We are the laughingstock of the world

Discussion in 'Politics' started by HozayBuck, Nov 8, 2010.

1. HozayBuck

HozayBuck Well-Known Member

I guess 5 US media hacks can spin things enough so they have a temper fit at the door.. as if 8 can get it right... Obama needs his Media Homeboyz to spin his bullsh&t ...

America has become the ship of fools, We the People are the foolsand our leadership are the crew.... God willing we can toss them overboard before we get torpedoed.... or not

I'm embarrassed and ashamed at the same time...

Gibbs threatens to pull Obama from India talks after press dispute | The Upshot Yahoo! News

Press Secretary Robert Gibbs is known for sparring with White House reporters, making for what often seems an antagonistic mood in the press briefing room.

But during President Obama's trip to India, Gibbs assumed the role of press advocate and threatened to pull Obama out of bilateral talks with Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh because three U.S. reporters were blocked from covering the meeting.

[Photos: More images of Robert Gibbs arguing with an Indian official]

Indian officials would let only five reporters into Hyderabad House in New Delhi instead of the agreed-upon eight.

The Washington Post's Scott Wilson—who was on White House pool duty Monday and filed the report for the White House press corps—wrote that "Gibbs announced loudly and persistently on steps of Hyderabad House that he would pull" President Obama out of the meeting "unless 'the White House 8,' as we've come to be known, were all allowed in."

As the discussion continued, Gibbs grew more animated.

"At one point, Gibbs literally had his foot lodged in the closing front door, asking if the Indian security officials pushing hard to shut it were going to break his foot," Wilson continued. "More angry words ensued, and after Gibbs convinced them, through high volume and repetition, that he was serious" about pulling Obama, the press secretary had the security retinue's full attention.

Gibbs' intervention worked: The Indian officials eventually allowed the full American press delegation into the event, along with a larger group of Indian reporters.

2. thunderdan19

thunderdan19 Shoots to Thrill

Of course. The Obaministration owes the lefty press big time for all the help in getting them elected and keeping last Tuesday's trouncing from being worse. It's Gibbs' job to service these guys/gals...

3. The_Blob

The_Blob performing monkey

I heard that this ONE trip is costing $2B! is that true? :eek: :mad:

4. thunderdan19

thunderdan19 Shoots to Thrill

Administration says no, but also hasn't published the actual number either, so take that for what it's worth.

5. SurviveNthrive

SurviveNthrive a dude

We already are, happened after an election:

[​IMG]

6. Bigdog57

Bigdog57 Adventurer at large

Of all the political Dwarves in DC, they had to elect Dopey........ :nuts:

7. HozayBuck

HozayBuck Well-Known Member

Well yanno, if anybody can turn a win into a loss the GOP RINO's are just the ones to do it..
    They will screw this up so fast it will make us cry... I so hope the so called Tea Party folks keep a close watch and keep hammering away.. not that I'm in one spot for a while maybe I can make a few rally's

8. Woody

Woody Woodchuck

You gota figure it cost a ton regardless and for sure we will never know the actual number. They not only fly there but fly food, vehicles, the entourage, military and all the other crap this dude ‘needs’ to keep him happy.

Just seems to me Barry has spent a LOT of time traveling, politicking and talking about we need jobs, jobs, jobs but I have not heard a peep about how he plans to do it. Besides dumping billions in fictitious money into the banks coffers I have seen nothing improve. It is way past time he got off his lazy *** and actually DID something.

9. Bigdog57

Bigdog57 Adventurer at large

Well, as has been said before (maybe not in here though?) it is NOT the Goobermint's/President's job to 'create jobs'. That's what business is for - IF they are not given disincentives like higher taxes, idiotic laws, Union activists, etc. The PTB have made our nation a 'hostile environment' for business to try to thrive in.......
    Like adding bleach to an aquarium. :surrender:

10. RoadRash

RoadRash Member

The quickest way to get out of the troubles are to set some new tariffs on trade look and see how many Ford GM or Dodge products are bought in the orient, change the mindset of John Q Public to buy what is produced here rather than a throw away society that we have become. This year at Christmas will be a made in North America one in my household where possible it may cost a bit more the kids may get a little less.
    Starts with changing mindset........
    Soon the price of oil will make it to cost prohibitive to import we will need to have the ability to make here......
    Printing money only creates a bigger debt for our kids short term gain long term more taxes and more gobberment..... Ahhh but thats what they want....
    So before ya buy something see where its made can ya buy a locally made one or can u have a local guy repair it.
    Lighter side instead of bailing out banks the gobberment should have given each citizen 50,000 buy a new North american car a few cases of beer get urself a prostitute and a new tattoo insuring the money stayed within the borders LOL
    Less gobberment less taxes More Gobberment more taxes
    L8R

11. SaskDame

SaskDame Well-Known Member