Weather April 2011

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by *Andi, Mar 31, 2011.

1. *Andi

*Andi Supporting Member

A few minutes early ... but I don't think the wether will change much in the next 20 minutes ...

April 1st - rain and mud on top of mud ... Our road is a mess!

And how is the weather in your neck of the woods! :D

2. UncleJoe

UncleJoe Well-Known Member

The snowstorm headed for the NE is just going to give us some light rain. :D

The ground is starting to dry a bit but I really need about 4-5 days of no rain and temps in the 50's to prepare the garden.

3. Sourdough

Sourdough ExCommunicated

4. sherldoe

sherldoe Member

This direction, reports are in another two weeks, all our crops will be history. In a devere drought at this time. No rain in a long, long time

5. Woody

Woody Woodchuck

Mine is about the same as yours Andi, except a few degrees warmer.

6. Herbalpagan

Herbalpagan Well-Known Member

we're getting snow (on top of mud). so far it's about 5", supposed to continue most of the day.

7. ZoomZoom

ZoomZoom Rookie Prepper

Snowing here as well.

Spread the manure on the garden the other day but way too wet to rototill it.

8. gypsysue

gypsysue The wanderer

Sunny, calm, and 90 degrees here in southern Nevada. I'm having to water my container garden (lettuce, cantaloupe, potatoes, etc. in buckets) daily and keeping them in the shade of the camper.

Back home in Montana it's cloudy and in the 40's. Our son says the mud/slush on our road (3 mile dirt road) is as deep as the bumper of his pick-up truck in some places. Spring break-up is always worse than winter, as far as driving.

I don't guess we'll head home for a few more weeks! :D

9. Asatrur

Asatrur Well-Known Member

We are in a major drought on the front range of CO, but the Mtns are over predicted snow pack. We are predicted to continue with warmer and drier than normal weather this Summer, which will make gardening harder.

10. UncleJoe

UncleJoe Well-Known Member

Well our weather forecasters earned their money being wrong again. Woke up at 6:00 this morning to 1.5" of slushy global warming. :rolleyes: Cloudy and drizzly the rest of the day.

11. *Andi

*Andi Supporting Member

I'll take a few degrees warmer... :D If you want to send it my way.;)

12. Jason

Jason I am a little teapot

Haven't been outside to check the temp yet today but it's been cold and rainy (or sometimes cold and sunny) for the last week. Very unseasonal.

13. BadgeBunny

BadgeBunny Well-Known Member

Ya'll PLEASE send some rain this way ... March was our third driest month on record ... EVER ... and March is supposed to be our rainy season. :cry:

The highs will be 80s today, 90s tomorrow, 50s Monday ... "Slight" chance of "isolated storms" Monday ... :rolleyes:

14. Tirediron

Tirediron RockyMountainCanadian

We are getting a bunch of snow here, not so cold , just below freezing, but about 14 inches of wet white stuff so far. Hope the dry places get some moisture soon.

15. *Andi

*Andi Supporting Member

Hey Woody ... I said a few degrees ... not 20. lol

For Monday ...

Sunny and breezy, much warmer with highs in the lower 80s. Southwest winds 15 to 25 mph. With gusts up to 45 mph in the afternoon.

Red flag warnings ... no outdoor fires. :rolleyes: (like that will stop them.) :gaah:

16. Woody

Woody Woodchuck

There is just no pleasing some folks. Best be nice or I’ll send more white global warming your way next! :wave:

17. *Andi

*Andi Supporting Member

lol ...

white global warming :eek:- I'll past. :flower:

18. NaeKid

NaeKid YourAdministrator, eh?

It took me a day-n-half to shovel out the yard - about 14" of snow was pushed off of my Jeeps that fell in about 24hrs ... then I got started on moving the snow around my front-yard to my garden-area and moving the snow from the backyard to my garden-area and making a path to my truck ... and then removed the snow from my camper so that my solar-panels could see the sun again ....

Lots and lots of snow, and, while it was comin' down hard-n-heavy, went motorcycle shopping! :2thumb:

19. BasecampUSA

BasecampUSA Sr. Homesteader

I'll get my N.A. friends to do a rain dance for ya ;)

What are the wheat and corn crops doing out there BB ?

...snow this afternoon and tonite up here in Maine :gaah:

20. IrritatedWithUS

IrritatedWithUS Well-Known Member

The rain is getting to be too much here.
    We have had ONE DRY DAY in 2 months. This week we're expecting 2+ inches of rain. My once 30x50ft pond is now probably 100x100ft and 8ft deep. I swear it has it's own current. I'm wondering if it has something to do with the moon ;) :2thumb: It has it's own waves now and there can be no wind at all blowing.
    The ground is so wet I went outside in the backyard and my foot went a good inch and a half through the grass and I slipped and when I fell, a bunch of water went shooting up into the air and back on me.

NOT HAVING FUN!! :gaah: