Very slow server or not enough bandwidth

Discussion in 'Website Comments and Suggestions' started by Von Helman, Nov 2, 2009.

1. Von Helman

Von Helman A very simple man

It takes forever for pages to load on this forum board and I was wondering if the administration has checked the speed of the page and if there is a solution

All the other sites I visit all load much faster so I know it’s not my personal computer

2. NaeKid

NaeKid YourAdministrator, eh?

I am on cable connection (home) and dsl connection (work) and I find that the page-loads are fairly consistant with many other forums that I visit. There are many outside factors that will create slow load-times like hotlinked images and the GoogleAds at the top.

I haven't setup a "fast-access" type account without the GoogleAds yet - it is a thought in the back of my head, because I am not sure if I would like to do that with such a new forum.

If there is enough call to remove the google ads, I might setup a paid-subscription system - and - try to keep it a fair value.

3. northernontario

northernontario Well-Known Member

I don't find this site particularly slow... either at work or at home. But I have noticed my commonly visited sites are sometimes slow to load... like someone somewhere is throttling things.

4. bunkerbob

bunkerbob Supporting Member

I have a Verizon broadband card for my laptop, everything loads just fine for me. But on the other hand I'm getting a little more slow now.

5. Canadian

Canadian Well-Known Member

I got high speed. Never have a problem.

6. bunkerbob

bunkerbob Supporting Member

Bragger. You must be younger than I, just wait 'til you get to my age. Oh, I forgot, I'm not old, I've just lived a long time.

7. Jason

Jason I am a little teapot

I have 56k dialup too and this site isn't any slower that any other one for me. Sometimes it is slow and some pics might not download, but that's consistent with other sites as well. I think the government is watching you, Von.

:peep: