yesterday and 69 today, with a low around 45 last night. That's cool for this time of year, we should be in the upper 70s. It's been wet this summer too, and even though I don't have to water the garden as much, I have to MOW MORE!!! lol

1 - 20 of 30 Posts