Waiting on the mail! I got some goodies coming!

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by PamsPride, Mar 12, 2011.

1. PamsPride

PamsPride edirPsmaP

I just ordered 3 things from Amazon! I got all three of them FREE with my swagbucks earnings!!
    5 quart dutch oven!
    Amazon.com: Lodge Logic 5-Quart Double Dutch Oven and Casserole with Skillet Cover: Kitchen & Dining

5 gallon bucket toilet seat cover!
    Amazon.com: Reliance Products Luggable Loo Seat Cover: Sports & Outdoors

12 quart mixing bowl for making bread!
    Amazon.com: Fox Run 12-Quart Stainless Steel Mixing Bowl: Kitchen & Dining

Then I bought 6 boxes of floating oil wicks!
    I tried to put a link in but it is not working. They are oil wicks from Hobby Lobby. 3 floaters and 100 wicks. They are supposed to be used with vegetable oil and burn for 3 hours with just one inch of oil in a wine glass. One bottle of oil is supposed to last 1000 hours.

Plus I have 2 dozen peeps coming this week! Today I got a 3'x5' wooden shipping box for free to use as a brooder box!

2. OldCootHillbilly

OldCootHillbilly Reverend Coot

Nothin beats cast iron fer cookin!

Got one them loo's, hey, if the time comes gonna beat a hole in the ground.

Good luck with the chickens. Gotta get my coop built this spring.

3. PamsPride

PamsPride edirPsmaP

With 8 people in my house and no water for flushing I will be so glad to have it! We have over 50 5 gallon buckets!
    I just love my mom! When I went out shopping with her last night night so she could get stocked up I told her about the toilet seat and she did not think I was crazy at all! I am so happy that my mom has FINALLY got stocked up! She got at least 4-5 months of food for her and my brother last night!

4. goshengirl

goshengirl Supporting Member

Woo hoo! Happy for you, Pam! :congrat:

5. *Andi

*Andi Supporting Member

Very nice! :2thumb:

6. Jason

Jason I am a little teapot

Sounds cool, Pam. Glad to hear the family's coming around.

7. sailaway

sailaway Well-Known Member

Great going Jason, especially on the Lodge. Their foundry and out let store is in South Pittsburgh, just west of Chattanooga. Stop off at the Tn. welcome center when headed N. on I75 and pick up a coupon for a 10" Lodge Frying pan. only $3.99. There is also another lodge outlet store by Pigeon Forge, great deals on factory 2nds on both places. Cooking with C.I. also picks up iron from the pan and adds it to the food being cooked, great for iron poor blood.

8. MrSfstk8d

MrSfstk8d Well-Known Member

I LOVE cooking with my cast iron. Got several skillets, and now two sizes of dutch oven with legs for cooking over the coals. Want to get a deep pan with a lid next.

9. PamsPride

PamsPride edirPsmaP

My peeps came today! :D

10. goshengirl

goshengirl Supporting Member

Awww, post pics! :)

They're so cute. I find myself going into Tractor Supply more often now. I think next year is the year we'll start on chickens. :D

11. PamsPride

PamsPride edirPsmaP

You can find pics on my blog...link in my signature! I posted them last night.

12. gypsysue

gypsysue The wanderer

So happy for you, Pam, for your new prep purchases and your peeps!

Thanks for posting your blog link! I love it! You have a beautiful family!

And hey...you have piglets? They're so cute, too! :)

13. PamsPride

PamsPride edirPsmaP

Nope! No piglets for me! The lady that has the buck that I used to breed my goats has them. All of the little goaties and meat goaties were hers too. I just have the two brown goaties.

My oil wicks came in today! I tried one and I really like them!

14. PamsPride

PamsPride edirPsmaP

I have got all of my goodies now! I even took some pictures of the mixing bowl and dutch oven and added them to my blog if you want to check them out.
    Pam's Pride

15. Clarice

Clarice Well-Known Member

I'm still waiting on my order from EE. Thought it would have been in last week. Will call tomorrow if not here today. We did get confirmation on our queen bee order. They will be here April 26th.

16. PamsPride

PamsPride edirPsmaP

Clarice, that is cool that your queen bee will be here in a month! I got the message that my Top Bar bee hive was ready last week and now I am just waiting for DH to go pick it up. One of my DH's best friend's has a wood working shop and he made it for me. As soon as I met someone from my church that has 60-70 hives and said he would sell me a NUC I ordered up the top bar hive! If DH does not go get it soon I will just go get it myself! But I know that his buddy really wants to see him so I don't think that is very fair to his buddy.

17. MrSfstk8d

MrSfstk8d Well-Known Member

Not sure if it's strictly on topic, but is there any way for exclusion in a top bar hive? Or will you just have to deal with straining "bee bits" from the combs you do harvest while leaving enough back for the healthy, and populous, hive?

18. PamsPride

PamsPride edirPsmaP

Ummm...:dunno: I have not even got my hive yet, I am still waiting on it so I am still new to it all.