Premium Member
6,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back by popular demand ...

Snow/Ice on it way for Virginia!:D

·
I am a little teapot
2,696 Posts
WOOP WOOP Andi! I was hoping you'd get it rolling again.

Here it was cold today-never did look at the porch thermometer but the weather said it was supposed to get up to 22. For the most part it was sunny. More of the same tomorrow. We're holding steady with maybe an inch and a half of dry powder snow on the ground.

·
Registered
418 Posts
We have been really lucky so far (well except for the lack of rain) ... but I guess that is about to change. :surrender: Not a big wintertime fan here ... :gaah:

I am so ready for summer!!

·
Meoww
643 Posts
Its cold and raining. High 30s to warm for that s word :p

·
446 Posts
The white stuff is on the way again (snowed on Christmas Day), will be here this evening. Depending on which channel you watch, we'll have anywhere from a dusting to 2-3" by tomorrow. :rolleyes: It's fun to have it for a few days, then it's gone. :2thumb: The really fun part is to watch people trying to drive in it, either on my street or from my deck which faces a pretty busy road. :D

Tim

·
I sold my soul to The_Blob. He had candy...
1,799 Posts
Cold and windy here (MD).

·
Reverend Coot
3,848 Posts
Friday we had less then a inch a snow, but then the wind kicked upta 45 mph! Instant blizzard! Taday when I got up it was -8°. Not gonna get real warm taday, but tammarraw supposed ta be in the low 20's. It can't make up it's mind round here.:surrender:

·
I sold my soul to The_Blob. He had candy...
1,799 Posts
Cold (30's but wind chill in 20's) with clouds rolling in. Expecting 2-4 inches of snow starting on Tuesday late morning:eek:

·
www.veggear.blogspot.com
720 Posts
We had 2 small snow storms since fri. and a bigger one on the way tomorrow. I've had enough already and we're only 1/2 way through.

·
Reverend Coot
3,848 Posts
Yup, nother storm pushin in, got light snow last night, an supposed ta get upta 10+ inch's by tammarraw mornin. It could quit anytime an make me happy! Goin taday ta top off fuel tanks an cans.

·
Supporting Member
3,312 Posts
Another one expecting snow.... and heading out today for a couple of supplies to hunker down with (nothing major, just general groceries and topping off gas).

We've had more than the usual snowfall so far this year, but I don't mind. DH has done an excellent job chopping wood for the woodstove, so it's always nice inside. :D

·
RockyMountainCanadian
4,288 Posts
Here in the great white northwest it is cool 0°f , winds have calmed down now ,but for the last 2 days it has been out of the north at about 30mph and on saturday it was combimed with snow (white out conditions)
Of course people don't adjust to the road conditions and crash ,leading to closed highways.
It's not like its winter here for 6 months a year or anything so why learn to drive in it(Sarcasm color)

·
YourAdministrator, eh?
8,000 Posts
I was reading in today's newspaper that the blizzard that blew-through on the weekend stranded many travellers for upto 16hrs in snow-drifts. Many of the travellers having nothing more than normal "fall-weather" clothing with them and almost none of them with any kind of Winter Survival Kit in their vehicle (tire-chains, food, clothing, blankets, heating-stoves, etc).

When will people learn!?!?

·
Reverend Coot
3,848 Posts
Naekid, they won't. The road crews er out, everthing will be just fine. Besides, the troopers will pick us up if we do get stuck.

To many people expect that somebody else gonna take care of em. Well news flash fer the sheeple "Take care a yerself"! If the weather be that bad, don't go out in it lessin ya really need ta. "Oh, I got this big fancy SUV, I can go anywhere". NOT.

But, like always, folks just go about there lives an never think. Got a soon ta be daughter in law fits that catagory, gonna take some trainin ta get her smartend up.

Stay safe out there folks.

·
Supporting Member
3,243 Posts
East Texas is pretty much shut down. 2-4 inches of snow but so far the power is still on. We're all shut up in our houses peaking out the windows & clinging to the forecast for some sign of warmth. I hate the cold & I hate not being able to go anywhere. :gaah:

1 - 20 of 93 Posts