Prepared Society Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
3,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like to read a lot and my best form of entertainment is watching good old cowboy movies especially the ones were the six shooter never runs out of bullets,:laugh: I grew up with Hopalong Cassidy, The Adventures of Wild Bill Hickok, The Big Valley and many others ,I still today enjoy it them all. I learn a lot from those cowboys, like chuck wagon cooking and baking on those heavy cast iron pots, simple corn bread meals and beef stew or just plain tortillas and beans over eggs, which by the way I still enjoy them all today. I have been reading a book for a long time now; I have a bad habit of reading several books at a time, this book is about real history real American history and I will probably read it more than once. I highly recommended to those who enjoy real history.
http://www.amazon.com/Hardtack-Coff...06184&sr=1-1-spell&keywords=hadrtack+&+coffee

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
It sounds like a good book. I've read a number of Civil War books on my Kindle. Including memoirs by Grant, Sherman, and Sheridan. Besides some books by the common soldier. The one by Sam Watkins is probably the best.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I'll have to check that out to. I love it when a book brings history to life like a time machine. You may enjoy a series that I just finished by Conn Iggulden about Julius Caesar called Emperor. Very well written. He has other historical fiction books, but this series was amazing.

·
833 Posts
yes,that we can learn from them,especially when we get our hands onto a good movie or book that was written by a good writer.like Louis L'Amour.he did his home work on the areas in his books..then applied the truth.there's history in his books.as well as a way of life,when it comes to the 1800's..

·
Banned
3,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Our lives are so mess up is pitifully so complicated that make a simple thing big enough to give you a headache, in business in our jobs rules on top of rules regulations that over ride regulations and if you work in government even worst you want to open a business, well forget it .I came across this little book that is right on the money.
The Death of Common Sense: How Law Is Suffocating America
https://www.amazon.com/Death-Common...881&sr=8-1&keywords=the+death+of+common+sense

1 - 5 of 5 Posts