Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
VIDEO: The Science of Telomeres and Anti Aging. Dr. William H. Andrews.

This is incredible stuff. Cutting Edge technology for anti-aging.

This video is talking about the possibility and current research of reversing aging. It seems to be based on some pretty solid scientific research.

Committee of correspondence time. What do you guys think? Impossible? I am curious if anyone else has read anything about this.

Peace.

·
Default Member Title Here
83 Posts
It's an infomercial with very little info....

·
Banned
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry about the pitch at the end. I did not intend for people to be "sold" on something. I thought the information was very interesting. I have heard about products that slow down aging...but never about reversing aging.

This seems like it is scientifically possible. Perhaps we are in dangerous territory as the human race trying to gain eternal life...similar to the Tower of Babel when they built a tower to the heavens to reach into the heavens...

Anyway...anyone heard anything else about this?

Peace.

·
performing monkey
4,230 Posts
I didn't watch the video, but from someone in this EXACT field of study let me reassure all ya'all that there is still NO scientifically reproduceable method of affecting telomere shrink rate retardation in humans... so far ;)

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
I don't think we'll ever reverse the aging process or even slow it down. People want it to happen so it's a field with a lot of fraud potential. I'd like to go a few steps farther: take a pill every day to get younger then when I'm the right age just take it once a week. When I was younger I didn't have diabetes, I was thinner, and had more hair. So if I could just make myself 30 again my health problems would go away.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts