Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
YourAdministrator, eh?
8,000 Posts
You might be able to install a "decorative" water-pump in your yard that is drilled to the water-table below your home. Have your pipes and the right-of-ways marked out before bringing in the drilling rig. Once the muck is piled up on your yard, you can use it for decorative purposes in a planter around the standing hand-pump. Use the hand-pump to fill a leaky wooden-bucket that will slowly water the plants around the pump.

Multi-use and pretty too! :2thumb:

·
YourAdministrator, eh?
8,000 Posts
No I'm looking for a way to get water from the well if there was a power grid and system wide water shutdown. This would be a worse case situation exceeding our 120 day personnal water supply. I thought it is existing, closer than the river, possibly a safer drinking water supply. I do not want restart the system just attain water at the source.
Make friends with the maintenance-crew that takes care of the well, pumps, etc. Ask them what happens if the power was to go out for longer than 48hrs. Is there a backup plan to keep the well going. If there isn't a plan, ask them how hard it would be to install a solar-power well-pump that could be run in parallel with the main system, just in case.

Never let them know that you have 120-days worth of water already stocked up ... they just might not understand.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts