Prepared Society Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Seeking The Truth
7,938 Posts
I watched Oliver Stones American history on Netflix. I don't care for Stone or his Hollywood influence. Hollywood has done more to this nation than any inside or outside enemy could have ever done. IMO.

But the program was a shock to my idea of who and what we are. It destroyed all my past opinions about us and the humanity I always thought we had. :eek:

What I got out of it was humans are just plain selfish and violent no matter what we claim to believe. And no matter who runs the world it is run by a iron fist of violence. Maybe even more so if some other culture was ruling ,who knows? :dunno:

·
Banned
592 Posts
Yeah I watched it too.. pretty brutal.. but if you notice most of the most disappointing episodes in History is when we acted out of fear and prejudice and not principle .. looks ugly looking back...you would think we would learn.

·
Winston Smith Sent Me
4,996 Posts
I haven't watched it yet. I'll have to check it out. It's very easy to point out flaws with hindsight bias. World powers of the past did great things as well but we're far more brutal and violent than we have been. The world has come a long way from the days of Rome. I don't think people give the world at large, or the US in particular, enough credit for the improvements we have made but instead like to revel in our failures. It is important to look at our mistakes and acknowledge them so we can keep from repeating them. We should also look at our successes. In the past couple hundred years the world at large has all but stamped out slavery (with a few exceptions) an evil that has plagued the people of the world since people started walking on 2 feet. The standard of living has increased exponentially for a huge percentage of the world. Medical care has been revolutionized by antibiotics and technology. Our understanding of ourselves and the world around us has grown by leaps and bounds. We are making huge strides towards sustainable energy. For all our faults we have come a long way from an existence that is "nasty, brutish, and short". While we are far from perfect and have a lot of improving to do I am pleased by our successes and think it is folly to revel in our failures without recognizing them.

·
Registered
4,577 Posts
I watched Oliver Stones American history on Netflix. I don't care for Stone or his Hollywood influence. Hollywood has done more to this nation than any inside or outside enemy could have ever done. IMO.

But the program was a shock to my idea of who and what we are. It destroyed all my past opinions about us and the humanity I always thought we had. :eek:

What I got out of it was humans are just plain selfish and violent no matter what we claim to believe. And no matter who runs the world it is run by a iron fist of violence. Maybe even more so if some other culture was ruling ,who knows? :dunno:
I doubt it's historically accurate.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Yeah I watched it too.. pretty brutal.. but if you notice most of the most disappointing episodes in History is when we acted out of fear and prejudice and not principle .. looks ugly looking back...you would think we would learn.
Sorta repeating itself as it has done over and over again.

Haven't watched it but just having an idea of our history shows the pattern

·
Seeking The Truth
7,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
All I can say is ' what price glory '. As I stated it is probably good that we who desire knowledge and progress are the ones who rule this planet, but still we could really back off the warmongering and policing part. And this is not against the vets and I'm not a mental anti war jerk, just anti war for profit expanding empires.

I have enjoyed tremendous benefits by being an American in all aspects of life. But many people have paid the price for it. I just wish mankind was not so unkind.

·
Seeking The Truth
7,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
More facts that make us mad. We have been involved with this group for 6000 yr.s. Since Nimrod aka Osirus who was the first stone mason and his goddess wife Isis. who is still worshipped today The famous Statue Of Liberty is replica of Isis.

Nimrod built the first walled city and was a great warrior and hunter.

·
Resto
458 Posts
Welcome to life outside "The Garden". The last chapter of the Book says its only gonna get worse. "Unless Those Days are Shortened, No One Will Survive". The Planet will be made Un Inhabitable.

·
Seeking The Truth
7,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Welcome to life outside "The Garden". The last chapter of the Book says its only gonna get worse. "Unless Those Days are Shortened, No One Will Survive". The Planet will be made Un Inhabitable.
Res, Sure looks that way.

·
Banned
1,962 Posts
All I can say is ' what price glory '. As I stated it is probably good that we who desire knowledge and progress are the ones who rule this planet, but still we could really back off the warmongering and policing part. And this is not against the vets and I'm not a mental anti war jerk, just anti war for profit expanding empires.

I have enjoyed tremendous benefits by being an American in all aspects of life. But many people have paid the price for it. I just wish mankind was not so unkind.
Meerkat, The answer to your question ---- What price capitulation? We can resist and often times we have to fight or we can bow down, get on our knees and say "YES MASTER".

There has never been a benevolent government and there never will be one. Utopia does not exist and will never exist as long as any country has a government with a military.

As an individual we can and should be as good person as possible but, make no mistake, governments do brutal things and will be as brutal, as it appears necessary. To put it in prospective, every governments is an "animal entity" and will do what ever it feels is needed to survive, morals and ethnics do not enter into the equation. JMHO

·
Seeking The Truth
7,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Meerkat, The answer to your question ---- What price capitulation? We can resist and often times we have to fight or we can bow down, get on our knees and say "YES MASTER".

There has never been a benevolent government and there never will be one. Utopia does not exist and will never exist as long as any country has a government with a military.

As an individual we can and should be as good person as possible but, make no mistake, governments do brutal things and will be as brutal, as it appears necessary. To put it in prospective, every governments is an "animal entity" and will do what ever it feels is needed to survive, morals and ethnics do not enter into the equation. JMHO
I know but it is still wrong to kill just because you can. To survive is one thing but to show off what a scumbag you are is another.

Anyway I just vent and this is only forum I go to now. I know nothing we can do but it still gets to me. I hope my grandkids don't pay the price for it. Now the fems have made it legal for women to be in combat. I have 8 draft aged granddaughters. Not that my 4 grandsons are less important.

·
Banned
1,962 Posts
I know but it is still wrong to kill just because you can. To survive is one thing but to show off what a scumbag you are is another.

Anyway I just vent and this is only forum I go to now. I know nothing we can do but it still gets to me. I hope my grandkids don't pay the price for it. Now the fems have made it legal for women to be in combat. I have 8 draft aged granddaughters. Not that my 4 grandsons are less important.
MeerKat, I agree and I really do wish we could have that Utopia but it is never going to happen. I also have grandchildren, 3 boys and 3 girls. I hope they never have to see combat.

The reason I prep is for family. I am too old (and too mean) to worry about me but I try to plan for the future and prepare the family as best as I can.

I know your heart is in the right place but I also vent when I feel others wish for a better world but refuse or don't want to deal with the world we actually have. Nothing personal intended, just two folks venting. :cheers:

·
Seeking The Truth
7,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
MeerKat, I agree and I really do wish we could have that Utopia but it is never going to happen. I also have grandchildren, 3 boys and 3 girls. I hope they never have to see combat.

The reason I prep is for family. I am too old (and too mean) to worry about me but I try to plan for the future and prepare the family as best as I can.

I know your heart is in the right place but I also vent when I feel others wish for a better world but refuse or don't want to deal with the world we actually have. Nothing personal intended, just two folks venting. :cheers:
Your right of course, but I just saw this new drop in afgan today. He would be the one to use it first, after reading about what he did to his mothers homeland Scotland and the way he treated and talked about them I didn't vote for his ass anyway! I'm conservative and can't stand Hellery and glad she lost. But damn if he ain't acting like her.

Now he has his George Soros associate SIL running the show we are in deep trouble. Plus his arrogant attitude to boot. He who lives at 666 5th st. is a long time Soros guy. :scratch I don't worry about the street number,it is just funny to me.

·
Watching the world self-destruct!
3,044 Posts

·
3,044 Posts
More facts that make us mad. We have been involved with this group for 6000 yr.s. Since Nimrod aka Osirus who was the first stone mason and his goddess wife Isis. who is still worshipped today The famous Statue Of Liberty is replica of Isis. Nimrod built the first walled city and was a great warrior and hunter.
Videos you should check out...and people wonder why I am so "against Muslinms!"

:brickwall:

·
Registered
310 Posts
First, Oliver Stone should not be considered as an accurate source on any subject. He seems more than willing to fiddle with facts in order to build buzz and increase viewers of his work.

Second, it's important to keep in mind that our history is for the most part a recounting of conflicts. And the winners write the stories.

·
Seeking The Truth
7,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
First, Oliver Stone should not be considered as an accurate source on any subject. He seems more than willing to fiddle with facts in order to build buzz and increase viewers of his work.

Second, it's important to keep in mind that our history is for the most part a recounting of conflicts. And the winners write the stories.
I say he is about as reliable as any in that group. :dunno:
I'll have to see who it is that makes all the movies that insult and make murderous deviants out of some while praising and victimizing others. :coffee:

·
Seeking The Truth
7,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
PS Oliver is called an anti-Semite, which is ironic since he is jewish. He is one of the best in Hollyhood IMO. He is not hooked on pushing agendas like the other.

·
3,044 Posts
I say he is about as reliable as any in that group. :dunno:
I'll have to see who it is that makes all the movies that insult and make murderous deviants out of some while praising and victimizing others. :coffee:
Oliver Stone and "historical accuracy" should not be mentioned in the same sentence.....Stone is a Left-Wing maniac who wouldn't recognize historical accuracy if it jumped up and bit him in the a$$! Even the Left-leaning NY Times trounces him....as do the reputable historians.....
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/25/magazine/oliver-stone-rewrites-history-again.html
:coffee:

·
Seeking The Truth
7,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Oliver Stone and "historical accuracy" should not be mentioned in the same sentence.....Stone is a Left-Wing maniac who wouldn't recognize historical accuracy if it jumped up and bit him in the a$$! Even the Left-leaning NY Times trounces him....as do the reputable historians.....
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/25/magazine/oliver-stone-rewrites-history-again.html
:coffee:
Nixon
W
JFK
Born On The 4th Of July.................... and a few others all good movies , Far as accuracy goes none of the hollyhoods ever care about that.

So if your such a fact finder than you best look elsewhere than hollyhood.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts