Prepared Society Forum banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

· edirPsmaP
1,663 Posts
Nice setup Sue! I like to run the jeans and towels through our regular washing machine because they are to much for my hands. But all of the lighter stuff is fair game for hand washing!

· The wanderer
5,544 Posts
Nice setup Sue! I like to run the jeans and towels through our regular washing machine because they are to much for my hands. But all of the lighter stuff is fair game for hand washing!
If you have a regular wash machine, that's a great way to do it. Ours went with the sale of the house we sold to move up here, and we're off-grid up here anyway.

Towels were the hardest thing to get used to. No matter what, they're just not as soft as they were with a washer and dryer! I've used different things for softness and shook them out when hanging them and again when taking them off the line. They're clean and they smell nice, but not the same 'soft and fluffy'!

Still...it doesn't cost us anything to wash and dry clothes other than what we use to wash and rinse them with: baking soda for the wash, white vinegar for the rinse, bought large and cheap at Costco. Had to stock up, though, because when our card expires in September we're not renewing.

I pick and dry wild rose petals and other nice-scented wildflowers, and toss them in with the rinse to scent the clothes. MY clothes, that is! My husband would probably prefer gunpowder or pineneedles or something 'manly'! :D

21 - 22 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.