Prepared Society Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Reverend Coot
3,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found vibrams site, but wasn't there another brand what was similar in quality an design?

Wan't somethin like this fer next year in the canoe.

Thanks yall!

·
19 Posts
Merrell makes a shoe very similar to the Vibram Five Finger. There are a few different models such as the True Glove, and Trail Glove. I believe the sole of the shoe is still Vibram. You get a very light weight shoe, breathable, but without the individual toes. I can speak from experience, it takes a while to get used to the feeling between your toes with the Five Fingers, some never get used to it.

·
Survival Doc
22 Posts
I will tell you, I love my Vibram five fingers and they are excellent water shoes - heck they work for just about everything. I did see a billboard that said Fila now has something similar.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Knock-off pairs of the Merrells, and Vibrams are here in the "Stan." They don't break in the way they should from what a friend was telling me, and he could tell by the way they looked during someone's range of motion that they were "bootleg" pairs of these shoes.

I don't know that I would ever trail run with these shoes as I have seen pictures, and read stories of people getting hurt pretty badly while trail running. Stubbed toe? How about while wearing the Five Fingers? OUCH! They are definitely a great advancement to running though, and I wouldn't mind doing road runs with them.

·
Seeking The Truth
7,938 Posts
I saw a girl with them on a couple days ago. Fingered feet look very out of place.But whatever people like I guess.:cool:

·
I am a little teapot
2,696 Posts
Yeah whatever floats a person's boat is fine by me but I'll be sticking to sneakers and work boots.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have 2 pairs. I bought my first pair for a martial arts class instead of wrestling shoes. Loved them so much I bought a second pair. The first pair are the smooth bottom design and the others are the treaded kind. I love them both. I have jogged in them and sparred full contact in gravel in them. They suck to walk long distances in however. I did a walk america type thing and my feet have never hurt so bad. Running, you are on your toes, but walking you tend to heel strike. I have aging knees, not that I like to admit it, and I'd run in them before I'd ever go for a long walk in normal shoes as the reduction in impact is THAT noticeable.
I have heard that Merrell is coming out with some shoes that they have collaborated with Vibram on that uses the same material for the sole, but has a normal toe design to accomiate more feet shapes / folks that hate stuff between their toes. That's unsubstantiated, just hear say from some friends.

jim

1 - 8 of 8 Posts