Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you feel is your "weak spot" in your planning?

Mine is lack of storage space!

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
We plan to bug in. If we absolutely had to go, and we do have somewhere else to go, moving all these animals would be a real problem. We have a 6 horse, and a 2 horse trailer to move 5 horses, 2 mules, 4 donkeys, 9 goats, 5 dogs, and 8 chickens. We would have to decide what to leave behind. :(

·
Registered
50 Posts
I don't have enough storage, either. I have no water stored. I know that is not good, but I just can't take care of it all. Not sure what to do about the water situation.
My health is a real issue. I cannot do much physically. I can just walk, but not climb, no real lifting, hard work.

·
Registered
252 Posts
storage is always an issue, as are my health issues. but we plan to stay put here, we chose it for that reason.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Storage is a big problem. We also lack a source of winter heat. Next year we'll be buying an alcohol powered fireplace. We also don't keep a lot of water around although we have the capability to filter lots of it. We also don't have a "go to" location if our home is overrun. We've got all our eggs in one basket.

·
Registered
47 Posts
The only problem I would have is the physical labor. I am no younge chicken. But I could keep myself going. I would have a hard time if I had dependents to care for.

·
Mom of 4
47 Posts
I have plenty of storage, but we live in the city now...we do have a place to go and we would be alright. We just have to get there. I are trying to get back to the country.
mandie

1 - 8 of 8 Posts