Prepared Society Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to build an under bed gun case. It needs to fit under a full size bed and can replace the frame. It can be double height what the normal space is under the bed and should fill the entire space under the full sized bed. It will need to be able to drop one side open and slide a large drawer out from under the bed. Anyone have any such plans or know where I could find some? I'm interested in something like one of these pics. Maybe 2 or 3 drawers that slide out from under one side of the bed. Will need to lock.
case.jpg
case2.jpg

·
Registered
10,753 Posts
I don't have any to offer, but consider looking up plans for storage boxes for the back ends of SUV's. They are similar in size and many have drawers that slide out. A lot of hunters and skeet shooters build them so I am betting there are plans out there. Seems like it would be an easy conversion for under a bed.

·
Just walking at the edge of my grave
4,246 Posts
Since we moved to this rather small house we need to use every inch of space. I built something very similar to what you are asking about but we just use it for general storage. I made no real plans and just built it from scratch. Came out well. It is NOT rocket science.

·
160 Posts
Look HERE for ideas and plans

Reactions: Caribou
1 - 8 of 8 Posts